Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted at one tie that the tires on her car showed signs of having been driven off road - dirt road evidence.
I still think she is in the Tuskegee forest. Lots of places there for someone to hide anything.
I keep coming back to the forest as well, especially since they were already on S. College and it looks like her car maybe have been spotted again about an hour later at 12:30 on the same road (coming back from the forest?). I opened up google earth to look at the old fire tower that we used to go to as college kids. There is nothing out there, the only reason to go is to be in the middle of nowhere (for all kinds of reasons, I’m sure, but ours were usually pretty tame) and to get a great view of the stars. It’s about 12 miles outside of Auburn on google earth. I have no reason to think it’s important in this case, it’s just one of my main landmarks in the forest.

I noticed while looking that there is a decent-sized body of water closer to Auburn and closer to the road. Less than 5 miles from Auburn and less than 300 feet from the road, with no real road access but a clear dirt road path. It looks like a place I’d want to search, but then, if you zoom out, you realize how many thousands of places there are to search. It’s completely overwhelming, and that’s just if she’s in the forest.

IF IY was involved in prostitution aka trafficking, it’s quite possible that’s what he was doing in Auburn that night.

At his prior arrest in February he was captured with a female who had prior arrests for prostitution. I would bet that was the “guise” for the crime they committed. Prostitution robbery.

I didn’t realize it but apparently trafficked girls are moved from city to city. I found this article very interesting about the Alabama area specifically and how this happens. It’s slightly off topic. It’s a great in depth article about the issue, how it’s being handled and what needs more attention.
An APR News Special: "Selling Kids: Human Trafficking in Alabama"

For some of the survivors, their trafficker started out as a stranger.

“He drugged me and I woke up in a hotel room, naked, on a bed, and had no idea how I got there or anything,” said “Ace,” who was trafficked along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

“So, if I can find five girls who are in Atlanta on Monday, and Birmingham on Tuesday, and Chattanooga on Wednesday, that’s something we would consider a strong indicator of trafficking,” said Gary Warner, director of the UAB Computer Forensics Research Lab in Birmingham.

The trafficking roadshow Warner is describing typically starts in Atlanta. From Atlanta, the next step is often interstate 20, which runs from Georgia west into Alabama. It also splits into I-59 running between Birmingham northeast to Chattanooga. Warner said those stretches of highway have already earned a reputation among human trafficking support groups.

If that’s true, the total could be closer to 12,000, just in Alabama, just in 2017. Lim said the point is that authorities know what they know, but that's it.

When it comes to sex trafficking in Alabama, Warner said Alabamians are more likely to use the web to arrange hook-ups. Particularly in larger cities like Mobile, Birmingham and Huntsville.

“[It's] largely because we don’t have the same organized crime structure as some of the larger cities,” Warner said.

Teresa Collier says she concerned familial trafficking in Alabama isn’t just an issue—it could very well be the issue.

Who first realized she was missing? The roommate the next morning realizing she never made it home? Or the family she drove the kids to school for?
In the Nancy Grace podcast, her mom says she got a call from Aniah’s brother in the morning saying that she didn’t come home. She says, “I said ‘what do you mean she didn’t come home?’ and he said, ‘we don’t know, her roommate said she didn’t come home and we can’t get in touch with her.’”

But why would the police be referring to an accomplice as a witness? I don't understand how they would be getting a deal that included getting to be referred to as a witness? Especially not before they reveal where Aniah is.

I don't know. Do they typically call them sn accomplice if they've struck a deal and need protection?

From the article:

“He walks in as if he’s the victim,” Elijah said. “I’m sitting here looking, and he walks in and looks like he’s just gutless. He has this dark look on his face. He acts like he’s the person who’s been wronged. Like he’s been held for something he doesn’t know anything about.

“To see something like that, to know that he’s contacted your baby girl, it takes everything you have in you not to try to do something to that young man because he has hurt something that’s a part of you.”

I just watched a dateline episode on a 20 year old who was missing in SC. They never found her body, just her car. But they convicted, successfully, her ex-boyfriend and his wife of her kidnapping. Both got 30 years. I wonder if they will proceed with kidnapping charges just to get the ball rolling.

❤️

Where are you much loved Aniah?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am more than ready for a scenario like this ...

"Still don't want to talk to us, matey? When we have proof of this and this and this? Well that is okay, we now have a probable cause order from the courts to inject this little vial of truth serum into your veins."

I am sick and tired of the right not to speak in case you incriminate yourself, when a potential murderer can just not tell anyone where their innocent victim is. Are we all not just enabling him again?

Last edited:
It was posted at one tie that the tires on her car showed signs of having been driven off road - dirt road evidence.
I still think she is in the Tuskegee forest. Lots of places there for someone to hide anything.

This has been my thought, all along. Lots and lots of land and area to hide there. I'm sure they've done a thorough search..but that's my inlicination, as well.

I just watched a dateline episode on a 20 year old who was missing in SC. They never found her body, just her car. But they convicted, successfully, her ex-boyfriend and his wife of her kidnapping. Both got 30 years. I wonder if they will proceed with kidnapping charges just to get the ball rolling.
Yes that is the Heather Elvis case we spoke of couple of days ago. That case took a very long time and several trials...

• View attachment 214833

View attachment 214834

View attachment 214836

View attachment 214837

❤️

Where are you much loved Aniah?[/QUOT. What lovely plctures.She was always smiling. I hope she is brought home soon, her families need to lay her to rest. IY needs to be brought to justice ( by cop or crook) this man as got away with who knows what 15 years or more. I just don't know what took so long. If he had been given due process when his crimes happened these families would not be going through this. Shame on anyone who slapped his hand instead of doing the right thing.

Besides the woods, wondering if there is a large bridge over water where the perp/s may have tried to roll Aniah, perhaps missing the water and closer to the base (foundation) of the bridge?
speculation, imo.

We know her car is a 2017 Honda CR-V. Has it ever been said which trimline and if it has 4x4 capability?

It is an all wheel drive.

"Well, the CR-V is not an off-roader, the on-demand AWD is really for a bit of extra traction and stability in the wet or on dirt and gravel."

Honda CR-V 2017 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member