Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they know what car he left the Chevron in, then they also know if Aniah made it safely out. This seems to debunk a lot of theories (someone hiding in the car, her giving a ride, being forced into her car, etc) and makes me think someone forced the accident to harm her. But where? There’s not really a lot of isolated roads right there if she’s going home. Or maybe they grabbed her when she got out of her car at home?

Also, there were a lot of theories about why LE didn’t release any more video from the Chevron. Mostly that they already had a suspect identified, or that they had talked to whoever else was on video and cleared them. Why would they wait this long to ask for help identifying this dude??

I noticed in the video of her at the convenience store , that there was a pair of “black pants” walking in the opposite direction (iirc). I wonder if this is the same individual? Again I’m behind in here, so perhaps this was mentioned as a possibility previously.

You beat me to it, my thoughts too!

They should go door to door at the apartment complex where her car was found and show them his picture to see if anyone recognizes him. He might not live there necessarily but may have been seen there before visiting someone who does live there. A lot of times things are not random and are done because the perp is familiar with the area.

I noticed in the video of her at the convenience store , that there was a pair of “black pants” walking in the opposite direction (iirc). I wonder if this is the same individual? Again I’m behind in here, so perhaps this was mentioned as a possibility previously.

I think it is very possible that this guy was at the store, saw her coming in, went out and waited for her to exit the store to hit on her. I think we'll know soon. I hope!

Late 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car, silver or grey in color.

The high damage on Aniah's car could match up, and that might be silver paint on Aniah' door.

This might imply more than one person is responsible, since two cars were involved, and we don't believe Aniah drove to Montgomery.

Attachments

• EOSVXTQJWNF5ZLFAL2RJPRAQBQ.jpg
    EOSVXTQJWNF5ZLFAL2RJPRAQBQ.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 116
  • 03ceaa191dfc484bbd43e058a321ad37.jpg
    03ceaa191dfc484bbd43e058a321ad37.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 113
They should go door to door at the apartment complex where her car was found and show them his picture to see if anyone recognizes him. He might not live there necessarily but may have been seen there before visiting someone who does live there. A lot of times things are not random and are done because the perp is familiar with the area.

The images are clear and the jacket is distinctive. LE will know who this is soon if they don't already, IMO.

Yep! Someone saw him getting on public transportation/getting into an uber/walking, hitching, whatever or gave him a ride to wherever his car was in my opinion at this point. OR they took him to her vehicle to move it to the apartments. Which makes no sense to me. hmmm. Unless he had a buddy with him to begin with.

Late 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car, silver or grey in color.

The high damage on Aniah's car could match up, and that might be silver paint on Aniah' door.

This might imply more than one person is responsible, since two cars were involved, and we don't believe Aniah drove to Montgomery.
I may have missed it but did LE say he drove a Lincoln?

I think it is very possible that this guy was at the store, saw her coming in, went out and waited for her to exit the store to hit on her. I think we'll know soon. I hope!

We’ve seen this scenario before, on Forensic Files specifically, where a victim is sighted at a store and then followed.

In some of those cases I recall where the victim was removed from the vehicle after being “hit” by another car, the victim was found nearby to the accident site, usually wooded area, purpose=SA.

11:20- Bought chips at Chevron.
11:30- Snapchat text with roommate.
11:57- Phone turned off or died.
12:30- Car seen on traffic cam at S. College & I85.

The damage on the passenger side of the vehicle is REALLY throwing me off. Obviously this man they want to speak to had his own car and after looking at Aniah's Timeline - Google My Maps of everything it's clear she had to get back on the Interstate to get back home. Unless she didn't take the interstate at all cause looking at the maps again she could have got off the Auburn exit, stopped at the Cheveon, and continued on South College Street until it turned into North College Street, and onto Route 14 until she got into Opeika where she resides. She could have actually bypassed the interstate completely now that I'm looking more closely. They should look at all traffic cams from there up and see if anything is on it. Or maybe they have and that's why they want to speak to the POI because he was seen following her. I'd be more inclined to think if he ran her off the road and it was done on an interstate that someone would have seen something and it also would have been very risky because others could have got in an accident if done on there.

If they know what car he left the Chevron in, then they also know if Aniah made it safely out. This seems to debunk a lot of theories (someone hiding in the car, her giving a ride, being forced into her car, etc) and makes me think someone forced the accident to harm her. But where? There’s not really a lot of isolated roads right there if she’s going home. Or maybe they grabbed her when she got out of her car at home?

Also, there were a lot of theories about why LE didn’t release any more video from the Chevron. Mostly that they already had a suspect identified, or that they had talked to whoever else was on video and cleared them. Why would they wait this long to ask for help identifying this dude??

This has thrown me off too and that's why keep going back and forth on my theories on what happened to her. You'd think someone would have had to seen something.

I may have missed it but did LE say he drove a Lincoln?

Sorry, should have linked.

WillenFan21, post: 15551836, member: 35598

From the link: City of Auburn News

Nov. 6, 2019- UPDATE:

The Auburn Police Division is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a person captured on video surveillance inside the convenience store at the time Aniah Haley Blanchard was last seen and disappeared on Oct. 23. The individual in the video is described as a black male, early-mid 20’s, approximately 200 lbs., and is between 5’-8” and 5’-10”. He is wearing dark-colored pants, dark-colored shoes and a camouflage colored hooded jacket with “Vans” in white writing across the back. Additionally, the individual in the video was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car, silver or grey in color.

Wow! Well we will know soon enough, that sweatshirt is distinctive enough imo that he will be named (or come forward) soon and we’ll see what shape his car is in! Maybe at the very least he witnessed something of value?

Vehicle of missing 19-year-old, Aniah Haley Blanchard, was found

Wanted to bring this picture of Aniah’s car forward. IMO it looks as if the drivers seat is quite a ways back. I’m 5’8” and I would t be able to have good control of my SUV with the seat back that far. JMO

ETA: looks like the door has a fantastic area for prints too, unless measures were taken to prevent any being found. I highly doubt that in this case tho.

From the link: City of Auburn News

Nov. 6, 2019- UPDATE:

The Auburn Police Division is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a person captured on video surveillance inside the convenience store at the time Aniah Haley Blanchard was last seen and disappeared on Oct. 23. The individual in the video is described as a black male, early-mid 20’s, approximately 200 lbs., and is between 5’-8” and 5’-10”. He is wearing dark-colored pants, dark-colored shoes and a camouflage colored hooded jacket with “Vans” in white writing across the back. Additionally, the individual in the video was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000’s model Lincoln Town Car, silver or grey in color.

RBBM

Just wanted to connect your recent post, #Mistree, with the new media report of the poi... Not sure if a 5'10" 200lb guy would need his seat that far back either??
Not that he would have necessarily been in her vehicle or even that the seat was left in the way it was driven in??...
Jmoo

I recall an earlier post (still can’t find it to quote) where a reader drove through the Park Place Apartments and stated that they saw a Crown Vic in the parking lot... there was a lot of discussion about whether it was undercover or not. Could it be?!?!

RBBM

Just wanted to connect your recent post, #Mistree, with the new media report of the poi... Not sure if a 5'10" 200lb guy would need his seat that far back either??
Not that he would have necessarily been in her vehicle or even that the seat was left in the way it was driven in??...
Jmoo

I am 5'11 (female) and always drive with the seat all the way back, I am long-legged though.

Isn’t it odd that 10-14 days later they show his pic, give out his car info and ask for help identifying him? Seems like a long period of time to post this after the video emerged of AB.

It takes time to process things and evidence, gather CCTV footage, talk to potential witnesses, etc. I am sure it took a while to process her car and test everything. Also, dig through phone and SM records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB