AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Keyes is talking. We need to find Samantha. Prayers for her safe return. And prayers for the family of the person they found yesterday.

I just don't see it This guy is getting way to much credit I mean you gotta be pretty dumb to have evidence in your car or using a card all the way across the states..

I just don't see it.. Ok lets say he's in with others for drugs or ransom they would have ratted him out to benefit themselves and if he thought oh there getting to close gotta ditch her I don't see making it worst and adding murder on to the top of it..

I'm sorry none of it makes any sense at all.

If she was a runaway by now she would have seen the pain in her dads eyes and would have contacted him or someone, By what people say I don't think she was so addicted to drugs that she didn't care about her family,She does not look like wanna those ppl when you look at the photo you think crack head.

If IK was so involved with drugs You would think he would have a criminal record from burglary to possession and that's not seen.

I think he is a guy that thought because he didn't have a criminal record thought he could get away with all of this waived he's rights in Texas because he would be sentenced to death..

Even tho this makes sense to me I hope none of it is true!! :please:

I didn't notice before that this newscaster calls it a multi state manhunt. I guess you could call any arrest made with a federal warrant a multi state manhunt.

Is that a cellphone he is wearing on his belt?

http://www.ktre.com/story/17148604/suspected-kidnapper-arrested-following-dps-traffic-stop-in-lufkin

I see a snapped case on his belt. LE searches it, then removes it(?), it looks like.
I don't know what it is...but it looks to be the size of a cell phone case.

I just do not see the big conspiracy/gang/group at work here...I see the usual thing that happens when a young girl/woman goes missing...one sick perp, stalks and takes her for sexual purposes and then unsually disposes of her, especially if she is old enough to be a witness. I think this is what this case is about, JMO.

I see a snapped case on his belt. LE searches it, then removes it(?), it looks like.
I don't know what it is...but it looks to be the size of a cell phone case.

watch the video when they are getting ready to check hes feet they lift the flap and then you see it looks like a blue and sliver flip phone thinking Nokia or one of the other 100 brands out there,

I just do not see the big conspiracy/gang/group at work here...I see the usual thing that happens when a young girl/woman goes missing...one sick perp, stalks and takes her for sexual purposes and then unsually disposes of her, especially if she is old enough to be a witness. I think this is what this case is about, JMO.

I completely agree. Following Occam's razor, it is the simplest explanation. The cast of characters involved makes it easy to follow red herrings but I truly think these "drug dealers" are small potatoes.

I wonder if they are using the federal access device charges as leverage since there is a federal death penalty charge, which is what happened with Joshua Wade. JMO

The death penalty thing is a good point. Can't the feds take the case and still seek the death penalty? I thought that's what they did with Joshua wade? Could be wrong, but if anyone can tell me, i'd appreciate it!

I just don't see it This guy is getting way to much credit I mean you gotta be pretty dumb to have evidence in your car or using a card all the way across the states..

I just don't see it.. Ok lets say he's in with others for drugs or ransom they would have ratted him out to benefit themselves and if he thought oh there getting to close gotta ditch her I don't see making it worst and adding murder on to the top of it..

I'm sorry none of it makes any sense at all.

If she was a runaway by now she would have seen the pain in her dads eyes and would have contacted him or someone, By what people say I don't think she was so addicted to drugs that she didn't care about her family,She does not look like wanna those ppl when you look at the photo you think crack head.

If IK was so involved with drugs You would think he would have a criminal record from burglary to possession and that's not seen.

I think he is a guy that thought because he didn't have a criminal record thought he could get away with all of this waived he's rights in Texas because he would be sentenced to death..

Even tho this makes sense to me I hope none of it is true!! :please:

I don't think IK was into drugs. I think he was in to easy money.

if she was a runaway she needs more help for this lil attention seeking headline than any of us can give her (but I don't think she is)

Do you think he murdered her? I don't think that either, as you said, he doesn't have that wonderful record or history that murderers usually come with.

He is just the little man. moo :moo:

The death penalty thing is a good point. Can't the feds take the case and still seek the death penalty? I thought that's what they did with Joshua wade? Could be wrong, but if anyone can tell me, i'd appreciate it!

I think you are right, there was talk of that during Casey Anthony's (spits) courtcase.

No one could appeal it except the feds - there was a name they used. I burnt my CA book or I could have told you .

@GutFeeling, I literally had to make the spit sound when I read that!

He just doesn't feel like a murderer to me. IK seems like a peripheral figure. I am probably wrong, but he just doesn't seem like it. Does someone just kill a young girl like this after having no criminal violent history to speak of before?

Speaking of Gut Feelings.. I just don't think IK harmed her. Maybe took her for some reason but I don't believe it was personal and I think it was only for the money. I think he was a delivery man.

He just doesn't feel like a murderer to me. IK seems like a peripheral figure. I am probably wrong, but he just doesn't seem like it. Does someone just kill a young girl like this after having no criminal violent history to speak of before?

Katy, I think we had the same thought at the same time! :D I'm glad I'm not alone..

Sure, lots of times...if they have never been caught, I imagine. There are so many unsolved crimes, some of them have probably been committed by people living perfectly normal lives. There was the Bikepath Rapist in the East (upstate NY?) for one. He had a normal life, wife, kids, etc...good job. And he raped women, and eventually murdered one of them. I'm sure there are others we don't know about, and they all start someplace.

Sure, this case could be some weird, complicated intrigue, involving all kinds of shady doings and dealings, but it is much simpler to think of it as a kidnapping for seual assault, probably gone bad. I am not saying that is my preference by any means...JMO

Sure, lots of times...if they have never been caught, I imagine. There are so many unsolved crimes, some of them have probably been committed by people living perfectly normal lives. There was the Bikepath Rapist in the East (upstate NY?) for one. He had a normal life, wife, kids, etc...good job. And he raped women, and eventually murdered one of them. I'm sure there are others we don't know about, and they all start someplace.

Sure, this case could be some weird, complicated intrigue, involving all kinds of shady doings and dealings, but it is much simpler to think of it as a kidnapping for seual assault, probably gone bad. I am not saying that is my preference by any means...JMO

That is true. He may have been to slick to be caught. But if he did in fact keep things from the crime with him in his car all the way to Texas, then he is not that smart. Especially if he used some of her credit cards. imo

The problem with the idea that IK acted alone and took her for sexual reasons is, why would he have been so brazen?

To abduct her from a coffee cart in a parking lot with an athletic club right nearby, and a busy street right there...yes the snow berms were high and it was snowing and dark, but still.

And she isn't the kind of victim who won't be missed.

Don't these guys usually go after women who are easy to pick up and won't be missed? Prostitutes, the homeless, and the like?

This doesn't seem like a crime of opportunity.

That is true. He may have been to slick to be caught. But if he did in fact keep things from the crime with him in his car all the way to Texas, then he is not that smart. Especially if he used some of her credit cards. imo

This almost makes him sound like a first-timer to me...like he did not really plan out the parts that come "after", even if he had planned and dreamed about the crime. If it is him, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153