Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was self harm, I think by now wouldn't they simply ask for prayers and privacy for the family?

The way this has continued on is frightening/disturbing to me and I'm not even remotely local. I fear something truly awful beyond the obvious loss of a young life has occurred.

Also, thank you Harmony for clarifying the Heavy & sources. I'm going to go look around again so I hopefully don't get so pulled into discussions that I unintentionally break TOS.

Before the thread gets shut down again because of references to family Facebook, this article has a ton of info regarding the school situation/move to Georgia etc.

Amberly Barnett: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Hmmmm, most of the information referencing mom (talking about AB) is from mom's Facebook. Is that also allowed? (I don't mean to stir up anything, honestly, I'm just curious)

If this was self harm, I think by now wouldn't they simply ask for prayers and privacy for the family?

The way this has continued on is frightening/disturbing to me and I'm not even remotely local. I fear something truly awful beyond the obvious loss of a young life has occurred.

Also, thank you Harmony for clarifying the Heavy & sources. I'm going to go look around again so I hopefully don't get so pulled into discussions that I unintentionally break TOS.
If it was self harm, they would not need CSI & a forensic team at the scene! Screenshot_20190303-165626_Chrome.jpg

Amberly Barnett, missing 11-year-old Alabama girl, found dead - CNN

Moo

It's been a long time since I've been active on a thread here, despite being a member since 2005. I appreciate the gentle reminders to keep the thread open and me out of trouble. Went back and edited a few things per your recommendations.

Hmmmm, most of the information referencing mom (talking about AB) is from mom's Facebook. Is that also allowed? (I don't mean to stir up anything, honestly, I'm just curious)
I don’t think so.

SBM. Just bringing this up again for those who haven’t read it.
Admin note:
The heavy.com article is an approved site. You may quote the article and discuss the comments attributed to the mother in the article but it does not open the door to discussing any other of her personal facebook comments since she is not a suspect.

I just watched the original Press Conference. Whatever that Sheriff has seen, he will never forget. I hope there is a lot of support available for him, and those working with him, in the days to come.

My heart hurt watching. I would imagine anything with a child is very hard, but he truly looks shattered.

CNN link:
Amberly Barnett, missing 11-year-old Alabama girl, found dead - CNN
CNN reports the mother mentioning the SUV so that had to have come from a witness nearby. It is possible the SUV didn’t initially cause alarm because it had been at the house in the past. Meaning someone known to the family. That person could have been known to the aunt, or even the neighbors but unknown to ALB. There could be doorbell cameras along the street or security cameras along the route that could quickly pinpoint that vehicle. I would venture a guess that is how LE was able to resolve this quickly. Unfortunately, not quick enough to rescue this sweet little girl. Rest easy little one, watch over your family, and send them a sign of your love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67