AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I agree. I think that it might have been wise either to have waited to announce he'd been arrested until after his extradition or to state that they had evidence sufficient enough to call him a POI. As it is, they can't label him a suspect/POI and so everyone is just left to speculate about his involvement because they're not sharing any real information. If he indeed played no role in SK's disappearance, they're doing him an enormous disservice here, and as you say, his life will be ruined.

(Note that I don't wish to sound as though I'm defending IK at SK's expense. I just don't know what evidence they have to definitively connect him to her abduction.)

They have called him a POI due to evidence in the car. The reason they are waiting on extradition is due to safety concerns. You have seen how the Koenigs have re-acted - even they seem to be calmer now.

OK, I admit I have not been in this thread much recently. I am mostly following Hailey Dunn developments. So what is going on with IK? Is he now NOT a suspect anymore? Are they backing off him? I am confused.

Lol, they said he is not a suspect at this time, but he might be suspect. So who knows...I think he is, but they are not ready to announce it until they formalize the whole thing...

OK, I admit I have not been in this thread much recently. I am mostly following Hailey Dunn developments. So what is going on with IK? Is he now NOT a suspect anymore? Are they backing off him? I am confused.

they are playing their usual riddle games, and the media are not asking the questions to balance that. He is a person of interest. There was a story about the differences between POI and Suspect and they spoke to APD - who, as usual said nothing but a lot of riddles lol And, as always, us sleuths read it all and each of us took something different away from it.

One thing is .... I can not find him listed in any jail - anywhere. I was hoping to be able to see him one place and then another and know where he was (like Casey <spits> Anothony). Texas will never be like Florida when it comes to open book law but it is strange he is not listed anywhere.

They have called him a POI due to evidence in the car. The reason they are waiting on extradition is due to safety concerns. You have seen how the Koenigs have re-acted - even they seem to be calmer now.

Thanks for clarifying. It just seems like they're backing off now, which I guess could be some kind of strategic maneuver. I just don't know that it was smart to publicly name him as the POI. As the KTVA article says, he's now the perpetrator in the eyes of the public (and probably in the eyes of the Koenig family), even though they only have him on the access device charges.

I'm not sure that I'm expressing myself well here, but anyway...

Wow. I'm trying to think this one through. Sounds like the man knew about his card being missing right away. Why was it not cancelled? Did the cops suspect then that it was tied to Samantha's disappearance, and they hoped to track the suspect using it?

I wonder if they keep the account "open" to lure the suspect to use the card and track them down?

ok, this is possibly totally out of left field, but could the card have been stolen from Samantha's father? She might have known the PIN...

ok, this is possibly totally out of left field, but could the card have been stolen from Samantha's father? She might have known the PIN...
Wow, I hope not.

I'm shocked there's so much detail in that article. Except for the most important part, of course...the connection (if any) to Sam.

Well the majority of us were right ... he didn't have Sam's card. Now how the HELL do you get a PIN number? If it was written on the card he got damn lucky, cause not even Grandmas do that now lol

Wow, I hope not.

I'm shocked there's so much detail in that article. Except for the most important part, of course...the connection (if any) to Sam.

I think what they are saying the connection is is the CCTV footage that showed a man "significantly taller than Samantha" - IK is 6'2" (they either got the 6 ' wrong the other day or things really ARE bigger in Texas - cause he is still growing.)

the man seen going through the car and who took the card was wearing similar or the same clothes as in the footage.

Now the problem is ..... when I was in Alaska I saw more hoodies and caps and masks than I had ever seen in any other state ... seemed like a uniform up there, along with thermal underwear and puffy jackets lol.

Fur trimmed coats for the ladies was a must ;)

I have to admit that I thought LucyOso was onto something with the undercover agent theory. Heck, maybe it could still work.

Except the recent article indicated that IK was not as "nonchalant" as earlier reports stated or videos showed.

And rubber-banded rolls of cash on the floorboard of the car? Really? Wow. That's pretty brazen (if not extremely careless).

I think what they are saying the connection is is the CCTV footage that showed a man "significantly taller than Samantha" - IK is 6'2" (they either got the 6 ' wrong the other day or things really ARE bigger in Texas - cause he is still growing.)

the man seen going through the car and who took the card was wearing similar or the same clothes as in the footage.

Now the problem is ..... when I was in Alaska I saw more hoodies and caps and masks than I had ever seen in any other state ... seemed like a uniform up there, along with thermal underwear and puffy jackets lol.

Fur trimmed coats for the ladies was a must ;)
However if the man in the footage was wearing a mask made from a cut up t shirt...

Wow, what a strange twist. My first thought after reading the ADN story was, Keyes is an idiot! Why would he continue to withdraw money with a stolen ATM card? That makes absolutely no sense.

At 3 a.m. on Feb. 2, a man described as "Person A" in the affidavit reported seeing an unknown man wearing a ski mask and dark clothes going through his vehicle, the affidavit says. The alleged robbery victim said his Credit Union 1 debit card was missing afterward and that he had not given it to anyone or given anyone permission to use it. Person A's gender is described as male in the FBI agent's affidavit.
Why are they saying person A is an "alleged" robbery victim?

What the heck?

I still think IK may have been getting his daughter to family in TX...

After all the discussion about Canada/etc...how did IK get from AK to the U.S.?

I wonder where IK's g/f was, in between Sam's disappearance and g/f's return to the AK blue house...

Okay, so he is stupid enough. I think it is him and only him, as I have thought all along. Samantha was a "bonus" perhaps, during his mad dash to ATM's across the country, or perhaps as as result of what he did to Sam, he needed money fast and kinda lost it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay