Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need clarification on the “Uncle”. I believe that is the wrong category for this person as Ive also seen that he was the brother in law of the aunt Amberly was staying with, so he wouldn’t necessarily be her uncle. Maybe no relation to Amberly at all.
I believe he is not related, rather is the BIL of A's aunt. I dare not say more as we don't want this thread to get closed down ;)

I need clarification on the “Uncle”. I believe that is the wrong category for this person as Ive also seen that he was the brother in law of the aunt Amberly was staying with, so he wouldn’t necessarily be her uncle. Maybe no relation to Amberly at all.

I believe per AB mom that it was actually ABs Aunts, brother in law that was next door. So yes no blood relationship to AB.

Last edited:
I don't want to run afoul of TOS, but we don't have any proof her Instagram or other social media accounts were connected with her death.

The way her mom kept repeating "take me instead" makes me again think this is possibly related to an ongoing feud or other strange connection. It seems whoever did this to her wanted her to be found quickly. To send a message, perhaps?

I don't want to run afoul of TOS, but we don't have any proof her Instagram or other social media accounts were connected with her death.

The way her mom kept repeating "take me instead" makes me again think this is possibly related to an ongoing feud or other strange connection. It seems whoever did this to her wanted her to be found quickly. To send a message, perhaps?

I'm not convinced her social media had a thing to do with her murder, either.

Her mom. :( She gives every appearance of hanging by a thread.

I hope they do catch who is responsible for this crime regardless of how I think they are handling the situation. It just makes me angry how someone could do this to a child. I had a similar experience when I was with my son’s mother. Her cousin was raped and killed by a man who was friends with the family. So, I get emotional about these things and also from my own experience when I was a military policeman.

RIP Amberly. I cannot comprehend any reason to brutally attack and murder a young girl unless she witnessed something.
Unfortunately, and I apologize for even mentioning it, there is one other common reason to explain a young girl's death....a sociopath or sadist who derives pleasure or sexual gratification from hunting and injuring young attractive females.

Ok, so the uncle was next door and I just read a post a couple of threads back saying he was working on the neighbor's roof? Was the neighbor home at the time?? Because when someone is working on your roof you hear their constant foot steps as they work up there. I'd think if he was working on the neighbor's home they'd know if he left for any significant period of time.

Also? While the green van could be a red herring. If I learned someone next door disappeared and I was outside I'd also think back to any car I saw come by that I was not familiar with. It's possible someone saw that car and is bringing it up, the car was actually there, but not related to her disappearance at all.

I'd just really like to know if the neighbor was home while uncle was working on it though.
Why are we calling the guy working on the roof an uncle ,he is not.

IMO it's very unusual that Amberly's mom is talking about her daughter being murdered in the woods behind the house but LE hasn't yet announced any details in her death.

Does this mean the autopsy has been completed and the report released to LE? If so then why haven't they told msm? Isn't it in the public's interest to know if there is someone out there who poses a danger to other children? And if LE has a suspect in custody why wouldn't they announce it so the community doesn't worry?

Please note that I'm not accusing the family of lying or anything, I'm just scratching my head over the lack of information from LE.

IMHO it hasn't been stated where she was murdered. Her mother and friend said she was found in the woods and had been subject to a violent death. It is surprising that they said this directly to the media before the LE announced it but I assume the LE want more facts from the autopsy before releasing more information. They may also already have the POI under arrest or investigation.

As others have said my own view is that someone close to home knew she was on her own, subjected her to a sexual assault and then killed her to avoid being identified. I think this could well have happened in her aunt's home or nearby. She was then left in the woods behind her house. JMO.

I think its very likely the green SUV was a deliberate red herring/diversion tactic. I very much doubt this case has anything to with her SM presence or strangers. There was a short window of opportunity and hard for anyone with looser ties to her to have known she was home alone.

Desperately sad for her mother, siblings, family and friends. A beautiful girl. How can we educate people better to prevent this predatorial behaviour to innocent young people?

Why are we calling the guy working on the roof an uncle ,he is not.
I believe per AB mom that it was actually ABs Aunts, brother in law that was next door. So yes no blood relationship to AB.

It’s since been corrected, it was originally posted in a daily mail article and since corrected. My apologies, I have corrected it. As I’m sure you will see as you read through the rest of the thread.

ETA on top of that my previous post was not directed to cast blame on any person weather related or not etc. but rather to point out that I found it odd that the BIL was outside next door but didn’t apparently hear or see anything.

Last edited:
As others have said my own view is that someone close to home knew she was on her own, subjected her to a sexual assault and then killed her to avoid being identified. I think this could well have happened in her aunt's home or nearby. She was then left in the woods behind her house. JMO.

Desperately sad for her mother, siblings, family and friends. A beautiful girl. How can we educate people better to prevent this predatorial behaviour to innocent young people?

Snipped by me.

It's probably a really unpopular opinion, but we need to stop leaving little kids without the presence of a responsible caregiver. I'm not attempting to place blame in this particular instance, just a general observation.

It’s since been corrected, it was originally posted in a daily mail article and since corrected. My apologies, I have corrected it. As I’m sure you will see as you read through the rest of the thread.

I was confused and thought maybe there was also an uncle of the roof . I feel like the poor uncle is taking side eyes for no reason.

Wanted the body to be found, or he dad no time to hide it. May be had to get back quickly to the spot he was in when he saw Amberly was left alone. As in, ”I was working, i haven’t moved from here”
Anyways, tragic, and so sad. Poor kid. And her poor Momma and Auntie.
RSBM
It seems whoever did this to her wanted her to be found quickly. To send a message, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so the uncle was next door and I just read a post a couple of threads back saying he was working on the neighbor's roof? Was the neighbor home at the time?? Because when someone is working on your roof you hear their constant foot steps as they work up there. I'd think if he was working on the neighbor's home they'd know if he left for any significant period of time.
I'd just really like to know if the neighbor was home while uncle was working on it though.
It is my understanding that the home next door belonged to the Aunts brother in law - her husband’s brother- and he was working outside and claimed that he saw a green SUV at his Brother/SIL’s house.
(Snipped by Me)
I’m not sure I can even speculate on all these things at this point :eek:
I’m horrified by the reporter’s words - “brutal death.” :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics