Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe per AB mom that it was actually ABs Aunts, brother in law that was next door. So yes no blood relationship to AB.
Yes! AB’s uncle’s brother. The brothers lived beside each other in trailer homes with hundreds of acres of woods behind them - is my understanding of the layout.
I just want the Sheriff to have another conference.
I agree with others - it’s strange to me that no warnings have been given to public that a murderer is in the area - especially after AB’s death has been described as brutal.
Most of us know what that ‘usually’ means and we just need confirmation.

Yes! AB’s uncle’s brother. The brothers lived beside each other in trailer homes with hundreds of acres of woods behind them - is my understanding of the layout.
I just want the Sheriff to have another conference.
I agree with others - it’s strange to me that no warnings have been given to public that a murderer is in the area - especially after AB’s death has been described as brutal.
Most of us know what that ‘usually’ means and we just need confirmation.

Yah I agree, I think we will have to wait to learn more. Doesn’t sound like anything more is planned until the autopsy comes back. Moo

Thanks but such a typo seems so disrespectful to the victim, I’ll have to be more careful.

(We know you’d never intentionally disrespect the victim. :) In hindsight, perhaps a pm would have been more appropriate, I apologize, didn’t mean to call you out or embarrass you, sorry about that. I know what you mean though, one time right in the middle of a child's body being found (Darnell) I accidentally posted in the thread instead of the private convo I was having about how “omgggg I’m getting so highhhhh off this chocolate” :facepalm: I know some may remember that, I had to go back and ask for a mod delete and I was mortified.)

(ETA: The funny thing was that a couple people actually “liked” the post lol. AND not only that, the post appeared there awkwardly for a few hours and a member actually said how she couldn’t stop laughing and was laughing so hard she was CRYING because it appeared so awkward and random, lol. Right in the middle of all these RIP messages, my post about how high I’m getting off chocolate...

—-

Moving on, I can only assume that since LE hasn’t asked for the public’s help that they “got this”.

Last edited:
Am I understanding that Amberly was currently living at her aunt's house, that Amberly has siblings but was the only one of them that was at the aunt's when she disappeared, and that the aunt also has children but none were there at the time she disappeared? IOW, Amberly was alone in the house?

And the BIL that was working on the roof next door, I take it that Amberly was not left in his care. As in, if he saw a green vehicle he didn't recognize in front of the house he would not feel responsible to go check what was going on?

Heading over to google maps to get a better sense of the area....

>Mod Snipped - quoted a post that was removed<

If Amberly's mention of going to the mall to get new clothes was real, that fits too. "I'm taking the littles to grab the groceries, can you vacuum the living room and when I get back, you and I will go to the mall together. "

other kids might have had appointments or activities too.

If Amberly was the oldest (?) and other adults related/close were next door,and she has a phone, it doesn't seem untoward to do something like the above. I babysat at her age, FWIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed something. Originally I read the last time AB was seen was around 2:30 when her aunt left for the store and the neighborhood went searching for her prior to calling LE around dusk. Now I'm reading she was last seen around 6:00 p.m. Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot