Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
does anyone know when the monster's next court appearance is?

I don't think so. I think it is on hold pending going in front of a grand jury. See post #578 above by Oviedo. I could not read the article but the headline pretty much sums it up.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I have this wrong as I may be.

I can't see this without subscribing. Thank you for it though--I take it it says something about it being several months?

Some people think grand juries quicken things; I feel the opposite. Preliminary hearings are often within a month or so after arrest, when a grand jury is involved, to me it seems to take forever.

I have no opinion of what is better, but one seems to take much longer than the other. I am following several cases where that is the hold up.

Jmo.

snipped:
Attorneys in the case await forensic evidence analysis
April 15th, 2019 by Ben Benton in Local Regional News Copyright 2019

It could be months before a capital murder charge against an Alabama man accused of killing an 11-year-old girl last month is presented to a grand jury.

Christopher Wayne Madison, 33, is jailed in the death of Amberly Alexis Barnett, a next-door neighbor who went missing from her aunt's house where she lived on March 1. Her body was found the next day in an area behind Madison's home in DeKalb County. That day, Madison was booked on capital murder charges, jail records show. He also was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.

It goes on to say some of the evidence collected at the house. I am curious what the definition of "months" is - this is dated April - 6 months will be October. Seems like a long time to wait IMO.

I can't see this without subscribing. Thank you for it though--I take it it says something about it being several months?

Some people think grand juries quicken things; I feel the opposite. Preliminary hearings are often within a month or so after arrest, when a grand jury is involved, to me it seems to take forever.

I have no opinion of what is better, but one seems to take much longer than the other. I am following several cases where that is the hold up.

Jmo.

The schedule of Grand Juries meeting to review cases varies a lot from county to county. That's one thing that hangs things up. From what little I have observed, smaller population counties meet less often than more populated areas -- makes sense, in a way.

The schedule of Grand Juries meeting to review cases varies a lot from county to county. That's one thing that hangs things up. From what little I have observed, smaller population counties meet less often than more populated areas -- makes sense, in a way.
That's what I've seen too! I tried to get the GJ schedule for Dekalb county and had no luck. I did see an article about a different case where a man was indicted by the GJ in June however but it wasn't a capital case.

Perhaps the DA wants the strongest probable cause before presenting? I do think it's good to go to a GJ beforehand since the jurors often reflect what trial jurors will do - kind of like a preview I guess. I really want to see an indictment so I'll do my best to be patient. :oops:

It does make sense and from what I have seen state to state varies too. I live where they are not used at all except of course if it is a federal type of case.

That's what I've seen too! I tried to get the GJ schedule for Dekalb county and had no luck. I did see an article about a different case where a man was indicted by the GJ in June however but it wasn't a capital case.

Perhaps the DA wants the strongest probable cause before presenting? I do think it's good to go to a GJ beforehand since the jurors often reflect what trial jurors will do - kind of like a preview I guess. I really want to see an indictment so I'll do my best to be patient. :oops:

That is a plus that it shows you what jurors think at least as far as enough to indict.

I don't think this case should have any issue with an indictment, I think they have a ton of evidence. She was found so quickly near home and he had little time to commit the crime and cover up if I recall correctly and was the only one around.

It sure is taking some time though.

Jmo.

IIRC....he said that while he was doing home repairs (I think) he had seen a strange car/(unknown to him) that had pulled into the other (Amberly’s) home. He was hoping LE would believe SODDI, basically misdirection so LE wouldn’t look at him. Didn’t work lol.

I hope I got that right...it’s been a long time.....

SO ... I may have over looked it, but what was the cause at looking in his direction in the first place, minus the fact she was found behind his home?
In addition to what Blondie had said, he basically inserted himself into the search immediately and IIRC had told LE/family that he had already searched behind the house and it was all clear.

SO ... I may have over looked it, but what was the cause at looking in his direction in the first place, minus the fact she was found behind his home?

To add to what @Blondie in Spokane and @Hraefn said, IIRC they found a dark hair on Amberly's stomach. I'm guessing they have DNA evidence-- his DNA on her. He also has a history of domestic violence so it wasn't too much of a leap for LE to look in his direction when he was found to be lying about the strange vehicle. MOO.

I think the only thing that was new about Amberly was this little blurb:

"This week, K-9 officers are visiting campuses to familiarize students with what they do to keep them safe. They've also named a K-9 specializing in searching for people "Alex" after Amberly. Her middle name was "Alexis."

"It's devastating. It's heart-wrenching. It's something you just don't get over the next day. It's something you have to push forward and work to make something positive come from it," said Welden."

DeKalb County sheriff remembers county's own tragedy in wake of Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's death

I think the only thing that was new about Amberly was this little blurb:

"This week, K-9 officers are visiting campuses to familiarize students with what they do to keep them safe. They've also named a K-9 specializing in searching for people "Alex" after Amberly. Her middle name was "Alexis."

"It's devastating. It's heart-wrenching. It's something you just don't get over the next day. It's something you have to push forward and work to make something positive come from it," said Welden."

DeKalb County sheriff remembers county's own tragedy in wake of Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's death
But still no grand jury? At least he sits in jail but come one DeKalb.
JMO

Trying to remember, how long had Amberly been living there? She lived with her mom and brother, there was a house fire - what it after that? The brother was with the grandfather, why wasn’t the mom staying with either one? Its confusing. I’m hoping for news about the grand jury is soon, justice for Amberly is slow moving. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back