Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas EquuSearch is leaving. I was so hopeful they would find her. Crushing.
Texas EquuSearch heading home heavy-hearted as Auburn teen still missing

Oh no! That is heartbreaking news. I was so hoping TES would find Aniah.

It's always around this point into an investigation that I get nervous that the victim will not be recovered. There are so many missing people that are never found. IY isn't talking, and he might never disclose the details. It's so hard to lose a child, but to not be able to have that closure of knowing one way or another and be able to bury your loved one is almost worse IMO. My heart aches for Aniah's family.

That was a short trip, I was expecting them to stay longer. :(
Yes that does seem like a rather short trip. I know it would be nothing short of a miracle but I wonder. Could LE have been given reason to believe she is still alive? Could that have something to do with the recent gag order? Oh how I hope and pray. I would love to see a happy ending. I think with all the recent bodies being found we r do for another live and relatively safe. Prayers up.

It was a short trip.Theys people have lives to get back to. That may sound calse,but they have jobs, familys to get back to.I think they spend their on money on travel and lodging. These men and women are heros in my eyes.

Last edited:
It was a short trip.This people have lives to get back to. That may sound calse,but they have jobs, familys to get back to.I think they spend their on money on travel and lodging. These men and women are heros in my eyes.
Actually I just looked at their website and oh my gosh I think they go from case to case with no break. Looks like there has been 1 every week for the last 3 months at least. Bless their hearts what a selfless tough and honorable job.

Yes that is the Heather Elvis case we spoke of couple of days ago. That case took a very long time and several trials...

And they were successful, regardless of the bumps in the road. Huge kudos for the gigantic balls on those seeking justice for her. Heather's body's still not found, so I'd say good call on the kidnapping charges, better that small victory than none.

Such heartbreaking news about TXEQ. I am just sick at the idea of her not being found, knowing that someone knows where she is. Maybe IY will give some information once he is faced with a trial and the potential sentence? Maybe more evidence is still being processed? Where are the additional arrests? I know everyone is doing their best, this is just so frustrating.

Actually I just looked at their website and oh my gosh I think they go from case to case with no break. Looks like there has been 1 every week for the last 3 months at least. Bless their hearts what a selfless tough and honorable job.

They are so wonderful and selfless to do what they do. What an exhausting job!

It does look horrible you’re right. You have an obligation to report that crime. Anxiety, adrenaline etc are all normal in a situation like that. I’m being honest- how would it make you feel to know that she was murdered because you didn’t report it till 2 weeks later?
I need to put my tuppence of opinion in here.
There are no rights or wrongs in this situation of this witness coming forward or not or even when because unless and until you are ever unfortunate enough to take a walk in their shoes , then sat safely behind a keyboard in the comfort of your own home, you could not possibly ever imagine the fear that some people justifiably feel.
I speak from first hand witnessed experience when a case I was investigating involved 40+ doormen who were all heavily armed, traveled in a convoy to a specific location where it was known that the person who they had a ‘beef’ with, would be.
Once there, which incidentally it was a pub on a Sunday afternoon filled with patrons young and old, families with children etc , a handful went into the pub whilst the rest stood guard outside, and ‘hacked’ a man to death in front of his wife and children and the pub customers and staff.
They had on no facial covering or balaclavas and they did not deface or cover up the CCTV cameras such was their confidence that nobody would give a witness statement to the Police, stating what they saw . And they were so sure that if anybody did, that they would soon be persuaded by whatever means necessary, not to give evidence in court .
Out of many ,many witnesses, 1 , just 1, came forward and she stated that it was the biggest mistake of her life.
Even though all sorts of measures were put in place to protect her, she had no option but to go into ‘witness protection ‘ which if you aren’t aware , means total separation from every person who has ever been in your life including parents and siblings etc
It means a whole new identity in a whole new city away from everyone and everything that you have ever known.
Did they find her, of course they did .
But it didn’t stop there. Her family home was firebombed and razed to the ground. Her parents and grandparents were continually subjected to threats . Her brother was kidnapped and left for dead . I could continue but I think my message is clear enough. This was an exceptional circumstance but it does happen and none of us can know how we would feel if we witnessed Amiahs kidnapping because none of us know what the perpetrator/s is or are capable of ( albeit we have already got an idea ) and we don’t know if there was any kind of relationship between the witness and the perpetrator/s and how identifiable they would be.
So please have some compassion if you don’t already have, for the unknown situation that this witness was in .
Yes it could well be that it may have saved Amiahs life ( if in fact she’s dead ) but contrast this with the thought that the witness could be signing a death warrant for his/her own family members and think of the torture the witness may have felt ,weighing up what to do . Either way, this witness is in a lose lose situation because whatever they do or don’t do, they have to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives so it’s potentially not just Amiahs life ruined and that of her family and friends but also the life of the witness and their family and friends. Food for thought people .

I think the only way LE could track down witnesses would be from the camera footage inside the store. If the witness was the suspect's accomplice, then I think that they would have been interacting inside the store or making it obvious that they knew each other on some level. If they were the person driving the silver car, then the police wouldn't have been initially seeking the suspect in a silver car. I think that all signs point to the witness being a random person in the wrong place at the wrong time....MOO
Hi LE have the facility to access the technology available to do a ‘data dump’ of all the mobile phone numbers active in a specific mast location at any given time. It’s a long winded way of investigation and it relies upon the registration of mobile phones as opposed to ‘burner ‘ phones but this method of investigation can be used to support other information that LE are in possession of and therefore, collaboratively, it will potentially help to ID other witnesses bearing in mind the time of night that this occurred and the reduced footfall of people around.

Yes that does seem like a rather short trip. I know it would be nothing short of a miracle but I wonder. Could LE have been given reason to believe she is still alive? Could that have something to do with the recent gag order? Oh how I hope and pray. I would love to see a happy ending. I think with all the recent bodies being found we r do for another live and relatively safe. Prayers up.
Oh I would love to hope this. Anybody ever experience LE saying one thing-fatal injury- and it not being true?

From what I read, TES didn’t leave due to lack of resources. They said the community had come thru with everything they asked for. They said they would stay as long as they were being productive. They also said they’d be back immediately when there are new leads with new places to search. I’m guessing they searched everywhere they could. Idk if that’s a good sign or a bad one.
Anyone familiar with this type of gag order...would that be a reason they had to leave? Bc LE couldn’t give them any more info?? If so, that sucksssss!!!

Haven’t read every post to every thread regarding this but- did see in local news (I live in North AL) that Beth Holloway (mother of missing Natalie Holloway after senior year Aruba trip) is helping with search. Can only assume that it is due to it being eerily similar with major possibilities for trafficking. Regardless, Beth knows how these things go and I’m sure will be of great assistance.

Oh I would love to hope this. Anybody ever experience LE saying one thing-fatal injury- and it not being true?
I think they said “life threatening” correct? Which would mean prompt response and treatment would be needed in order to potentially have a good outcome. Many people survive life threatening injuries with the proper treatment and rapid response. It’s really hard to say in Aniah’s case without knowing what exactly he injured if someone other than a specialized physician could fix her.
Fatal injury would mean immediate death from that injury.

From what I read, TES didn’t leave due to lack of resources. They said the community had come thru with everything they asked for. They said they would stay as long as they were being productive. They also said they’d be back immediately when there are new leads with new places to search. I’m guessing they searched everywhere they could. Idk if that’s a good sign or a bad one.
Anyone familiar with this type of gag order...would that be a reason they had to leave? Bc LE couldn’t give them any more info?? If so, that sucksssss!!!
Ugh well they certainly can’t do their job without info.
Just another reason why I am not fond of gag orders. Everything goes cold as have many of the other threads here on WS that I follow that r stuck on a gag order because we ran out of things to say...moo

It truly is.

The article also references the gag order. I understand the need to ensure the accused is afforded a fair trial but couldn't it have waited until Aniah is found? It makes me mad. As far as I'm concerned, he can have his gag order when he admits where she is.
BBM
YES THIS
Victim always first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads