Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have already tested it against the brother’s dna and ruled him out, along with any other innocent males who were in the vehicle in the days prior to her kidnapping. Just moo
The DNA could be brother, father,stepfather. I just hope some of the male DNA belongs to IY. His DNA should not be there. I hope if his DNA is found he knows he is caught and gives up here location ( I doubt it, but that is my hope.) Anybody know how long a DNA test takes to get results? I am sure a rush will be put on it.

I still can’t believe someone witnessed what happened and did nothing. I know it’s hard to say what you would do if you haven’t been in that situation, but I just can’t believe that I wouldn’t call police after the fact, once I was felt safe. How heartbreaking for all involved.

The DNA could be brother, father,stepfather. I just hope some of the male DNA belongs to IY. His DNA should not be there. I hope if his DNA is found he knows he is caught and gives up here location ( I doubt it, but that is my hope.) Anybody know how long a DNA test takes to get results? I am sure a rush will be put on it.
Aniah's car was found on October 25 and I think the DNA results confirming it was her blood were released on November 7th, so that took about two weeks. Not sure if it actually took that long - maybe it took longer because they had to find a good DNA sample of hers to compare it to, or maybe they knew earlier but didn't release the information? I hope they get the results ASAP.

I still can’t believe someone witnessed what happened and did nothing. I know it’s hard to say what you would do if you haven’t been in that situation, but I just can’t believe that I wouldn’t call police after the fact, once I was felt safe. How heartbreaking for all involved.
Yes! I feel like it’s even more heartbreaking that she (possibly would have) had a chance!!

OMG. TMZ released an article. There was blood of two different people in the car. I have a feeling she fought back.

“As for the case against Yazeed, prosecutors say they found blood from TWO people in Aniah's car and they want to get a DNA sample from Yazeed to see if he's a match.”

Aniah Blanchard Abduction Witness Says Wife Told Him 'Stay Out Of It'

I too attended Auburn, although it's been a while. I do think it's more common now for kids to attend Southern Union but live in Auburn with their friends from high school. I know several students that are currently doing this. Auburn now even offers the opportunity to take Southern Union classes on Auburn's campus but at Southern Union prices. I spent 7 years in Auburn total for undergrad and grad school, and I never once knew anyone from Tuskegee or Montgomery.
Maybe the apartments where my daughter and niece lived that had a lot of non-AU residents because they were cheaper. They lived in the first complex on the left on Longleaf Drive (The Social - Auburn, AL - "10 shootings a year"). My daughter was at AU 2010 through 2014 and she only lived in this complex for one year. Two football players and one other person were killed at the complex across the street while she was in those apartments and then two years later a freshman player was killed there (Three killed in shooting near Auburn varsity https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12026702/auburn-tigers-freshman-jakell-mitchell-killed-shooting). We also considered renting in the complex on S College just north of the Chevron. One reason we didn't was the number of break-ins they were experiencing. Most of these complexes have changed names over the last several years. You can probably guess why.
As relevance to the AH abduction, this just helps people understand the environment near the Chevron station.
My apologies if my perspective is bit askew due to our experiences when my daughter was living in that area. The nicer apartment complexes are probably much safer.
MHOO (my honest opinion only)

Its proximity could play a piece in the case. Nothing directly ties it in, but with so little info to go on, it's one direction to think.

IY has been living in MONTGOMERY. He is not a student anywhere. Tuskegee students living in Auburn are usually just the vet school students. There really isn't any other connection to this case.

I too attended Auburn, although it's been a while. I do think it's more common now for kids to attend Southern Union but live in Auburn with their friends from high school. I know several students that are currently doing this. Auburn now even offers the opportunity to take Southern Union classes on Auburn's campus but at Southern Union prices. I spent 7 years in Auburn total for undergrad and grad school, and I never once knew anyone from Tuskegee or Montgomery.

I didn't mean to upset anyone with my comment about students from other colleges living in off-campus apartments in Auburn. We are an Auburn family - I am an Auburn graduate and my son is now as well. I was just stating what we learned when he rented an apartment right next to the Chevron station four years ago - all residents had to be students, but not necessarily at Auburn. My son had a roommate from Southern Union and knew of Tuskegee students in the complex. Just our own experience. I was sharing to say that it was POSSIBLE non-Auburn students lived in off-campus housing - nothing more! Doesn't look like any of this really even matters after the hearing today and learning it was a random event.

I wonder if the woman was a prostitute that the guy was with - they called her "the woman he was with" and NOT his wife/GF etc. Perhaps he did not want to draw attention to where he was/what he was doing and she told him to mind his business anyway. Maybe there is a connection there? Not many woman would tell someone to mind their own business if they witnessed another woman being forced into a car by a man.
Just a thought...

Last edited:
I didn't mean to upset anyone with my comment about students from other colleges living in off-campus apartments in Auburn. We are an Auburn family - I am an Auburn graduate and my son is now as well. I was just stating what we learned when he rented an apartment right next to the Chevron station four years ago - all residents had to be students, but not necessarily at Auburn. My son had a roommate from Southern Union and knew of Tuskegee students in the complex. Just our own experience. I was sharing to say that it was POSSIBLE non-Auburn students lived in off-campus housing - nothing more! Doesn't look like any of this really even matters after the hearing today and learning it was a random event.
No worries! I am not upset at all. Things can definitely change. I just really wanted to share my knowledge of Southern Union students living in Auburn. I think it is becoming more and more prevalent. The university is actively encouraging students to take SU classes on AU's campus. I heard a commercial for it during the AU basketball game the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper