AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with whoever mentioned that often people don't consider weed when saying they're "clean."

I was curious, does anyone remember from the reports if she was still driving for CB or if that was in the past and had ended with the allegations?

I thought JK AND MP stated she was driving to earn extra money for gas & such. To me I took that to mean she was still driving. JK said MP wasn't to be believed (in so many words) but at least some of what MP said has to be true bc JK himself confirmed some of the same info.

And I want to add that perhaps IK assumed that it was safe to use the card and thought LE would think the same thing. (Sam had just ran away and she was the one using it)

I honestly believe that Daddy or LE put money in her bank account because they saw the card being used and assumed it was Sam using it and she had run away, but perhaps IK booked a flight with the card and they were able to trace it to him that way?
It's possible he was given or found the card, but I find it very hard to believe that anyone living in Anchorage hasn't heard about Samantha. Her name would obviously be on the card.

Good idea sleuth. Kinda makes ya wonder...

Not to be rude, so please don't take this out of context, but he looks older than 34. Again - he is really who he says he is? Gosh I'm driving myself nuts trying to dig up info on him.

Like, is Israel his birth name, middle name but he uses it more? Ugggh...

When will the ice start to thaw in AK?

It normally happens around the end of April

http://www.alaskascenes.com/spring.html

Spring, like fall, is one of Alaska's shorter seasons. Its length depends on what part of the state you're in; in Anchorage, it often begins in late April when the first carefully nurtured crocuses appear and ends in early June when the lilacs bloom.

For many years, it has held the Nenana Ice Classic, which awards a cash prize to the person (or, sometimes, group) who most closely guesses the time when the ice will go out on the Tanana River. That moment comes when a tripod on the river ice moves enough so that a line attached to it stops a clock on shore. That usually happens in late April or early May.

http://www.nenanaakiceclassic.com/

Remember that Craig's List comment I posted in the first thread? The one where that lady thanked the 2 guys that had stones/rocks/gravel - or something - in the back of their white pickup and they looked stuck but had shovels and helped HER get unstuck so she could get up the road to her house? When she came back down to help them get unstuck, to return the favor so to speak, she found them gone? So basically she wanted to thank them for helping her?

Well - wonder if he owns a white truck like the one shown in his pictures and if so if he could be 1 of the guys that helped unstick that lady?

Not to be rude, so please don't take this out of context, but he looks older than 34. Again - he is really who he says he is? Gosh I'm driving myself nuts trying to dig up info on him.

I totally agree. I think he looks much older. I found myself looking at myself in the mirror and thinking...am I completely in denial?? :p

I totally agree. I think he looks much older. I found myself looking at myself in the mirror and thinking...am I completely in denial?? :p

As I am the age of IK and most my friends are .... he does look a lot older then 34. BUT that's not to say he hasn't just had a hard life, has grey'ed earlier then some of us, etc.

When will the ice start to thaw in AK?

I think it depends. Usually in May the lake isn't frozen over anymore, but there are chunks here and there.

I read an article recently about all the snow in Anchorage and they said the dump sites likely will not completely melt before next winter.

Could he be Canadian born? It seems odd to me that he and family (besides who may be in Texas) are living and have lived very close to the Canadian borders.

Could he be Canadian born? It seems odd to me that he and family (besides who may be in Texas) are living and have lived very close to the Canadian borders.

I think it's interesting he's lived near so many boarders..but I don't necessarily think it means he's Canadian born (although he could be I really have no clue.) I moved near the Canadian boarder recently and honestly, a majority of the people around haven't even been to Canada. And it's literally..right there.

Has anyone seen a birth record?

Remember that Craig's List comment I posted in the first thread? The one where that lady thanked the 2 guys that had stones/rocks/gravel - or something - in the back of their white pickup and they looked stuck but had shovels and helped HER get unstuck so she could get up the road to her house? When she came back down to help them get unstuck, to return the favor so to speak, she found them gone? So basically she wanted to thank them for helping her?

Well - wonder if he owns a white truck like the one shown in his pictures and if so if he could be 1 of the guys that helped unstick that lady?

Can't say if he owns the truck but here is an article with a picture of the house and a white truck in the driveway...

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/03/16/2070579/man-arrested-in-koenig-case-awaits.html

I honestly believe that Daddy or LE put money in her bank account because they saw the card being used and assumed it was Sam using it and she had run away, but perhaps IK booked a flight with the card and they were able to trace it to him that way?
It's possible he was given or found the card, but I find it very hard to believe that anyone living in Anchorage hasn't heard about Samantha. Her name would obviously be on the card.

I understand someone putting money in her account, but if police thought for a minute this was a runaway they would have immediately dropped the huge number of cops working it from all the different units.

IK has actually been portraying himself as much younger than 34. One of the news articles referred to a marathon he had run in 2006. So I went to a results site to look it up. In that race , he self-described as 25 yrs old. The other races he ran that year list him as 20 yrs old per info he would have given them when he signed up. If you run in a younger age group, it's harder to win an age group division award so NOBODY does that. UNLESS maybe he's trying to appeal to younger women.

Here's the link with the 2006 races:http://athlinks.com/searchbeta.aspx?term=israel+keyes (when the site opens, scroll down)

North Olympic Discovery Marathon & Half Marathon 2006 25 WA 6/11
Sequim Run Off 10K/2 Mile 20 WA 5/06
Robin Hill Run 10K/5K 20 WA 4/08
Lincoln Park Run 20 WA 3/11

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered - I haven't had a chance to catch up on the threads since last Wednesday. (I know - too long!)

I am wondering about something that LE said. IIRC Early last week they said that they believe that Samantha is alive. Then, at the end of the week, they arrest this guy IK. How long were they watching him? Were they zooming in on him when they made the comment that they believe that Samantha is alive?

There's also the possibility of it being SK's dad's or boyfriend's card that was used (if that's what this access device fraud is). Since she lived at home maybe she carried a card in one of their names.

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered - I haven't had a chance to catch up on the threads since last Wednesday. (I know - too long!)

I am wondering about something that LE said. IIRC Early last week they said that they believe that Samantha is alive. Then, at the end of the week, they arrest this guy IK. How long were they watching him? Were they zooming in on him when they made the comment that they believe that Samantha is alive?

There is some thought that LE may have thought she was alive if her card was, or had been, being used, and that maybe she was still in the company of this guy, once they knew who he was, but then they found him, and she wasn't...so talk of her being alive kind of came to a halt, as far as I can tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag