Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone explain why the 77 year old was robbed?
IMO, the two robberies that he has been involved in (that we know of) were not random - it seems like they were targeted because of what they had. The two men at the hotel were robbed of a Rolex watch, rifle, handguns, wallets, credit and debit cards, clothing and cash. Prior to that he robbed two other men, and took $2,700 in cash, two wallets, a $50 money order, a cellphone, and a Gucci watch. Since the beginning I've struggled to figure out how Aniah fits into that pattern.

IMO, the two robberies that he has been involved in (that we know of) were not random - it seems like they were targeted because of what they had. The two men at the hotel were robbed of a Rolex watch, rifle, handguns, wallets, credit and debit cards, clothing and cash. Prior to that he robbed two other men, and took $2,700 in cash, two wallets, a $50 money order, a cellphone, and a Gucci watch. Since the beginning I've struggled to figure out how Aniah fits into that pattern.
I’m not doubting this, but I just haven’t read about the other robbery. Can you link for me?

Last edited:
Last edited:

If he thought a college student buying a bag of chips with her card would have money, he was mistaken.

I cant help but wonder if there is a cash machine inquiry on Aniah's bank cards soon after she was abducted. Maybe Aniah being forced to show the perp that there was little/no money in her accounts - so she couldn't supply him with even the cash machine withdrawal limit.

I notice that Aniah wears a little jewelry ... probably not hugely valuable in a monetary way.

Other than that I see this as a sex crime.

I’m not doubting this, but I just haven’t read about the other robbery. Can you link for me?
It's mentioned here and here. Not many details - I'll see if I can find more.

"He first appeared to run afoul of the law in April 2011 when he was charged with two counts of first-degree robbery. Yazeed, and three other unnamed co-defendants, robbed two men at gunpoint of about $2,700 in cash, two wallets, a $50 money order and a cellphone at the Good Night Inn on West South Boulevard, according to court records.

Those cases were ultimately dismissed by a grand jury."

"He first appeared to run afoul of the law in April 2011 when he was charged with two counts of first-degree robbery. Yazeed, and three other unnamed co-defendants, robbed two men at gunpoint of about $2,700 in cash, two wallets, a $50 money order and a cellphone at the Good Night Inn on West South Boulevard, according to court records.

The other assailant they caught appears to be a transexual prostitute as well

Thank you! I hope that was a short search to find especially since I missed some of those details but now remember those articles!

I wonder why the co defendants were unnamed.?
I guess I’ll search that hotel for reviews.

I am wondering if there could be a connection between IY and AB’s roommate. There is a photo of the roommate where she has significant bruising on her arm where her veins are (on the inside of her arm where her elbow joint is). Based on my background working with individuals using substances, it looks to me like the sort of bruising one would get from shooting heroine. I believe IY has had charges related to drugs in his past. I can’t help but wonder if there is a connection here. Of course, I really hope I am wrong. This concern of mine is compounded by AB’s mother’s interview where she said she was worried about AB prior to her going missing, and it makes me wonder if she had some concerns about her daughter’s roommate/possibly the roommate’s lifestyle detrimentally impacting her daughter. Moo...

That is not the roommate. Two different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh