Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody brought this up earlier.

In one of the interviews I know her mom said that they could not get into her Venmo and so they got into her email and saw a transaction email for 2.17 for the chips I assumed that was a debit card transaction. I need to go back and listen to see if it was Venmo or debit card. I really think she meant debit card. Her Venmo is public so if it were Venmo and not there that would cause me to look for a different account or a non public transaction possibility. But I really think it was a debit card purchase.
Her mom says it’s a Venmo payment at the Chevron, and that the email confirmation of it is what led family to think she had been at Chevron, so they asked LE to check (then footage was found). Why would there be an email from a debit card purchase? I’ve never used Venmo at a convenience store so I thought this was wrong, but Walt says that’s how he gave her money earlier in the day so maybe that is what she primarily uses?

Somebody brought this up earlier.

In one of the interviews I know her mom said that they could not get into her Venmo and so they got into her email and saw a transaction email for 2.17 for the chips I assumed that was a debit card transaction. I need to go back and listen to see if it was Venmo or debit card. I really think she meant debit card. Her Venmo is public so if it were Venmo and not there that would cause me to look for a different account or a non public transaction possibility. But I really think it was a debit card purchase.

I agree. Venmo is a quick way for parents to send their child money that can be transferred to a checking account (debit access) or say Apple Pay and be accessible to the child immediately.

I agree. Venmo is a quick way for parents to send their child money that can be transferred to a checking account (debit access) or say Apple Pay and be accessible to the child immediately.

From Venmo's website:

[with the exception of in-app purchases] "Venmo may not otherwise be used to receive business, commercial or merchant transactions, meaning you CANNOT use Venmo to accept payment from (or send payment to) another user for a good or service."

Merchants have to pay a processing fee for non-cash purchases. Venmo does not charge the merchant a fee, as it is not designed for in person, retail transactions. Of course there are ways around this, but not in a gas station/merchant setting.

Can you use Venmo at a gas station? I have never heard of being able to do that. Maybe they got into her bank statements?

I just saw an article saying they conducted air and land searches today. I know Texas Search was getting involved in helping search, but these searches were performed by a considerable amount of different LE agencies. It made me wonder if they were just randomly searching on the ground areas between Auburn and Montgomery, or, whether they had more information and were searching specific regions? Did anyone else come across any articles on those searches today?

Dropping link for reference
Task force for Aniah Blanchard case conducts ground, aerial searches
Do any locals recognize where the picture of the dog and handler may be?
IMO it looks like the dog is alerting.

So after hearing Walt's interview I too have come to my own personal conclusion that this was random. The whole "she went out to meet a guy" makes no sense now considering the timeline. Is anyone aware of how far her brother's place is from her own? If she dropped him off at 11PM, she was then seen buying chips at 1130-ish at the convenience store. This part is important, IMO, because her family has stated that she always has a snack before she goes to bed. So she buys that snack, presumably to go home, then she texts her roommate stating she was with some unknown man, then her car is seen going the opposite direction of her home FOLLOWING that text.(I think? I feel like I remember hearing her car was seen after that Snapchat text.)

Do any of you remember Kelsey Smith's murder? She went to go buy a birthday gift for her boyfriend at a Target and disappeared. They finally caught her killer because security footage showed a blur of a man rush toward her and force her into her car as she was returning to it. I have a feeling that's what happened to Aniah after she left the store.

Yes! Upthread I mentioned Kelsey. I feel like it was random, or even someone who followed them from the funeral possibly? But they saw an opportunity to attack her - maybe in the middle of her messaging her roommate? But I wonder why no more info being given to the family or no other camera footage?

From Venmo's website:

[with the exception of in-app purchases] "Venmo may not otherwise be used to receive business, commercial or merchant transactions, meaning you CANNOT use Venmo to accept payment from (or send payment to) another user for a good or service."

Merchants have to pay a processing fee for non-cash purchases. Venmo does not charge the merchant a fee, as it is not designed for in person, retail transactions. Of course there are ways around this, but not in a gas station/merchant setting.

I don’t think this means it doesn’t happen. I have used Venmo at a gas station/bodega in NYC area and they specifically told me to mark the transaction as “private.” You can choose to not publicly share transactions.

Can you use Venmo at a gas station? I have never heard of being able to do that. Maybe they got into her bank statements?

I just saw an article saying they conducted air and land searches today. I know Texas Search was getting involved in helping search, but these searches were performed by a considerable amount of different LE agencies. It made me wonder if they were just randomly searching on the ground areas between Auburn and Montgomery, or, whether they had more information and were searching specific regions? Did anyone else come across any articles on those searches today?

Dropping link for reference
Task force for Aniah Blanchard case conducts ground, aerial searches
Interesting that in this video at the .34 mark there are concrete blockades that I’ve repeatedly said appeared to me to be the source if the damage to her vehicle. These may be lower but I believe some just like this only higher are the source for the damage to her car. JMO

I can’t remember which interview it was that said the specific on the email, can you? I want to link.
Her mom says it’s a Venmo payment at the Chevron, and that the email confirmation of it is what led family to think she had been at Chevron, so they asked LE to check (then footage was found). Why would there be an email from a debit card purchase? I’ve never used Venmo at a convenience store so I thought this was wrong, but Walt says that’s how he gave her money earlier in the day so maybe that is what she primarily uses?
in one interview he said he Venmo’d, in the mmr he says he gave her money without specifying how.

My understanding is that it is not immediate. That was one of my points with her possibly not buying more than $2.17, maybe she didn’t have access yet.
I don’t think this means it doesn’t happen. I have used Venmo at a gas station/bodega in NYC area and they specifically told me to mark the transaction as “private.” You can choose to not publicly share transactions.

I believe LE is very purposely holding onto A LOT of information, to include CCTV

I agree but they obviously want to know who did this and if there is some sort of footage of a person following her one would think they'd release something to help them get an arrest. I think they have so much evidence in the car that points to her being deceased that's why they have released certain details about that.

I can’t remember which interview it was that said the specific on the email, can you? I want to link.
in one interview he said he Venmo’d, in the mmr he says he gave her money without specifying how.

My understanding is that it is not immediate. That was one of my points with her possibly not buying more than $2.17, maybe she didn’t have access yet.
It’s in the CS with Nancy Grace podcast. Mom talks about getting into her email and finding the Venmo purchase around 23:00. She says “we couldn’t get into her Venmo, well we got into her email and saw the Venmo purchase for $2.17 and we couldn’t figure out what it was.” They ask police to go to the Chevron to see if there’s video, and they say that’s when they see her on video buying a bag of chips.

Is there video surveillance from Montgomery apartments? Wondering if the perp’s car was there all along, highly unlikely AB ‘s car was randomly parked there. I have a feeling this is bigger than we think considering the amount of agencies involved. I pray they give this family answers soon.

Is there video surveillance from Montgomery apartments? Wondering if the perp’s car was there all along, highly unlikely AB ‘s car was randomly parked there. I have a feeling this is bigger than we think considering the amount of agencies involved. I pray they give this family answers soon.

Can't post it here, but a woman claiming to be a resident at the Park Place apartments, has stated several times on SM that the cameras at the complex are not operational. Same for the gate.

I wonder if this could be a case of something as innocuous as college students out drinking and driving. Like... maybe some college students got behind the wheel after drinking too much and ran AB off the road. Perhaps she was seriously injured and bleeding so heavily that the students who caused the accident panicked, dumped her body at the accident site, and then one student drove her car to the parking lot in Montgomery where it was left behind. The other student(s) in the car could have followed a distance behind and picked him/her up?

This scenario seems incredibly far fetched and unlikely even to me, but I suppose it’s possible. The students that ran her off the road could have responded to her roommate’s snap with the message about this mysterious “Eric” person. (I’m totally just spitballing here.)

Regardless, nine times out of ten, the “scene of the crime” (and the only scene we currently know of is the location of the car) is an area the perp is extremely familiar with — he/she may have lived there in the past, or maybe a family member or close friend lives there now, or maybe he/she lives nearby. IMO, the person(s) responsible for AB’s disappearance likely lives closer to Montgomery than they do Auburn.

Can't post it here, but a woman claiming to be a resident at the Park Place apartments, has stated several times on SM that the cameras at the complex are not operational. Same for the gate.

Is there a traffic light/camera between i85 exit and park place apt? Or close to the apt exit to show any cars leaving after her car arrived. There has got to be more video footage than the one of the license plate (when leaving auburn toward Montgomery). Signs are pointing to car jacking due to damage especially on passengers side (she could have been trying to swerve toward the side instinctively to hurt the passenger). That type of damage would definitely be loud, also possible sign of desperation/intense fear. Just pray for answers.

So if this was random the question we have to figure out the answer to now is "Where did the abduction take place?" because didn't someone point out previously in this thread that there are cameras everywhere in the parking lot Chevron? You would think they would have had something on footage whether it being she was followed out of the store, followed in the parking lot, or someone getting into her vehicle, you'd think they would have some sort of description. I wonder if she made a stop somewhere else that no one knows about.
Based on my visit I only saw two, maybe three cameras outside. Many more inside.

Is there a traffic light/camera between i85 exit and park place apt? Or close to the apt exit to show any cars leaving after her car arrived. There has got to be more video footage than the one of the license plate (when leaving auburn toward Montgomery). Signs are pointing to car jacking due to damage especially on passengers side (she could have been trying to swerve toward the side instinctively to hurt the passenger). That type of damage would definitely be loud, also possible sign of desperation/intense fear. Just pray for answers.
At a minimum there is a photo weigh station on the way to Montgomery and on the way back I believe. They should be able to get license plate info from these weigh stations I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper