Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline of the Snapchat messages seems so weird. Either it’s her, which means she gets out of the gas station and is okay for at least ten more minutes and actually meets up with someone in that time, or it’s the perp texting which seems really fast to have grabbed her, subdued her, and to be texting on her phone. If I remember right, it’s about 10 minutes from Chevron camera to Snapchat message.. just seems like an odd timeline. The most plausible thing to me based on that is that someone was in her car with her when she got to the gas station. Maybe he asked to go back to her place and she said no, and there was a fight?

The timing really is odd. I wonder how certain the roommate is about the time of the text exchange. Since it was through Snapchat, would there be any record of the time of the exchange? If not, and if she’s relying on her memory of the time, it may not be exactly accurate.

The timeline of the Snapchat messages seems so weird. Either it’s her, which means she gets out of the gas station and is okay for at least ten more minutes and actually meets up with someone in that time, or it’s the perp texting which seems really fast to have grabbed her, subdued her, and to be texting on her phone. If I remember right, it’s about 10 minutes from Chevron camera to Snapchat message.. just seems like an odd timeline. The most plausible thing to me based on that is that someone was in her car with her when she got to the gas station. Maybe he asked to go back to her place and she said no, and there was a fight?

What if someone got in her car while she was in the store? That has happened before. That is what I fear. He hides in the backseat, then grabs her from behind, causing her to lose control of the car, hence the damage.

The timing really is odd. I wonder how certain the roommate is about the time of the text exchange. Since it was through Snapchat, would there be any record of the time of the exchange? If not, and if she’s relying on her memory of the time, it may not be exactly accurate.
That is what I have been wondering too! Between the purchase at 11:20pm and the phone going dark at 11:57pm, the potential window of time could be 10 minutes if the exchange occurred at 11:30pm or longer if closer to 11:57pm, which could lend to possibility of her meeting someone in moo.

I was under the impression that the snapchat could have been the snap chat message function which can be saved by the user. If so, then they would have the actual messages. There was discussion of this early on in the thread but was it was speculation. Not saying it was a certainty, but just a possibility with that app.
Could be. Just didn’t sound like the mother was reading the actual snapchats in the podcast, and i believe we’re talking about a transcription of what the mother said about the snapchats on the podcast.

I’d also speculate that if the roommate was not concerned at the time, then she would have had no reason to save the chats. Do people routinely save their chats? Or is there a setting that will save all your chats by default?

LE can get the metadata, which should include the exact time of the snapchats...
Snaps Law Enforcement Guide
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

Logs of Previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats
Logs contain metadata about a user’s Snaps, Stories, and Chats, but not the user’s content.
Legal process required for logs: Logs of previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats can be obtained pursuant to a court order under 18 U.S.C. § 2703(d) or a federal or state search warrant.

What if the roommate texted (through snapchat) Aniah prior to 11:30 and she (or someone else) just responded to the message at 11:30. Just a scenario that came to mind. Also the last part of the text exchange gives me chills “I am so so sorry” To me this could very well be the suspect apologizing for what he has done or is about to do Aniah didn’t deserve this none of the victims here on these threads do. She had her whole life ahead of her and seems like such a responsible and well loved young lady . Hope the monster behind this will be found and justice will be served for her family and loved ones. JMO

What if someone got in her car while she was in the store? That has happened before. That is what I fear. He hides in the backseat, then grabs her from behind, causing her to lose control of the car, hence the damage.
If she’s in the store at 11:20 and someone is waiting in her car when she gets back in, grabs her after she starts driving (presumably after a few minutes, so there’s no wreck on College Street which would have been seen), and there’s an altercation, 11:30 seems really tough for anyone to be responding to Snapchat messages with her phone.

With the Texas group in now and searching by horse that has to mean they’re searching very rugged terrain. It may be possible they’re searching the 300 acres mentioned last night by the FB group.
Aside from the snapchat metadata no one has mentioned location services. Surely they know exactly where she was and when by cell tower pings.

With the Texas group in now and searching by horse that has to mean they’re searching very rugged terrain. It may be possible they’re searching the 300 acres mentioned last night by the FB group.
Aside from the snapchat metadata no one has mentioned location services. Surely they know exactly where she was and when by cell tower pings.

Oh good, TES has come in. They’re the best. They work directly off leads and information from Law Enforcement, as they can’t and don’t just go blindly and randomly search a place.

Reputable search & recovery crew enters search for Aniah Blanchard

Texas search group joins effort to find Aniah Blanchard

High profile agency joins search for Aniah Blanchard

TES:
MISSING Aniah Blanchard-Auburn, Alabama (10/23/19)

TES Flyer:
https://www.texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Aniah-Blanchard-Flyer.pdf

FB:
Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ

Last edited:
I’ve always thought the damage to her car looked like it was scraped by a boulder or concrete divider or such.
If she is in a ravine this would make sense.

Is there any way possible she could have made it back to her apt. soon after leaving the gas station? Maybe she had cancelled with whomever she had planned on meeting on the way to the gas station to get chips. Which would explain why friend thought she was meeting with him still, since I doubt Aniah would have called to let her know she was cancelling when she was so close to home. He could have been upset about the cancellation and confronted her at her apt. parking lot. Maybe in the spirit of being too kind, she told him they could go for a drive or go hang out, which would explain why she would tell her friend she was with the guy.

I'm not sure that matches with the timeline of who talked to her when.

Anyone else notice the discrepancy in this description of her shoes vs. the chevron video?

MISSING Aniah Blanchard-Auburn, Alabama (10/23/19)

Yes, this is something that stood out to me. I don't want to speculate too much, but the shoes she was seen wearing in the footage look more like a more dressed up boot option than duck boots. My personal opinion as someone who owns heeled booties and duck boots, for me, duck boots would be a much more comfortable option for driving than a dressy boot, so my thought was possibly she changed into the duck boots after the service for the drive home but maybe changed back into her dressed up shoes when she got back to Auburn?

They’re supposedly very good and thorough. Didn’t they also look for Brandon Lawson?

LeusKpn

I'm not familiar with the Tuskegee National Forest, but this is a Google Satellite Map of a stretch of the terrain along side I-85 from Auburn to Montgomery. In the top right corner, is that dried up bodies of water?
LeusKpn

Last edited:
LeusKpn

I'm not familiar with the Tuskegee National Forest, but this is a Google Satellite Map of a stretch of the terrain along side I-85 from Auburn to Montgomery. In the top right corner, is that dried up bodies of water?
LeusKpn
If she’s in the Tuskegee National Forest (and I’m not saying she is) This has taken a sinister turn. Long stretches of Hwy 80 that runs beside and through TNF have no signal from any cell provider, no street lights and no stores. It’s very spooky just driving hwy 80 after dark. It could take days, weeks to search that area unless that have a certain area they’ve been tipped to look.

I wonder if anyone has access to her Google data? If she has a gmail, Google stores all your location history. Most people don’t know about this. I’m sure LE has probably checked into it, but I wonder if her parents have?

Yes, this is something that stood out to me. I don't want to speculate too much, but the shoes she was seen wearing in the footage look more like a more dressed up boot option than duck boots. My personal opinion as someone who owns heeled booties and duck boots, for me, duck boots would be a much more comfortable option for driving than a dressy boot, so my thought was possibly she changed into the duck boots after the service for the drive home but maybe changed back into her dressed up shoes when she got back to Auburn?

Glad you noticed , I was especially trying to point out the discrepancies in color.
It may be just a simple typo but I did notice and can verify that unless I’ve become color blind in the past 3 hours her shoes are NOT tan.

Glad you noticed , I was especially trying to point out the discrepancies in color.
It may be just a simple typo but I did notice and can verify that unless I’ve become color blind in the past 3 hours her shoes are NOT tan.

Definitely! When I think of duck boots (and the brand I have) they are a caramel colored leather at the top, dark brown rubber with a light tan sole. Not to say they don't come in other colorways, but from the few seconds on that video, it doesn't appear to be that style of shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper