AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching another local story in Anchorage, not saying it is linked to Samantha's disappearance. But an abduction and a murder within a few days of each other could be related, moo.

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/2307120/autopsy-points-to-homicide-in.html

I doubt these two incidents are related since the victims are very different. Anchorage is just a very violent town these days. A couple months ago there were FOUR unrelated homicides here all in one weekend. I'm actually leaving Anchorage in the near future and this is part of the reason why.

Interesting video with one of the members of LE.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/36438336"]Missing Alaska barista: A Q&A with Anchorage police on Vimeo[/ame]

After watching that video, IMO, it appears that Chris Bird may be a POI.

I doubt these two incidents are related since the victims are very different. Anchorage is just a very violent town these days. A couple months ago there were FOUR unrelated homicides here all in one weekend. I'm actually leaving Anchorage in the near future and this is part of the reason why.

Thanks for the info!!
icon7.gif

After watching that video, IMO, it appears that Chris Bird may be a POI.

Interesting, because someone close to CB is saying "they" are not allowed to talk to the police. Which leads me to believe CB is following the advice of an Attorney right now. That doesn't necessarily mean he is a POI, it could just mean that the Attorney wants to present during all conversations and advise whether or not to answer certain questions.

Seems to me a fair amount of effort would be put towards clearing CB. He naturally, given the filing of the RO, would be a POI. Is it reasonable to think APD/FBI could do this in a couple of days?

This is a speculative observation and if it needs to be deleted I understand. CB seems to be reaping the rewards of people's perception of him after watching the videos depicting the kind of life he leads on the internet. Innocent or guilty, he has tainted himself by posting things that he shouldn't on the internet. Things that people think are cool, cute or funny can certainly come back to bite them.

I'm still having trouble working out a couple of things. 1st is the RO that she was "to scared" to go through with. I don't know, but it seems like she has a very devoted and loving father that from outward appearances looks like he could pretty well protect her. I guess I'm just surprised that the person I see her father as seems to be the kind of father that would have pushed for CB to punished - or worse - or allegedly sexually assaulting his daughter. I know if that would have been me the guy would have needed to be in jail to avoid the worse fate of being dealt with by my father. I can't seem to reconcile the kind of father he appears to be how her being sexually assaulted was handled. I feel like there was some other reason - something that happened that scared her and her father. Something really bad.
The other thing I still haven't been able to figure out is that her boyfriend says he spoke to Samantha on his way to pick her up and that when he arrived that only a few minutes had passed since they had spoken, is that right? Or do I have that time frame off? If that is the way it went down then I'm wondering what exactly was going on that prevented her from stalling/fighting screaming and having to be drug away kicking and screaming, - and wouldn't that leave evidence in the snow that the boyfriend would have seen? If they had just spoken then she would have known that her boyfriend was going to be arriving literally any second. The fact that is seems that she didn't do any of that makes me afraid things were immediately very violent. I really feel like she was the target, specifically.

She spoke to her father earlier that evening on the phone. I don't recall it being reported that she spoke to her boyfriend on the phone prior to her going missing.

What I do recall is that the boyfriend was delayed at work so he didn't arrive until maybe a little later than usual and when he did arrive she was already gone.

Thanks for the info!!
icon7.gif

I watch the Alaskan State Police T.V. program and the place is getting quite violent. It is a frontier mentality up there I guess. Everyplace seems to have problems. Be glad you do not live on the Mexican Border, "yikes".

Well, if the objective is to retrieve a body and extract justice, hold the security tape. If the objective is to find and rescue this girl,......I can't believe the only evidence that will convict the kidnapper is the tape. It may well be a weak part of getting a conviction. On the other hand, the fact the family hasn't viewed the tape leads me to think family might conclude things differently than the police about who did the grabbing. If it were my daughter missing, Anchorage Police would need Seal Team Six to keep me away from that tape. So maybe I don't have main stream thinking. I couldn't allow my daughter to die to enable simplicity and policy for those unfettered by the outcome. Until family sees that tape not everything possible has been done to save this girl. We know what Dad has done, and I have confidence in what he is willing to do. The police have no such investment or concern of an outcome. Pay is the same either way. I've relied on my sense of recognition with my fellow Marines in battle zones. In the dark, I could conclude an identity by gait, posture, stride, stature. These cops are looking at someone on video they may have never laid eyes on before. A family member just might pick up on a trait, and I'm not thinking Dad, I'm thinking brother. Brother might be more apt to recognize something. Again, I don't have main stream thinking, and my motivation is for rescue, not recovery.
Good thinking "Marine", I agree! Semper Fi

This is a speculative observation and if it needs to be deleted I understand. CB seems to be reaping the rewards of people's perception of him after watching the videos depicting the kind of life he leads on the internet. Innocent or guilty, he has tainted himself by posting things that he shouldn't on the internet. Things that people think are cool, cute or funny can certainly come back to bite them.

This thought has crossed my mind ... Can you imagine how many people have viewed his video's because his name has been associated with this case? He could never pay for that kind of notoriety.

She spoke to her father earlier that evening on the phone. I don't recall it being reported that she spoke to her boyfriend on the phone prior to her going missing.

What I do recall is that the boyfriend was delayed at work so he didn't arrive until maybe a little later than usual and when he did arrive she was already gone.

Joe, he did speak to her:

"Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

“I had the only means of transportation for her and I got off work and went to go get her and she wasn’t there. It was a mess,” Koenig’s boyfriend Dwayne said."

http://articles.ktuu.com/2012-02-04/samantha_31028423

I'm still having trouble working out a couple of things. 1st is the RO that she was "to scared" to go through with. I don't know, but it seems like she has a very devoted and loving father that from outward appearances looks like he could pretty well protect her. I guess I'm just surprised that the person I see her father as seems to be the kind of father that would have pushed for CB to punished - or worse - or allegedly sexually assaulting his daughter. I know if that would have been me the guy would have needed to be in jail to avoid the worse fate of being dealt with by my father. I can't seem to reconcile the kind of father he appears to be how her being sexually assaulted was handled. I feel like there was some other reason - something that happened that scared her and her father. Something really bad.
The other thing I still haven't been able to figure out is that her boyfriend says he spoke to Samantha on his way to pick her up and that when he arrived that only a few minutes had passed since they had spoken, is that right? Or do I have that time frame off? If that is the way it went down then I'm wondering what exactly was going on that prevented her from stalling/fighting screaming and having to be drug away kicking and screaming, - and wouldn't that leave evidence in the snow that the boyfriend would have seen? If they had just spoken then she would have known that her boyfriend was going to be arriving literally any second. The fact that is seems that she didn't do any of that makes me afraid things were immediately very violent. I really feel like she was the target, specifically.

Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

You're correct, boyfriend has said from the beginning he spoke to her. I would imagine it was to tell her he was running late and on his way.

Teenage girls don't usually discuss things of a sexual nature with their Father's. In my mind there is a chance she did not tell him what happened or that she filed the order of protection. Then as you said, maybe Samantha knew what Sonny would want to do to CB, if he found out about the assault. She was scared her Father would end up in jail or worse, she did not want that to happen.

Just a few thoughts ...

Thanks so much for the video Joe Friday! I had read a transcript of it, but watching it is a completely different experience.

Joe, he did speak to her:

"Samantha's boyfriend Dwayne says he spoke with her just minutes before she was abducted and says "everything was fine." He was supposed to give her a ride home from work.

“I had the only means of transportation for her and I got off work and went to go get her and she wasn’t there. It was a mess,” Koenig’s boyfriend Dwayne said."

I know I am quoting myself but I wonder, if Dwayne said it was a mess, then why didn't he contact her father right away. Makes no sense to me.

I wonder how tall her boyfriend is......

John Bacon, a man who helped search for Koenig on Monday and said he was a private investigator and bounty hunter, now says he’s off the case.

After researching his past, KTVA has learned Bacon is a two-time convicted sex offender and was once publicly outed by a Florida television station for impersonating a psychologist.

Bacon told KTVA Wednesday he is heading to Virginia, and has passed off the case to another PI, but KTVA was unable to confirm that information, or for whom in Alaska Bacon was supposed to be working.

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-storie...nterfere-in-Search-for-Barista-139039064.html

I know I am quoting myself but I wonder, if Dwayne said it was a mess, then why didn't he contact her father right away. Makes no sense to me.

I wonder how tall her boyfriend is......

It's been unclear to me since the beginning if her father and Dwayne spoke that night or not. Her dad said he was concerned when she didn't come home that night, but was never mentioned if her not coming home was what initially worried him, or if Dwayne had called him and asked if Samantha was there since she wasn't at Common Grounds when he went to get her, and he was by his own account "her only means of transportation", hence causing her dad's concern.

John Bacon, a man who helped search for Koenig on Monday and said he was a private investigator and bounty hunter, now says he’s off the case.

After researching his past, KTVA has learned Bacon is a two-time convicted sex offender and was once publicly outed by a Florida television station for impersonating a psychologist.

Bacon told KTVA Wednesday he is heading to Virginia, and has passed off the case to another PI, but KTVA was unable to confirm that information, or for whom in Alaska Bacon was supposed to be working.

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-storie...nterfere-in-Search-for-Barista-139039064.html

:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member