AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am constantly amazed at how involved I get ... I just felt myself breathe for the first time today :)

He has family from texas or in texas could have been a car that needed to go back or maybe he did some checking around for a good deal on a rent-a-car and found one that needed to go back to texas,

Maybe he carries extra set of out of state plates to Not stand out.

He is good at camouflaging himself it seems.

just thinking....

Its not uncommon for people to come up to Alaska with the thought this is the place to be then winter sets in or find it to be rather boring here and fly back home.

could have left the car here and IK was to drive it back or ship it..

I drove up to Alaska one time when i was 16 and my step mom was very rude to my gf so I went back to Washington without the truck i drove up in and when i had enough money i had my brother put it on the barge for me to Tacoma from anchorage

Hi Everyone…I’ve been following Samantha’s threads from the beginning, but this is my first post so bear with me. I just wanted to add that the threads for this case specifically are fantastic. Such great sleuthers and nice people. This case is just so puzzling! I feel as though it resembles a Choose Your Own Adventure book in the sense that there are so many different scenarios for every element of the case. Every potential mindset of Sam, every person directly or indirectly involved, every possible reason behind LE’s actions or lack thereof…there’s just so much to explore. If I had a giant chalkboard, I would start with all the possible events that could have taken place on the unseen video tape and map out all trails from each potential scene. Of course, though, just when you think you have a theory, so many more questions arise.

Hi Everyone…I’ve been following Samantha’s threads from the beginning, but this is my first post so bear with me. I just wanted to add that the threads for this case specifically are fantastic. Such great sleuthers and nice people. This case is just so puzzling! I feel as though it resembles a Choose Your Own Adventure book in the sense that there are so many different scenarios for every element of the case. Every potential mindset of Sam, every person directly or indirectly involved, every possible reason behind LE’s actions or lack thereof…there’s just so much to explore. If I had a giant chalkboard, I would start with all the possible events that could have taken place on the unseen video tape and map out all trails from each potential scene. Of course, though, just when you think you have a theory, so many more questions arise.

Very well said. :welcome::fireworks:

How do you know he is good at camoflaging himself?

I did say it "seems" he is good at camoflaging himself.

We are still not sure his military award is authentic.

It has been hard to gain past information regarding his background.

If he definitely is a perp..he has been flying under the radar, because it was a shock to learn about him connected to Samantha's disappearance.

And if this is his first, I said FIRST, felony, we haven't been able to discover any past major infractions, except a DUI, and that is fairly minor when comparing it to this case.

This is all JMO and MOO.

Welcome, JM867!

What a great way of describing Websleuths... Choose Your Own Adventure books!
:welcome4::welcome4::welcome4:

Please join us, and help us find Samantha!

I did say it "seems" he is good at camoflaging himself.

We are still not sure his military award is authentic.

It has been hard to gain past information regarding his background.

If he definitely is a perp..he has been flying under the radar, because it was a shock to learn about him connected to Samantha's disappearance.

And if this is his first, I said FIRST, felony, we haven't been able to discover any past major infractions, except a DUI, and that is fairly minor when comparing it to this case.

This is all JMO and MOO.

Sorry I forgot to say seems LOL

For now, I am thinking that his past is hard to find because most of us don't have a criminal past. I am not saying he is innocent here, just that I still imo (hate writing that, who elses opinion would it be? lol) think he was in an easy money situation.

His award on a website for his business is not going to be looked at or checked by anyone other than ma and pa that need a little work done, that may just have a soft spot for those that have served (like many people do) and he has thrown in a ficticious award.

If I copped a felony tomorrow you would probably find less on me than him. I am not sure where this felony ranks either, they haven't got him on murder or abducting charges, just theft over $1000, that has only just occurred (March 28 to Feb 13 from memory)

The DUI felony is only a felony because it happened on a base from what people have said here.

I am starting to think he is just like the average struggling Joe. He saw a chance to make some extra money quickly and took it, and like most inexperienced criminals he got caught.

I am also starting to think this was made a much bigger deal than it was by APD because (a) I think they are incompetent and (b) look at the folks that reply to these reports ... I saw a heap of "All you naysayers of APD go eat crow" comments.

His demeanor in his arrest didn't look anything more than a little frightened, he got busted, probably had a feeling he would - waived a bond hearing, agreed to go back to Alaska - deep down knowing he didn't have a lot to do with this - accessory at best.

There is just something about this guy that puts him on the struggle street list with so many other people.

He has something to do with all this without a doubt, but not as much as others. Moo

For now, I am thinking that his past is hard to find because most of us don't have a criminal past. I am not saying he is innocent here, just that I still imo (hate writing that, who elses opinion would it be? lol) think he was in an easy money situation.

His award on a website for his business is not going to be looked at or checked by anyone other than ma and pa that need a little work done, that may just have a soft spot for those that have served (like many people do) and he has thrown in a ficticious award.

If I copped a felony tomorrow you would probably find less on me than him. I am not sure where this felony ranks either, they haven't got him on murder or abducting charges, just theft over $1000, that has only just occurred (March 28 to Feb 13 from memory)

The DUI felony is only a felony because it happened on a base from what people have said here.

I am starting to think he is just like the average struggling Joe. He saw a chance to make some extra money quickly and took it, and like most inexperienced criminals he got caught.

I am also starting to think this was made a much bigger deal than it was by APD because (a) I think they are incompetent and (b) look at the folks that reply to these reports ... I saw a heap of "All you naysayers of APD go eat crow" comments.

His demeanor in his arrest didn't look anything more than a little frightened, he got busted, probably had a feeling he would - waived a bond hearing, agreed to go back to Alaska - deep down knowing he didn't have a lot to do with this - accessory at best.

There is just something about this guy that puts him on the struggle street list with so many other people.

He has something to do with all this without a doubt, but not as much as others. Moo

I agree with this whooole post.

So if the daughter is his and his girlfriends, do you think it's weird that they didn't buy the house together? Maybe he has bad credit.

Just speculating wildly!

Doesn't necessarily mean he has bad credit, he just started his business in 2007, if they've been at that address for a few years, he may not have had enough time in to prove sufficient income from his business, and depending on how much he claimed to make on his taxes. Even if you have outstanding credit, you still have to have proof of business income for years to get approved for a mortgage. Even though my husband made about ten times the amount of money I did, because I wasn't self employed, I would qualify for loans etc he couldnt, and his credit score was higher than mine! It's harder to prove what you make when your self employed, when your business is so new,probably the reason the house is in her name.

Has it been said the daughter was his? I just remember reading a young girl lived with them.

I also tend to believe that the contractor thing might be more of a cover/ hobby, like I believe GutFeeling brought up before. Maybe as a cover for something non legit.He probably wasn't making much money, especially when he's charging almost half of what contractors tend to get up here.

"Every day that they don't find something is a good day for me. "..

Above BBM is your longtime siggy .. a direct quote from none other than Billie Jean Dunn.. the mother extraordinaire to our precious Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Kate, I'm certain I'm not the first to mention this but it certainly appears as tho as of yesterday, Tuesday, March 20th that Billie Jean's *good days* will have come to an end! :devil:

Above BBM is your longtime siggy .. a direct quote from none other than Billie Jean Dunn.. the mother extraordinaire to our precious Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Kate, I'm certain I'm not the first to mention this but it certainly appears as tho as of yesterday, Tuesday, March 20th that Billie Jean's *good days* will have come to an end! :devil:

I always said I was keeping this siggy until Hailey was brought home. If this is Hailey, then I will continue to keep this siggy until JUSTICE is done. :rose:

I like your take on him.
Struggling Joe Blow who took a not so legal risk with the wrong crowd.

But I still would LOVE to hear just how much he DOES know about Samantha's case.

It would be great if his place in the case does lead LE to her!

Has it been said the daughter was his? I just remember reading a young girl lived with them.
Oh gosh...I wish I could remember where we read that she is his daughter!
IIRC...Originally it was reported that a young girl lived with them (MOW).
Then it was revealed that the girl is his daughter, but I can't remember where?
Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member