AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a stolen debit card found on Keyes was used in Anchorage hours after Koenig's disappearance to illegally withdraw $2,440 through several transactions from an unnamed man's bank account.

This has got to be James' card. It all makes sense now, the push for a reward and fundraisers.

Keyes abducted Sam in a robbery. She directs him to her house, he gets JK's card and she tells him the pin number. He has been making withdrawals since.

Do coffee huts have one of those keypads to use for debit cards? Like the ones that are wired and they hand them to you?

This has got to be James' card. It all makes sense now, the push for a reward and fundraisers.

Keyes abducted Sam in a robbery. She directs him to her house, he gets JK's card and she tells him the pin number. He has been making withdrawals since.

I could see that. Because otherwise, why was this man with the stolen card sitting by and letting someone take 4 to 5 hundred bucks a day out of his account? And if someone was using my ATM across the country taking chunks of cash out, my bank would shut it down and contact me and check it out. It has happened too. lol

The article says he is 6'2"---i.e., significantly taller than the 5'5" Samantha.

It also says "In the trunk, officers found a gray, hooded sweatshirt, glasses and a piece of gray T-shirt cut to make a face mask and other clothing that matched those worn during the withdrawals in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas."

I would bet just about anything that this is what the person wore to "obscure" their identity in the video of Samantha's abduction.

Wow! I think you might be right.
I live right near Wilcox, where IK made a withdrawal! Wow!

So he went from AK, to the lower 48, and then back to AK, and back to Texas? From Feb 2-March 13? What the heck was he doing, and what evidence would he have kept from Sam? Unless the card is JK's...

If person A was robbed Feb 2 at 3 am, that is the wee early morning after no one had heard from SK, so if it was JK he called the police about the robbery, and didn't mention SK being missing...doesn't make sense...even if he just called and talked to LE about his card, you'd think he might mention Samantha. My first thought was JK's card, but I don't understand why he'd report the card missing and not his daughter. If he saw the guy, you'd think he'd report it stolen to the cc company before he even realized that SK was kidnapped. Doesn't seem to make any sense...

I still think IK may have been getting his daughter to family in TX...

After all the discussion about Canada/etc...how did IK get from AK to the U.S.?

I wonder where IK's g/f was, in between Sam's disappearance and g/f's return to the AK blue house...

It says he flew to nevada .... then he has driven along I10 to Texas.

If person A was robbed Feb 2 at 3 am, that is the wee early morning after boomed had heard from SK, so if it was JK he called the police about the robbery, and didn't mention SK being missing...doesn't make sense...even if he just called and talked to LE about his card, you'd think he might mention Samantha. My first thought was JK's card, but I don't understand why he'd report the card missing and not his daughter. If he saw the guy, you'd think he'd report it stolen to the cc company before he even realized that SK was kidnapped. Doesn't seem to make any sense...

The "robbery" was using the ATM card on Feb. 2nd AFTER Sam was kidnapped.

I would think the first thing someone would do is report the card stolen, at least to the cc company. Even if they later connected it to SK and reinstated it, the their would have most likely tried to use it in the several hours in between, figured it had been reported and ditched the card. Unless it was never reported as stolen, which is just weird.

Wow! I think you might be right.
I live right near Wilcox, where IK made a withdrawal! Wow!

So he went from AK, to the lower 48, and then back to AK, and back to Texas ? From Feb 2-March 13? What the heck was he doing, and what evidence would he have kept from Sam? Unless the card is JK's...

I did the bold bits. Where are you getting he went back to Alaska? Did I miss something?

I still think IK may have been getting his daughter to family in TX...

After all the discussion about Canada/etc...how did IK get from AK to the U.S.?

I wonder where IK's g/f was, in between Sam's disappearance and g/f's return to the AK blue house...

The article said he flew to las Vegas.

The "robbery" was using the ATM card on Feb. 2nd AFTER Sam was kidnapped.

IMOW it said the man's vehicle was gone through at 3am and his card was missing. That is before SK was reported being kidnapped.

Rolls of cash on the floorboard of his car and he's trying to make withdraws from an ATM?

LE said items in his car led them to believe he kidnapped Samantha. Here's a list of what they found. Which one led them to connect him to Samantha?:

"There were rolls of rubber-banded cash on the floorboard of the car and maps with highlighted routes from north to south through California and highlighted areas in Arizona and New Mexico. In the trunk, officers found a gray, hooded sweatshirt, glasses and a piece of gray T-shirt cut to make a face mask and other clothing that matched those worn during the withdrawals in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The stolen debit card was found on Keyes, according to the affidavit."

Call me dumb, I not seeing the connection. He's a credit card thief using a disguise. He has a map with directions to Texas. Tell me how this leads to Samantha. Unless the card he was using is connected to CGE.

Reading the comments at this link, I see I'm not the only only one saying huh.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/22/2386033/details-emerge-about-koenig-case.html#storylink=cpy

IMOW it said the man's vehicle was gone through at 3am and his card was missing. That is before SK was reported being kidnapped.

But she was kidnapped around 8 pm on Feb. 1st. I never said the stolen card belonged to JK. Don't know who the robbery victim is. Seems like the disguise resembles the one found in IK vehicle in Tx.

If person A was robbed Feb 2 at 3 am, that is the wee early morning after no one had heard from SK, so if it was JK he called the police about the robbery, and didn't mention SK being missing...doesn't make sense...even if he just called and talked to LE about his card, you'd think he might mention Samantha. My first thought was JK's card, but I don't understand why he'd report the card missing and not his daughter. If he saw the guy, you'd think he'd report it stolen to the cc company before he even realized that SK was kidnapped. Doesn't seem to make any sense...

Hmmm..unless the stolen $3000 was real and he somehow thought she could be complicit in the robbery? I know this is stretching it, but....drugs...relapse? I don't know. Connecting the dots in this case is tough. Every time I think this cannot get weirder...it does (and I have said this three times now!)

Hmmm..unless the stolen $3000 was real and he somehow thought she could be complicit in the robbery? I know this is stretching it, but....drugs...relapse? I don't know. Connecting the dots in this case is tough. Every time I think this cannot get weirder...it does (and I have said this three times now!)

I thought that, too, but I would think he'd be upset she hadn't called, etc. And that he'd still report it, so his account wouldn't be drained.....I just don't get it! You're absolutely right, it just gets more and more weird..

They say the details from the affidavit were made public. Can anyone access that affidavit through Pacer or otherwise?

Whoever the cops are referring to in the affidavit is being protected, and the DA's office or Attorney General or whoever signed the affidavit understands why they are being protected. Affidavits always come with names - even of kids that have been abused and all the others the media protects .... very odd (again lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs