Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping they have ruled out family DNA already. Seems like they could determine her brother's DNA just based on her DNA profile, if his was the second DNA in the car they were testing.

Also I went to Auburn (though it has been a while) and I never knew anyone that went to Tuskegee, but definitely people went to Southern Union. Or as it was called then, the onion. I considered it a very safe city, and the gas station isn't off the beaten path. I honestly would have not thought twice about going there alone then or even now (well before Aniah). It does make sense IY was at that hotel for some reason and decided to carjack her for use of the vehicle to get back to Montgomery. I did read somewhere (not sure where now) that he was driving a van that belonged to his father. Anyone have a link for that? or know if that is the case?

Aniah Blanchard update: Judge orders DNA test, denies bond to Ibraheem Yazeed

"Beaver questioned Mixon closely on the witness, who has not been publicly identified. Mixon said he was staying at a nearby hotel and walked into the store at roughly the same time as Yazeed. The witness, Mixon said, had seen Yazeed previously. Mixon said the witness returned to the hotel after witnessing the kidnapping, and told a female companion about it. 'She told him it was none of his business and to stay out of it,' Mixon said. ... Beaver asked Mixon about the witness' criminal history. Mixon said he had reviewed it and that 'all I saw was a few misdemeanors.'"

Where did he see IY previously? At the hotel, gas station? So now I'm also wondering if this guy was not merely a guest at the Clarion Hotel ...

9e1e9d6e-a15c-47d5-b522-2d6a261484ab-AP19324639482869.jpg

57d624ea-3b45-4d37-b452-169bcaa10947-Ibraheem_Yazeed2jpg.jpg

11a77619-7746-46e0-9e2d-668c19e3d24c-SCP_0901.jpg

961d76d9-debb-44a2-98b8-76a32b7b7ae3-Ibraheem_Yazeed1.jpg

Moo It makes you wonder if Aniah wouldn’t have been home with her family by now if the witness had notified police immediately after witnessing her abduction. :(
I still can’t believe someone witnessed what happened and did nothing. I know it’s hard to say what you would do if you haven’t been in that situation, but I just can’t believe that I wouldn’t call police after the fact, once I was felt safe. How heartbreaking for all involved.

There isn’t anything in the car that has been linked to Yazeed at this point, so I guess there were no fingerprints. If the DNA doesn’t match, then all they’ve got is the eyewitness testimony and video of him watching her in the store. Unless I’m missing something? Hopefully the eyewitness is rock solid.

Aniah Blanchard abduction witness cried over not coming forward, detective testifies at Ibraheem Yazeed hearing

That was my concern also. If the DNA doesn't match, and there is no other corroborating evidence, the DA's office may be in trouble. Given that he has been charged many times previously, but the charges were dropped, this is HIGHLY concerning!!

Last edited:
Can someone pull up a map with the gas station & Clarion hotel? Did IY walk to the gas station? Was the silver/gray Lincoln unrelated to this Aniah's abduction? Or was that actually the vehicle the witness drove? I wish LE would clarify this so we can discard that early statement. I t would also tell us whether he had a partner in crime or acted alone that night.

That’s my theory too... I don’t know one woman that would say don’t get in involved. However I can’t imagine someone saying that if they were somewhat knowledgeable or familiar with gangs or doing something illegal themselves saying that.
Better yet, was the guest a pimp or even a john? This could be a problem for prosecutors.

That's what I am thinking...a john.

Can someone pull up a map with the gas station & Clarion hotel? Did IY walk to the gas station? Was the silver/gray Lincoln unrelated to this Aniah's abduction? Or was that actually the vehicle the witness drove? I wish LE would clarify this so we can discard that early statement. I t would also tell us whether he had a partner in crime or acted alone that night.
I don't know how to link a map but yes you could walk. They are next to each other. 1577 S College St is the hotel and 1599 S College is the Chevron.

Does anyone know if the bar is still in the hotel? Back in my Auburn days the hotel had a bar, Benji's I think was the name.

Where did he see IY previously? At the hotel, gas station? So now I'm also wondering if this guy was not merely a guest at the Clarion Hotel ...
I’m thinking that bc it said the witness & IY entered the gas station roughly the same time, that the witness had seen him before. Witness & IY entered gas station at the same time - IY exited as Aniah was walking in - by the time Aniah had checked out & walked out of said gas station, witness & IY had already exited the gas station - witness sees IY push Aniah in the car - witness recognized his jacket as the man he had just previously seen inside the gas station. MOO but I believe that’s what they meant.

Here ya go. Ignore my handwriting. Fingers on phone I’m working with.

Attachments

• 7234ADAB-F5CC-49F4-8341-105B1DB83AEA.jpeg
    7234ADAB-F5CC-49F4-8341-105B1DB83AEA.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 137
  • 969A9FB1-3011-4A86-95F7-299072B588F0.png
    969A9FB1-3011-4A86-95F7-299072B588F0.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online