Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA ...and no offense to the fam...but with what hes already been proven guilty of in the past warrants the adjectives... Toxic waste of life

I completely agree. With that written, LE has to operate on the idea that she may be alive right now. We should, too. DNA or not, the details we, as speculators, have isn’t enough to assume she’s outright deceased at this moment.

This is ridiculous, even before the POI picture was released, the baby momma said that this looks like her baby daddy, just by the video of Aniah walking, all it showed was the guy feet walking out , but she quickly deleted it in one of the facebook find aniah groups, this morning alot of people on SM was referencing it and asking where it went. That is how they were able to determine who he was, they want back on her social media. This is insane. If this is the guy, then there will be a real big upcry, cause with that rap sheet, he should have been in jail. Where did he get the money to bond him out.
She posted that at least a week ago!!

Some theories on why it took this long to release his photo:

1. The friends completely mudding up the investigation - starting with "she went to Sky Bar" and then to "met up with a guy she met on a dating site" and then finally to "met up with a white guy named Eric" - all of this could have been very confusing to investigators and possibly led them down a lot of dead-end roads.
What if it was intentional?

I completely agree. With that written, LE has to operate on the idea that she may be alive right now. We should, too. DNA or not, the details we, as speculators, have isn’t enough to assume she’s outright deceased at this moment.
I totally misread that. I thought you were saying not to call him scum bc he hasnt been proven guilty yet... my bad i agree

Also still very confused about the snapchats with her roommate. Just doesn’t make sense in any scenario.

This is still biting at my heels honestly. Sure everything can be made to fit but the snapchat messages were weird. Something is really awkward about that. I mentioned to a friend earlier that its like its looking me right in the face but I can't figure out what's funny about it. Hopefully it came/comes to someone significantly smarter than me.

The crime here seems to be opportunistic but career criminals can refine as they mature, as they associate with more criminals, etc. He could have been stalking Aniah. Living as close as he did and in his age group, he very well might have been frequenting the same night clubs. Do we still think its possible that he linked with her through a dating app like a friend mentioned? Using a fake name?

Went to meet her at the gas station briefly to show her that he was real or whatever before they really hung out. As someone who met their partner through online dating and living in NYC, I did a lot of pre-screening meet ups, including with my fiancée! A gas station is public. A lot of locals here have mentioned that its pretty busy too. She may have thought it would be safe enough and on her way home at that. But maybe it was particularly empty that night. Could have kidnapped her then, struggled in the car, etc.

The whole "I'm with Eric" thing to a roommate could have been him and his giant ego assuming that Aniah would be telling everyone about him and how wonderful he is and when she said: who is that? He changed tactics and says: "I just met him," instead.

In another vein, if he had a female accomplice like he had worked with in the past, maybe she sent the texts. I don't know. The snaps just don't jive to me.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but depending on what kind of phone she had, he may not have needed a passcode to access it. Most iPhone models use fingertips to open, and the newer ones use face recognition.

I
Some theories on why it took this long to release his photo:

1. The friends completely mudding up the investigation - starting with "she went to Sky Bar" and then to "met up with a guy she met on a dating site" and then finally to "met up with a white guy named Eric" - all of this could have been very confusing to investigators and possibly led them down a lot of dead-end roads.
2. When they found the car, they were confident that they would find the perps DNA and/or prints based on the initial investigation, thus leading them to a suspect.
3. They didn't want to release a photo of a random person in the gas station without having some type of indication that they were involved

Or perhaps a combination of all of the above.

Question: would a hypothetical DNA profile found at the scene have indicated the perp's skin color and sex? If so, maybe they did get one and realized that their perp was a black male and not a white male (as suspected by her friends) and thus they circled back to the man in the gas station video?

It was only really one friend that tweeted about it, how did she even know the guy was white? She stated everyhting as fact. Maybe she was just trying to help but she was the one that put that info about the snapchat, I don't think that info would have been released if she had not. The roomate has never spoken out, she just sent the stuff to the family, but the "best friend" on twitter was the one sharing everything.

Just thinking of possibilities..
Maybe she was in the middle of chatting with her roomie or opening it up and had not replied due to them jumping in....then when they realized what she was doing - told her to reply something casual...being as smart as she is- she tries to please the attackers by replying casually... but send subtle messages like eric, a name that she knew would be foreign to her friend...and then again when she had to make sure she didnt alarm the attackers ...tries her best to send a code alarm by saying "I'm so, so sorry"

So glad I was directed to WS after being on several SM groups. The speculation is thoughtful, and, relatively fact based without the dirty feel of sensationalism. With the exception of the alligator debate (which was pretty civil), there is no drama. I've left all of the other groups. I'm not sure if I'll still be here after we find Aniah and prosecute all of those involved, but, the intelligence and compassion for the victims displayed in this group makes me think I might come back from time to time. Thanks WS !

agree. I really wish we could stop talking in past tense. Lets not even speak that into existence.

The problem is, in most cases like this, the outcome is not good. We have seen this time and time again, and it's hard for people who regularly follow cases like this to keep hope up. I think there is a point for me, where I always get a moment of thinking, "this case will be different, and the person will be found alive." Sadly I have followed too many cases where that isn't the case, and the moment fades quickly. We already know Aniah was harmed due to evidence found in the car, so logic tells me this won't end well. I would rather not have my hopes up for her friends and family and be proven wrong than the opposite.

On another note, I am so happy there was so much movement on the case today. Sometimes it feels like things get stuck for a while with no new info, but you can feel the moment when things are about to move rapidly, and that seems like what is happening now. I hope they find the suspect asap!

The problem is, in most cases like this, the outcome is not good. We have seen this time and time again, and it's hard for people who regularly follow cases like this to keep hope up. I think there is a point for me, where I always get a moment of thinking, "this case will be different, and the person will be found alive." Sadly I have followed too many cases where that isn't the case, and the moment fades quickly. We already know Aniah was harmed due to evidence found in the car, so logic tells me this won't end well. I would rather not have my hopes up for her friends and family and be proven wrong than the opposite.

On another note, I am so happy there was so much movement on the case today. Sometimes it feels like things get stuck for a while with no new info, but you can feel the moment when things are about to move rapidly, and that seems like what is happening now. I hope they find the suspect asap!
Exactly. We’ve seen this movie before.

were the snapchats confirmed by law enforcement, or only by the friend? now that we know the suspect, we know aniah was not hanging out, chilling, with someone named eric. so who did write those texts?!

W
I am so hopeful for @Tricia to have the word "Arrest" appear in the top banner on the Websleuths page.

As always, I find it amazing how many deeply compassionate and kind people there are on Websleuths.

It is uplifting and heartwarming to read everyone's posts which are filled with hope and care for the victims as well as their families. This is what sets Websleuths apart and I am so grateful that we have this site.

It is so heart-wrenching to even think about what Aniah's family is going through. My heart is with them all.

May they continue to hold one another close during this unimaginable time.
We need a love button for this comment. ❤️❤️❤️

So, looking at my snapchat account, I cannot see exact times that anything was sent to me. Timestamps are like "6 hours ago" unless it's less than an hour, in which case it says how many minutes its been. On old texts through snapchat that are saved, I can only see the date it was sent and not the actual time.

Is it possible that the "right before midnight" time for the snapchat messages is just based on the roommates' memory and not entirely accurate? Perhaps Aniah actually did meet some dude named Eric and then upon snapping with her roommate, she realized that she needed to head home because her roommate was waiting up and unhappy with her. So she left Eric and headed to the gas station to get a midnight snack and then, unfortunately, ran into the suspect.

What if I Aniah’s initial texts were innocent. Roommate asks if she’s almost home, Aniah says yes because she is at the gas station or pulling out from the gas station. Then a few minutes go by and the roommate asks “where are you”. Either aniah tries to quickly tell her and the phone autocorrects this guys nickname of ‘EBro’ to Eric. And tells her she just met him. Or the suspect saw that and took her phone and responded that she just met him and the following response of ‘I’m so so sorry’ to make it seem like everything is fine.

were the snapchats confirmed by law enforcement, or only by the friend? now that we know the suspect, we know aniah was not hanging out, chilling, with someone named eric. so who did write those texts?!
The parents said they had screenshots of that snapchat conversation. I don't think this friend made it up and people are being really hard on her, like she made this whole story up. I have no reason to not believe that those texts were real and did exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech