Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a sad case. I’m sure that small community must be in shock and overcome with grief.

And FEAR, considering an arrest has not been announced, moo. They must be so scared for their kids, etc.

I imagine another delay in LE talking now could be wanting to have their mobilization of community resources and implementation of support systems in place at her school, etc, perhaps therapy dogs for teachers and classmates, grief counselors, support hotlines, etc. This is going to be really hard for her teachers and classmates.

Last edited:
And FEAR, considering an arrest has not been announced, moo.

I imagine another delay in LE talking could be mobilization of resources needed which will be support system in her school, perhaps therapy dogs for teachers and classmates, grief conunselirs, support hotlines
Which will take some time since this is a rural area, although they have had the weekend. So awfully tragic.

The news of Amberly’s death has made the front page of CNN (nothing new in article):

Body of missing Alabama girl found - CNN Video

“The girl's mother, Jonie L. Barnett, said on Facebook that Amberly went missing from her aunt's home while the aunt was at the store and the aunt's brother-in-law worked on a nearby house, the Facebook page said.

Amberly left her phone behind, which was unusual because "my baby takes it everywhere," she said.
"Nothing in her phone indicated she was planning to leave!," Jonie Barnett said on Facebook.“

All I recall re this iirc is that searches mentioned Cherokee County and extending into parts of Georgia (paraphrasing).

It wouldn’t be uncommon for a body to be dumped over the County Line or State Line.

How far is the county line and Georgia state line from her aunt’s house?

—-

They must be operating on all secure channels. Like I said even the Daily Mail and sleazy Radar Online haven’t published anything yet.

I just heard about this case today. So incredibly sad. From what I have read, it sounds like her mother was going through some hard times. No mention of the father. I saw the Instagram photos and I wondered about those. She seems a little young to have an Instagram page (two of them). She wears a lot of make up in her photos so, to me, she appears a little older. Strange that LE has not released any other information. No suspects? Her life was cut way too short. RIP Amberly.

I’ve found about 6 Instagram accounts she had over the last year or so... so many for such a young kid.

I wonder what precipitated the move? Someone knew she was alone. I just don’t see a random green van slowly driving up and down that county road. And she most likely was inside with her siblings watching them with adults not around.
I know, but. I'll have to find a link first. I have no way how to find it! ....looking
Moo

The family of Amberly Lee Barnett have just become members of a group that they never ever wanted to join. The loss of a child is the most awful pain. There is no closure. There is no peace. Only heartache. This quote comes to mind...”we hurt so much because we love so much”.

It is my hope that memories of ALB will help carry the family through this most tragic time.

Fly High precious girl.

Amberly was also on Snapchat. I do not have the app so I can't link to her account.

I can see where being separated from her friends at former school may have drawn her more to social media to keep in touch.

Last edited:
I am curious who reported the SUV. As someone mentioned in an early post, that could be a diversion/red herring if it were a neighbor or someone else in the area that actually perpetrated the crime. JMO

Last edited:
I am curious who reported the SUV. As someone mentioned in an early post, that could be a diversion/red herring if it were a neighbor or someone else in the area that actually perpetrated the crime.

Maybe it was a Freudian slip by someone who heard about Hania’s case. (Half serious here)

—-

I’m a little foggy on her school details with the two locations/move/staying with Aunt, etc. Can somebody please clarify the logistics as to where she was when school-wise (Georgia vs Alabama)? Tia.

—-

I’m quite surprised we haven’t heard anything from LE yet. INot even a PC to say the autopsy is being conducted, and/or at least say they are still actively investigating so can’t comment on anything yet. It’s been over 24 hours since their last communication. It’s always interesting, the different approaches LE takes based on the case itself and the agencies involved.

Last edited:
'You don't hear nothing about that around here': Missing 11-year-old Alabama girl found dead

[...]

A Mount Vernon resident told CNN affiliate WAAY31 that crime of this kind rarely, if ever, happens in the area, which is about 25 miles northeast of the city of Gadsden, Alabama.

"It was shocking. You don't hear nothing about that around here," Terry Clanton said, describing Mount Vernon as a close-knit community.

"I want to say directly from the heart, being in this career, in this job, the way we do it is 100 percent from the heart," Welden said. "And my heart is shattered this day, here in DeKalb County, Alabama."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504