AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going waaaay out on a limb, I know. If IK took his fam on a mexican cruise, I assume he booked Carnival. only 2 ships sail from Galveston.. the magic and the triumph,,,

there was a 7 day that left on the 5th and the 12th.... I doubt he sprung for a 7 day

and the triumph does 4 and 5 days-- leaving 2/5,(4 day) 2/9 (4day) and the 2/13 sailing wouldnt allow him travel time to Alaska or to visit in TX.

the 2/9 sailing actually gets him back to TX and available to visit with family and rob a bank...how close is Azle to Galveston?... jus sayin' :)

It's a long ways. I believe Azle is close to Dallas/Fort Worth and about a 5.5 hour drive.

On the other hand I heard he had family in Mineral Wells TX which is not far at all from Azle. I cannot confirm this.

It's a long ways. I believe Azle is close to Dallas/Fort Worth and about a 5.5 hour drive.

A ways, yes, but if you live in Alaska and are going to be taking a cruise out of Galvestion, seems reasonable to drive that far if there are relatives in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

I didn't forget anything. i think the green ribbon thing is just as dumb as stuffed animals at IK's house. No ones going to the lake are they? The place to grieve is the funeral, the memorial and the graveyard. JMOO.

People grieve in different ways, it is usually to make them feel like they have acknowledged ... pointless to some but makes some feel good - let them do it, its harmless .

I didn't mean to imply they shouldnt do it (just I didn't understand the relief it brought), it was the admin of the FB that told them where to display and where not to.... I think reminding IK's daughter that her dad is possibly responsible for the murder of a girl is harmful though. so sorry.

People grieve in different ways, it is usually to make them feel like they have acknowledged ... pointless to some but makes some feel good - let them do it, its harmless .

I'm surprised they are not talking about having any kind of public memorial, remembrance, candlelight service or anything. I hope as a local they do because I think it would be good for the community as a whole to come together. Random murder like this is VERY rare up here so this has hit the community hard. I realize the family needs to worry about themselves and maybe there will never be a public memorial but I think that's where the ribbon thing and leaving stuffed animals comes in. Even my daughters feel the need to do something. Many people feel the need to grieve this as a community and there has been no talk about anything of the sort yet.

I'm surprised they are not talking about having any kind of public memorial, remembrance, candlelight service or anything. I hope as a local they do because I think it would be good for the community as a whole to come together. Random murder like this is VERY rare up here so this has hit the community hard. I realize the family needs to worry about themselves and maybe there will never be a public memorial but I think that's where the ribbon thing and leaving stuffed animals comes in. Even my daughters feel the need to do something. Many people feel the need to grieve this as a community and there has been no talk about anything of the sort yet.

"Memorial"??? Her body was found. I guess her family is waiting for a funeral service once her body is released. :waitasec:

3hrs to the port of Galveston from Wells, and from Wells to Azle, is 7 hours.... where was he pulled over again?.... ETA: Luftkin... very close to wells and in between the bank and the alleged family.

3hrs to the port of Galveston from Wells, and from Wells to Azle, is 7 hours.... where was he pulled over again?.... ETA: Luftkin... very close to wells and in between the bank and the alleged family.

Wells to Azle is about 3 hrs 40 min. according to my rand mcnally calculator.

I don't see where he flew into to go on the cruise. I get that he flew out of Texas on the way back to ak.

Where else in the gulf coast do cruises to Mexico leave from? New Orleans?

If he robbed a bank why would he still be taking debit card money out a month later?
Unless he hid the money in tx and only brought some back to ak, not enough to raise suspicion. And planned on getting it when he went back for the wedding. Would exPlain the rolls of cash in the car.

Maybe he bought a bunch of stuff in tx after the robbery.

Maybe he didn't get much in the robbery. I never saw an amount in any of the articles

Please excuse me if this has been discussed earlier, I don't recall seeing it but.... Neah Bay is an Indian reservation, it just occurred to me that IK may not have a record because it happened on tribal land.

Alaska Airline is the main airline that flies in and out of Anchorage. Delta is second. Alaskans are very savvy when it comes to using or buying airline miles for vacations since it's so remote. Here's what Alaska Airline offers for Mexican Cruises:

http://ak.cruisesonly.com/promotion/mexico-cruises.do

I don't see why he would travel to Texas for a Mexican cruise. All the cruises depart from California.

In reference to this: " lalabb says IK left with his daughter on Feb 2 to go on a cruise to Mexico and the GF joined them a day later. He spent time in Texas then returned to AK on the 18th of Feb and the GF returned a couple of days later."

I am still under the impression that IK flew to LV, NV then drove to TX...I picked galveston only because he was found in tx, has links to tx and admitted to being in tx. and even my friends who live in NoLA, pick cruises out of galveston. i admitted it was a far fetched theory. personally from ohio, i have left from NY, miami, ft lauderdale, NoLA, port canaveral and once Long Beach CA. We drove to NoLa twice just because of parking--not that I think IK was value shopping like I was...:)

The positive identification was JUST confirmed, yesterday although I don't think anyone doubted it was Sam, I understand the family holding onto that very last shred of hope. There are various memorials all around town GC is one, then at Mat Lake itself too. Though the FB page specifically asked people not to go there until LE was finished collecting potential evidence.

I'm sure the family will hold some type of public memorial, but as difficult as this has been for the community, Sams friends & family have been devastated. They deserve to grieve in peace and not worry about anyone but themselves for a while.

Alaska Airline is the main airline that flies in and out of Anchorage. Delta is second. Alaskans are very savvy when it comes to using or buying airline miles for vacations since it's so remote. Here's what Alaska Airline offers for Mexican Cruises:

http://ak.cruisesonly.com/promotion/mexico-cruises.do

I don't see why he would travel to Texas for a Mexican cruise. All the cruises depart from California.

We got started on this over a comment on a news article that said IK went on a cruise and then spent time in Texas before going back to Alaska on Feb 18. So it could be nonsense from the git. Our minds wander w/o any hard news, kwim?

The positive identification was JUST confirmed, yesterday although I don't think anyone doubted it was Sam, I understand the family holding onto that very last shred of hope. There are various memorials all around town GC is one, then at Mat Lake itself too. Though the FB page specifically asked people not to go there until LE was finished collecting potential evidence.

I'm sure the family will hold some type of public memorial, but as difficult as this has been for the community, Sams friends & family have been devastated. They deserve to grieve in peace and not worry about anyone but themselves for a while.

I didn't mean any disrespect. I understand that. I was commenting because of the discussion on not understanding putting stuffed animals and green ribbons on trees. I meant that the community is trying to do something and thus the ribbons, etc.

We got started on this over a comment on a news article that said IK went on a cruise and then spent time in Texas before going back to Alaska on Feb 18. So it could be nonsense from the git. Our minds wander w/o any hard news, kwim?

Yea, I kwym. I'm just saying it's doubtful that they took a Mexican cruise from Texas when it's not at all convenient or economical. Maybe they did, but it would be highly unusual. Local bulletin boards are full of people wanting to buy/swap airline miles for vacations. It's almost cost-prohibitive to travel without some perk. I think they went on a cruise, then he stayed south never returning to AK. kwim?

I'd like to know how he financed his rental car when he was in Texas. Car rentals require a credit card. I'm not buying he landed in Las Vegas. Why did his rental car have Texas tags? We need a timeline for
Feb-Mar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members