Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100
there was a similar case in Mobile, Ala a 8 yr old went missing, the FBI became involved, 3 months later the father was charged
why has there not been any mention of the FBI involvement?

I’m guessing they already have a POI and/or have made an arrest and don’t need the FBI.

It’ll be interesting to see what they say at the presser... we can’t blame them for being tight lipped about this if they’re investigating who I think they are.

My impression of the mom in the interview is shock mixed with a whole lot of anger.
I don't blame her at all.
Chi

MISSING GIRL FOUND DEAD: Missing 11-year-old girl found dead in Alabama, deputies say

It does sounds like shock mixed with a whole lot of other emotions.

In this article, the reporter mentions that the mom was fighting to hold back tears during the interview.

Jonie Barnett fought back tears as she talked about her daughter.

"I couldn't have asked for a better daughter," she said.

Jonie Barnett said her daughter loved science, and was caring and smart.

I think we will hear cause and manner of death at the press conference today. :(
Whether she was violated or not we don't know. I pray she was spared that.
I do think the mom knows much more than us but with an autopsy probably performed yesterday, she's probably hearing facts herself before the presser.
Good lord how sad.
Maybe she's seen her precious daughter by now. Very possible imo but none of my business. At all.
Tears,
Chi

The lack of tears for sure, the other thing though was that her gestures didn’t seem congruent with her words. She was shaking her head (as in “no”) when saying “I always made sure she knew that”.
-not I am, in anyway blaming mom for what happened, but something just seems off .

This young girl, who should be looking forward to her 12th birthday, to spring, to playing with friends, and growing up, is instead relegated to postmortem exams, and having her last tragic and horrific moments on earth splashed out in headline news. Because some disordered and disgusting predator felt entitled to harm her for his own sick needs.

Lighting a candle for love for AB, and sending a prayer for eternal peace. :(<3

ETA: agree that perhaps mom was on a sedative, and my assessment would then be invalid. So, just an observation. Nothing more.
Also, the boyfriend. Sedatives for everyone! I know I'd have to be knocked OUT. I cannot even imagine. I would not be able to cope.

I worked as a military policeman for 10 years in the Marine Corps and the Army and have dealt with these situations. It’s not easy, however it needs to be done right.
Just because he is doing it differently from what you would do, doesn't mean he isn't doing it right. Training changes over the years.

I haven't lost a child but know several who have lost a child or close family member to murder.
It's so bad and they usually refuse sedation early on.
Personally I think I would also. Wouldn't be able to eat or sleep until I had the answers.
My friends would have to step in and maybe get a doctor to my home.
If it takes some time for an arrest, it's so exponentially magnified. The pain.
Jmo
Chi

Of course people in that county are paranoid right now. They may be right.
If there's a POI or a warrant for someone in this case we'll hear from law enforcement later today.
I do believe in openness but they may be hunting down a suspect.
They found A early in the morning but didn't inform the public until 3p. Iirc.
There's valid reasons not to inform the public of the inner workings in a murder investigation.
And they have called it murder now.
Hoping everyone around that area remains calm but vigilant.
IF there's no suspect yet, the community at large needs to watch for people acting out of the norm. For those who didn't show up to work today etc.
Or even church yesterday.
The members of the community can be proactive in their own ways.
Jmo
Chi

Last edited:
I take it personal because I live in this county. They need to release some information for the county residents so they can rest a little easier. People are paranoid right now.
There is a presser in an hour. While I understand people want information, the integrity of the investigation comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87