AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone seen anything anywhere that says how tall CB is?

eta: he looks pretty tall in this pic: http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/whytetyson910/?action=view&current=Picture150.jpg

This might seem silly, but does anybody have brick like this on their house? I know he isn't standing completely straight, but in the picture, from the ground to the top of his head is 28 bricks, which would give an idea as to how tall he is....my house is partial brick, and they're more square than the ones in the picture, so it won't work for me. He does look pretty tall, though...
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/...etyson910/?action=view&current=Picture028.jpg

This might seem silly, but does anybody have brick like this on their house? I know he isn't standing completely straight, but in the picture, from the ground to the top of his head is 28 bricks, which would give an idea as to how tall he is....my house is partial brick, and they're more square than the ones in the picture, so it won't work for me. He does look pretty tall, though...
http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/...etyson910/?action=view&current=Picture028.jpg

I would say that is a 2 1/4" brick. Here is a coursing chart that will show how tall 25 courses of bricks with mortar will be which is 5' 6". Add another 8" for the three additional courses to make 28 courses which would make him about 6' 2" tall.

http://www.hansonbrick.com/english/pdf/coursing/standard_coursing.pdf

i was thinking the same thing! but with another pic... oh wait.. it was one of his music videos... he was standing next to a wall made with cinder blocks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7luxnOxWWI"]SunGlasses Mixtape Track with Whyte Tyson & Young Stunna - YouTube[/ame]

(can be seen at about 1:05 in the video in case you don't care to listen to the song, haha)

eta: in the video you can also see a heavily wooded area in the background. however, the video was uploaded in 2009, so who knows if he still frequents this area.

I grew up in Anchorage but don't live there anymore. My mom lives 60 miles north of Anchorage and has been hearing helicopters the last 2 days, I hope they are looking for her by air too. Everyone where my mom lives is keeping a close eye on empty houses and strange cars going in and out of her neighborhood. The neighbors up there are very close and keep an eye out for each other. My sister hung around Sam's father as a teen and has 10 or so mutual friends.

My fear(other then the worse) is that someone has taken her to a cabin. A lot of people who live in Anchorage have cabin's up north but most don't go up in the winter except to ride snowmachines for the weekend and such. Also since Anchorage has no sales taxes people who do live out of town often makes trips to town to get supplies at costco and other stores. When they said it could be anyone I believe that.

Men still outnumber women in Alaska. Lots of men get turned down because of so many choices..Back in the 90's it was 10:1..

About 90% of people in Alaska carry guns. (per Alaska state trooper show)

It is pitch black at 8pm right now. With the added height of the snow the shop would have been hidden from tudor. Also it would not have looked odd with someone wearing a ski mask, if they were.

There are camera's on Alaska Club roof pointed at the shop, you can see it on google maps. I think some of the video came from there.
Other then the reason's mentioned i think the reason they have not released the tape is because there was something on it that could point to who took her. It may have been a tattoo, a unique gun, or even seen the car she got into. It could have a very good picture of the person and they don't want him to know. They could be following them to see if he would lead them to her. Which I really hope is the case. Alaskan's are the type to take it into their own hands, which could be another reason why they are not releasing it.

This case sounds so much like another widely known case in Alaska The Bonnie Craig case. She was 18 waiting for a city bus early in the morning. She was kidnapped and taken South of Anchorage to a popular hiking/picnic area, raped and killed. They didn't find out who killed her until 12 years later. They found him by DNA. He was recently sentenced to 124 years in prison (Alaska does not have the death penalty) Here is a link to that case:
http://www.adn.com/2011/10/31/2148110/craig-killer-sentenced-to-124.html

Anchorage is a small town, you can get across town in 15 minutes at that time of day. There are 2 ways by road out of Anchorage North and South with Old Seward highway linking them both. There is only one way out of state by road. I don't think she was taken out of state.

I read that one of the local Pizza hut's put fliers in their pizza boxes for super bowl. Kudo's to them!!

Has anyone heard if Alaska state troopers have been on the case at all? It seems strange if they were not..Glad to hear the FBI are now involved!

Watching that video of the dad pleading for Sam's return broke my heart! That is what you want to hear from parents when a child goes missing. I pray that they find her alive soon! I will not lose hope that she is dead in this case. With cases like Jaycee shows it can have good outcomes.

All IMHO...

has anyone seen anything anywhere that says how tall CB is?

eta: he looks pretty tall in this pic: http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/whytetyson910/?action=view&current=Picture150.jpg

No but I did look and couldnt find any stats. He does look very tall imo. I know there's a pic of him with a rapper and CB is taller. I'll try to find the height for the rapper.

ETA ok, so CB is in a pic with Afroman here. Now here's Afroman, hunched forward, with actor Jason Mewes (attached). If Jason Mewes is 5' 11.25" tall, then Afroman must be bet. 5' 9" to 5' 10". Lastly, in the pic bet. CB and Afroman then I would say he is as tall as Afroman or a couple of inches taller.

So let's assume that CB is bet. 5' 9" to 5' 11". Samantha is 5' 4" so that makes CB a lot taller that her specially if she was wearing furry boots, which are mostly flat.

MOOOOOOOOO

Attachments

• 104603925-1.jpg
    104603925-1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 39
If you look at that video of the car crashing into the hut closely there are actually three different camera's shown in the news video. The camera showing the outside which would capture anyone pulling up to the drive up window and showing the car as it whizz's by hitting the side of the building and two camera's from inside. One camera pointing towards the door from the opposite side of the building and one camera mounted above and to the right of the door on the door end of the building.

The owner of the coffee hut above has the same name as the owner of the hut Samantha worked at, Michelle Duncan.

Note at the bottom of the video in yellow font: "Courtesy Action Security"

And there is a listing for an Action Security:

Action Security, Inc.
2430 Cinnabar Loop
Anchorage, Alaska 99507

The above video was uploaded January 23, 2009. The owner [M Duncan] talked about being on hard times here a while back, before the bikini servers were hired. I wonder if security was a financial survival cut.....

The owner of the coffee hut above has the same name as the owner of the hut Samantha worked at, Michelle Duncan.

Note at the bottom of the video in yellow font: "Courtesy Action Security"

And there is a listing for an Action Security:

Action Security, Inc.
2430 Cinnabar Loop
Anchorage, Alaska 99507

The above video was uploaded January 23, 2009. The owner [M Duncan] talked about being on hard times here a while back, before the bikini servers were hired. I wonder if security was a financial survival cut.....

The owners of the Common Grounds Espresso which Sam worked at owns three locations in Anchorage.

You can learn more about them at their website. http://commongroundsespresso.com/About_Us.html

I think the security company is the one's that installed the camera's and likely monitors the alarm. I think the same security company is used for all three location since the wiring of the camera's looks similar in all their locations.

We know the camera's were working at the time Sam was abducted and also it has been reported that the alarm was not set when Sam left. So I think all security measures are still in place, if that was what you were referring to as a financial survival cut.

JMO

Interesting note from this article ...
http://www.ktva.com/news/samantha-k...ease-Video-of-Koenig-Abduction-138943419.html

The owners of Common Grounds have seen the footage. It's what prompted them to call for help, and while they say the footage is disturbing, it doesn't show much. “The glimpse that we got from viewing over the internet was enough for us to realize that something happened,” said co-owner Tyler Duncan.

“Whoever this is took very obvious and deliberate measures to avoid being captured on video, I can absolutely confirm that, and I do not believe the police have anything hugely substantial to go on.”
The footage is not recorded and stored onsite, rather it records to the security company's server via the net.

Very obvious and deliberate measures = this guy was a pretty sophisticated criminal and/or had pretty good knowledge of the coffee shack's security cameras. Either he's really pretty practiced at doing this kind of thing or he had a good idea of where those cameras were placed.

Also I think this means it was a planned abduction rather than a burglary gone awry.

"At the Kodiak Kup, near 36th and Arctic, baristas say there are surveillance cameras capturing video and audio and all of the girls are now coming to work with a little something extra.

“Pepper spray, and we just try to check as much as we can. We lock the doors. We check on each other a lot. I have girls come in here all the time,” said barista Jordan Cummings.

Her co-worker Sari Phillips said, “I know a lot of girls are scared that work in coffee shops. My family got me pepper spray. I know a lot of girls’ families are doing that.”"

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/In-Wake-of-Abduction-Local-Baristas-Exercise-Extra-Caution-138787314.html

You would think that they would put them working in pairs. I guess they can't afford doing that. I do not think pepper spray can go head to head with a gun. MOO

Very obvious and deliberate measures = this guy was a pretty sophisticated criminal and/or had pretty good knowledge of the coffee shack's security cameras. Either he's really pretty practiced at doing this kind of thing or he had a good idea of where those cameras were placed.

Also I think this means it was a planned abduction rather than a burglary gone awry.

I agree with you 100%. I don't think a random person off the street would have known these details of where the camera's were located inside of the business since it is not a business where the public is allowed inside the hut itself. This person would not have the ability to "case" the inside of the hut to know where the camera's were located unless they were a regular to the business like a maintenance contractor, delivery person or someone who knew one of the employees and had been inside the hut in the past.

JMO

I believe I found the guy she filed a restraining order against -- CB. I don't know whether I can post the link, but he was charged with breaking and entering in Jacksonville, NC in 2009. I pretty sure it's him, because Intelius gives locations for him in both Jacksonville, NC and Anchorage, AK and the age is right.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/breaking-71170-entering-deloney.html

ETA link to article. If inappropriate, feel free to remove.

I am just finding out about this case and I clicked on the link above what is so troubling is this excerpt from the article-by the way it was 12/09

Bird was additionally charged with communicating threats and resisting a police officer because of alleged behavior during the investigation.

While waiting at the Sheriff’s Department to be questioned by detectives, Bird is said to have told Sheriff’s Deputy Edwin Roman, “I will put the handcuffs around your neck and choke you…”

He is also accused of kicking a door and having to be forced to remain inside an interview room, according to warrants.

Sounds pretty violent to me and lack of respect for law enforcement. Wonder what brought him to Alaska from NC?

Common Grounds owners Tyler and Michelle Duncan said that the stand was locked up the next morning, but it was messy inside and all the cash was missing. Earlier reports that Koenig left behind her belongings at the stand were incorrect -- her purse, coat and cellphone were gone, Michelle Duncan said -- and there wasn't anything that immediately suggested an abduction, she said.

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

So after a week, we find out that none of her belongings were left at Common Grounds, after all. I find that interesting...it doesn't seem she got surprised by the abductor as she was just about to leave because she hadn't cleaned up the stand yet, so did he tell her to get her things and bring them? Also, the owner's comment that "all the cash was missing" implies that the money from closing IS left in the stand overnight, normally.

Common Grounds owners Tyler and Michelle Duncan said that the stand was locked up the next morning, but it was messy inside and all the cash was missing. Earlier reports that Koenig left behind her belongings at the stand were incorrect -- her purse, coat and cellphone were gone, Michelle Duncan said -- and there wasn't anything that immediately suggested an abduction, she said.

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

So after a week, we find out that none of her belongings were left at Common Grounds, after all. I find that interesting...it doesn't seem she got surprised by the abductor as she was just about to leave because she hadn't cleaned up the stand yet, so did he tell her to get her things and bring them? Also, the owner's comment that "all the cash was missing" implies that the money from closing IS left in the stand overnight, normally.

Regarding the cash normally being left in the stand overnight: I don't think the owner's comment implies that. Perhaps ordinary procedure is to clean up the stand and take the cash for deposit. The "missing cash" may have been noteworthy, in hindsight, only because the inside was left messy.

In fact, I think the later comment -- that "The first baristas didn't see anything we haven't seen before (with other employees). It just looked like she did a real poor job of closing" -- indicates that it is normal for the cash to be removed.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/08/2018331/police-report-some-progress-in.html#storylink=cpy

So that means that LE should have been able to track her initial path using her cell phone. We know her father repeatedly called her cell phone until it went dead. Or at least LE should be able to locate were the cell phone was disposed of if it was thrown away by whoever took Sam. The part about there wasn't anything that immediately suggested an abduction is also very interesting.

Koenig's father, James Koenig, said he had "briefly" hired a private investigator but the man was no longer working on the case. James sounded haggard on the phone Wednesday.

"I am hitting every place I can possibly think of to get any tip or inclination," he said. "I've got to start thinking, where would I dump the ... body if I were this guy?"

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/08/2018331/police-report-some-progress-in.html#storylink=cpy

Is her father giving up hope she will be found alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo