AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always said I was keeping this siggy until Hailey was brought home. If this is Hailey, then I will continue to keep this siggy until JUSTICE is done. :rose:

Good for you, Kaydid!
It is dedicated people like you that helps keep these threads going!:seeya:

I also tend to believe that the contractor thing might be more of a cover/ hobby, like I believe GutFeeling brought up before. Maybe as a cover for something non legit.He probably wasn't making much money, especially when he's charging almost half of what contractors tend to get up here.

If he was making money as an informant/agent, that would explain the low costs of his services. He also may collect unemployment. Or, he could have some sort of veterans benefits, too?

I think i missed something I am not to sure why this has to be drug related?

was there a story, news clipping, saying these ppl were hooked to crack,meth, have connections with big drug dealers?

Or because there was a little pot smoked and maybe some coke at one time?

was there a story, news clipping, saying these ppl were hooked to crack,meth, have connections with big drug dealers?

There haven't been any stories about IK and drugs that I know of, only a DUI arrest.

Oh gosh...I wish I could remember where we read that she is his daughter!
IIRC...Originally it was reported that a young girl lived with them (MOW).
Then it was revealed that the girl is his daughter, but I can't remember where?
Sorry!

Hi NOCLUE- hope this helps-

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7699961&postcount=213"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AK AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5[/ame]

ConnectedSuitor
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2012

Jeez, Anchorage is a small town. A family member of mine knows someone who had Keyes do work on their house in 2010 or early 2011. He did such a great job that they passed his business card along to my family member. They said he cleaned up every night so you didn't even know he was there. These people are elderly and he was very kind to them. They called him a few months later to hire him for more work and he said he would have to get back to them because he was on vacation a sailboat in Puerto Rico with his daughter. These people had him install a wood stove and he told them he had just installed one for his girlfriend.

So, take that tidbit with a grain of salt, it's third hand info from elderly people.

This is interesting...the Keyes family name originates from old docks or quays. http://www.houseofnames.com/keyes-family-crest

This guy has lived on the ocean in a few places and is possibly experienced with boats.

bbm

From what I gather from the other posts, there was a lot of drug use with parties known to Sam. There is a lot of drug and alcohol use in areas that are isolated and snowed in during the winter. There are also other reasons why someone may be an informant or agent...illegal poaching, *advertiser censored*, human smuggling/traffic (huge exploitation of female indigenous population, huge...), firearms smuggling, bootlegging, etc. There could be many, many reasons...

In response to the question about where the "daughter" factoid was mentioned...it was in the same KTVA (KTUU) comment that the woman mentioned her daughter was house/dog sitting for them for 2 weeks starting Feb 2, I believe...

But didn't the car have Texas plates? That is what makes me think he didn't drive there. And he supposedly had his 10 yr old daughter with him. that is a long drive for a 10 yr old.

Texas plates & they didn't release who the car was registered to. It could be a rental or a family member's car...or a friend's. When was the warrant issued for IK? If it was issued before he left AK, then it would have been hard to board a plane. Things are alot more strict now since 9/11. I wonder... Could he have taken a charter to WA & caught a flight from there to TX

I like your take on him.
Struggling Joe Blow who took a not so legal risk with the wrong crowd.

But I still would LOVE to hear just how much he DOES know about Samantha's case.

It would be great if his place in the case does lead LE to her!

You know if he is your average person that was trying to cheat to get some quick money, I think he will help all he can. I just don't think he can help enough.

My thoughts: He had Samantha and his job was to keep her hidden until someone else was paid off. That would explain his disappearance from February 2 for two weeks. He got nervous when the time was supposed to be up and they wanted longer.
I think he may have dumped her and said this isn't worth it - nerves got the better of him and he wanted out.

When we make a poor decision it is normal to want to get out of the situation quickly and fix it. He may want to fix it by helping the cops, but if this is a much bigger thing he will have to be protected by the head honchos.

Sometimes I revert back to my kittens and roses and puppy breath world, where everyone is like me. I make mistakes but I fix them as soon as possible. (just mine don't include anything that illegal)

Texas plates & they didn't release who the car was registered to. It could be a rental or a family member's car...or a friend's. When was the warrant issued for IK? If it was issued before he left AK, then it would have been hard to board a plane. Things are alot more strict now since 9/11. I wonder... Could he have taken a charter to WA & caught a flight from there to TX

The warrant is sealed so we don't know.

He may have chartered a plane but that would have been risky also. We have many many private aircrafts in AK (i don't fly but most of my family are licensed pilots) I believe more than anywhere else in the US. Because there are so many, there is a lot of regulation, even on an itty bitty airstrip, you are likely to be questioned by the FAA. With drugs, etc. They watch things pretty closely. Not that its impossible. I personally think they let him leave, they said they know when he left, and if they didn't arrest him while he was here, I think they didn't have anything to hold him on or they wanted to see where he led them. I don't think he was trying to sneak out. IMO

I don't remember what article I read last night but they knew last night that the remains were of a 28 year old male. My heart nearly sank when they mentioned they had found a body so I started googling it and came across the article and they even mentioned his name at the time, but I don't remember the name. Its a shame you all had waited all day to find this out. If I hadn't been at work I would have said something before now.

It was noticed pretty quickly that article is an old article from last year.

It was noticed pretty quickly that article is an old article from last year.

You are right. I just checked the date now. My bad. I thought when I read the article it wasn't her but you are absolutely correct. Thank you!

Thank goodness its not her, though! Feel bad for whomever it is, of course, but relieved it wasn't SK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18