Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that LE is putting out an image of a POI so late in the search is a very positive step, but leans towards a random event. These crimes can be harder to put together and prosecute.

At the same time random is usually opportunistic, ie perps leaves phone on, no plan, sloppy trail of evidence etc.

Aniah's phone was nearly dead, did it unfortunately die or did the perp turn it off?

RBBM

Just wanted to connect your recent post, #Mistree, with the new media report of the poi... Not sure if a 5'10" 200lb guy would need his seat that far back either??
Not that he would have necessarily been in her vehicle or even that the seat was left in the way it was driven in??...
Jmoo

Its kind of a thing some places to lay that seat back as far as it will go.

The jacket of POI seems to be a big red flag
That won’t be seen again is/or has been disposed of by now.

The vehicle description is likely any of the other 10-30k (maybe more) crown Vic’s cruising the roads with black males.

Seems like LE have exhausted their leads
And have no actual abduction video to go off.

I noticed in the video of her at the convenience store , that there was a pair of “black pants” walking in the opposite direction (iirc). I wonder if this is the same individual? Again I’m behind in here, so perhaps this was mentioned as a possibility previously.

I totally agree. When the video was first released in late October, I swear the man could be seen taking a few steps toward toward AB - he turned toward her and his feet could be seen coming toward her on that black carpeting. At the same time, AB looked down and over her shoulder, seemingly aware of him. I recall watching it several times and thinking "that is not a man a young girl would go on a date with - he seems to have on dark, not stylish work pants and dark work boots." Then, within minutes, every video I saw had that upper corner cut out so that all you could see was the man's feet before he turned in AB's direction. I've searched since for an uncropped version and cannot find it.

We know from an interview posted earlier with Walt, that she lives very close to the Chevron. She did not live in Opelika, and she would not get on the interstate to go home.

The damage on the passenger side of the vehicle is REALLY throwing me off. Obviously this man they want to speak to had his own car and after looking at Aniah's Timeline - Google My Maps of everything it's clear she had to get back on the Interstate to get back home. Unless she didn't take the interstate at all cause looking at the maps again she could have got off the Auburn exit, stopped at the Cheveon, and continued on South College Street until it turned into North College Street, and onto Route 14 until she got into Opeika where she resides. She could have actually bypassed the interstate completely now that I'm looking more closely. They should look at all traffic cams from there up and see if anything is on it. Or maybe they have and that's why they want to speak to the POI because he was seen following her. I'd be more inclined to think if he ran her off the road and it was done on an interstate that someone would have seen something and it also would have been very risky because others could have got in an accident if done on there.

Last edited:
We know from an interview posted earlier with Walt, that she lives very close to the Chevron. She did not live in Opelika, and she would not get on the interstate to go home.

Oh lord my bad! I thought she did as I could have sworn it was discussed in a previous thread on here that she did. I remember the post because someone said Opelika and Auborn were basically the same thing.

The damage on the passenger side of the vehicle is REALLY throwing me off. Obviously this man they want to speak to had his own car and after looking at Aniah's Timeline - Google My Maps of everything it's clear she had to get back on the Interstate to get back home. Unless she didn't take the interstate at all cause looking at the maps again she could have got off the Auburn exit, stopped at the Cheveon, and continued on South College Street until it turned into North College Street, and onto Route 14 until she got into Opeika where she resides. She could have actually bypassed the interstate completely now that I'm looking more closely. They should look at all traffic cams from there up and see if anything is on it. Or maybe they have and that's why they want to speak to the POI because he was seen following her. I'd be more inclined to think if he ran her off the road and it was done on an interstate that someone would have seen something and it also would have been very risky because others could have got in an accident if done on there.
I see it on the map, but where did it come from that she lives in Opelika? Even if that’s true, I lived in Auburn for eight years and it was rare for me to take 85 to get from Auburn to Opelika.

was aniahs car backed into the space when it was found?

if so, that indicates to me a somewhat sophisticated criminal put it there...maybe not sophisticated but at least someone who planned this. I think if this was a car jacking or a crime of opportunity the perpetrator would probably not have the forethought and/or time and state of mind to patiently back her car into a space at an apartment complex.

i keep feeling like the person who did this knew aniah and wasn't random but is trying to make this seem like a random crime
It was backed in. It’s not uncommon for a person to back in around here
I recall an earlier post (still can’t find it to quote) where a reader drove through the Park Place Apartments and stated that they saw a Crown Vic in the parking lot... there was a lot of discussion about whether it was undercover or not. Could it be?!?!
I said it and saw it but it was not gray or silver. I wish it was that easy. Love to see closure of this.

RBBM

Just wanted to connect your recent post, #Mistree, with the new media report of the poi... Not sure if a 5'10" 200lb guy would need his seat that far back either??
Not that he would have necessarily been in her vehicle or even that the seat was left in the way it was driven in??...
Jmoo
and @Mistree
I should have realized sooner. I have Honda Pilot, (2016 or 17 can’t remember) and the seat actually glides back when you turn the car off. Makes it easier to get in and out. Then when you get back in the car and turn it on, the seat glides back into driving position. If her Honda CR-V does the same, that would explain the seat position in the photos.

Oh lord my bad! I thought she did as I could have sworn it was discussed in a previous thread on here that she did. I remember the post because someone said Opelika and Auborn were basically the same thing.
Opelika is where Aniah goes to school, at Southern Union. Pretty sure what you remember is that people said lots of Southern Union students live in Auburn because it’s basically the same.

and @Mistree
I should have realized sooner. I have Honda Pilot, (2016 or 17 can’t remember) and the seat actually glides back when you turn the car off. Makes it easier to get in and out. Then when you get back in the car and turn it on, the seat glides back into driving position. If her Honda CR-V does the same, that would explain the seat position in the photos.

Husband has 2017 CRV-does not glide back. It has less bells & whistles than the Pilot, but most have a low jack installed. I was surprised hers didn’t not & it wasn’t immediately activated. JMO

It looks to me like this new poi is wearing some kind of cross-body strap, not sure if it's just the way the fabric is laying.... Anyone else notice this?

I do see what you mean, but I think it might be the way the hood of the jacket hits at the shoulder & the black color in the fabric. I went back to look again, at the front & back view...not positive, but I think it's the fabric.

(Edited to remove double quote)
I do see what you mean, but I think it might be the way the hood of the jacket hits at the shoulder & the black color in the fabric. I went back to look again, at the front & back view...not positive, but I think it's the fabric.

Yeah, thanks for looking... I think it's just the fabric now too after what you wrote.... And I went back and forth between the poi video screen shot and the stock photo of the sweatshirt and it looks like the hood falls at just the right spot to make an illusion of a band of darkness!!
I would try to post those 2 photos as a reference, but my phone is a pain in the neck to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member