Not open for further replies.
info needed:
time aunt leaves for store
time aunt returns from store
time aunt notices missing child
time aunt notifies mom
from this point we have 15hrs
police report 12.5hr
logic dictates 1 to 2 hrs before notice of missing, depending on: was there something they was going to do immediately after return from store
that would put us back to 1 hr missing, check house, call for, go ask BIL
next panic sets in go ask neighbors, call friends
next call mom, hysterical set in
mom rushes back home from Georgia
so we are at 2-3hrs missing
police are called
lots of questions; 2-3hrs
police have determined child is missing, possible abduction? by who? why?
no amber alert issued, due to questions and research?
immediate search of surrounding area around house begins; within 1hr
previous leads from questioning leads to search another county and into Georgia
this puts us at around 5 - 6 hrs
that leaves us with 6 hrs search time
with 15-20 people and 3 dogs that would put us at maybe 75-100 yards into the woods
searching in a line, arm to arm length
time is the major factor; unknowns affect out come
aunt could have been gone 10 min to 1 hr
abduction/killing had to be within that time frame
this is an estimated quest based on what info i have obtained in google searches
which leads me to think this was a crime of anger/jealousy/hate by a close associate of the victim due to the fact the body was discovered close to home

the reason no public involved by police indicates they have a POI and believe there is no more danger

they usually wait 24-48 hrs to determine if any more abductions/killings

up to 6 months this will stay active in-case of other similar abductions/killings
then it will go into a national data base

https://www.al.com/crime/2019/03/-page-started-for-slain-amberly-barnett.html

If she did not have her cellphone - I wonder if she was taken outside or inside? I would guess they already have checked the house out thoroughly. JMO

the reason no public involved by police indicates they have a POI and believe there is no more danger
I think you're right, but if I were living there with children I would want to know asap. I wouldn't have slept a wink since she was reported missing and once she was found murdered. I would need an update right away to know if my family was safe or if someone was on the loose. I wouldn't send my kids to school either, but keep them right with me until I knew.

Last edited:

they usually wait 24-48 hrs to determine if any more abductions/killings
up to 6 months this will stay active in-case of other similar abductions/killings
then it will go into a national data base
Not to argue at all, but they didn't know where Mollie Tibbetts was and they didn't declare danger to the public, which in fact there could have been.
I have read various reports on MSM saying there was a SUV or some sort spotted at the Aunt's house near the time AB disappeared.
I have no way of knowing if this is true or even related.
Along with you, I dearly hope that there is a POI or even someone having a warrant served on them right this very minute.
And thanks for coming to WS.
Chi

Saying where someone was found does not jeopardize an investigation.
Not unless it's an area that's hard to close from media and sightseers, at which some one might be a little tight lipped if they're still combing for evidence.

Is there something else going on in that county that's got you so riled up against local LE?

For SUV quote:
Alabama girl, 11, found dead after last seen at aunt’s house where SUV was spotted in driveway
snip "An Alabama girl was found dead Saturday after she vanished from her aunt’s house where a dark-colored SUV was spotted in the driveway, police and her family said."
"“Anyone who knows Amberly, knows she would not have left without telling me or my sister. She’s too scared to get into any trouble. She would never leave her cell phone behind,” the mother wrote. "

Just reference if anyone hadn't read about the suv or the phone.
Chi
ETA in my own humble opinion her remains probably weren't too far away from where she was living... :( We will probably find out where it was in about 15 minutes.
So so very sorry AB.

No, as a former law enforcement officer I know when something is not handled correctly. They just need to do it right. A few words to the public and not informing people of any possible imminent danger is just negligent.

Unless there is no imminent danger. It’s VERY possible that there is no danger to the public. LE isn’t just going to call up the media and say “hey guys, caught the perp”. They’re going to hold a presser... which they’re about to do. I think that this investigation has been handled fine so far. It’s only been three days. If they didn’t disclose location, I believe they have a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87