Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes - I will be shortening this up a bit....

Wednesday, June 3rd:
*Preliminary Hearing (Lee County-Aniah) (@ 1:30pm ET) - AL – Aniah Haley Blanchard (19) (last heard from Oct. 23, 2019 text with friend, Auburn, Lee County; car found early morning hours of Oct. 24 along South College St; officially reported missing Oct. 24, 2019; found Nov. 25, 2019 near Highway 80 near Shorter, Ala., which is about 25 miles east of Montgomery, Macon County off County Road 2 near New Hope Baptist Church several feet into the woods.) – for *Ibraheem Yazeed aka Laquetta Nicole Lamar, Ibraheema Yazeed, Ibraheen Yazeed (29) arrested & charged (11/7/19) with 1st degree kidnapping & charged (12/4/19) with 2 counts of capital murder (kidnapping & use of a deadly weapon while victim inside a vehicle). Held with no bond. DA will seek DP.
Previous crimes & court info from 11/10/19 thru 11/20/19 reference post #389 here:
Found Deceased - AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

12/2/19 Update: Now charged with capital murder. Also DA intends to seek the death penalty. Aniah was shot to death. Also due in Montgomery County court Thursday, 12/5. He is scheduled to appear for a bond hearing at 8:30 a.m. in reference to his February first-degree kidnapping and attempted murder charges.
12/4/19: Yazeed is now charged with 2 counts of capital murder (kidnapping & use of a deadly weapon while victim inside a vehicle). The DA will seek DP. No ruling on gag order yet. The Judge took it under advisement & should have decision in a couple of days. Judge Bush found probable cause to send Yazeed’s case to the grand jury. He also denied bail for Yazeed after hearing his motion for bond reconsideration & approved a motion to collect a DNA swab from Yazeed for evidence comparison.
3/4/20 Update: Preliminary hearing set for 4/13/20. 4/13/20: Due to the coronavirus, the preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 6/3/20.
5/14/20 Update: Trial in Alabama will not start up again until after September.

Lee County: Yazeed is now charged (4/20/20) with 2nd degree assault in connection with the 3/23/20 incident at the Lee County Detention Center. 3/23/20 Incident: Yazeed was being assisted back to his cell following a shower. Yazeed allegedly then refused to enter his cell & was given several verbal commands to enter his cell. Officers continued to give verbal commands & Officer Carroll gave him one while having his taser out & he refused to enter his cell. Officer deployed his taser & Yazeed continued to be combative & resisting. Allegedly began swinging his fists and kicking at officers. Tased several more times & had no effect on him, so officer struck him with their batons. A fourth & fifth corrections officers responded to assist & while attempting to gain control of Yazeed, Yazeed bit Officer Dunlap on the lower left leg. Assault on a first responder, including correction officers, is automatically a felony. Preliminary hearing on 5/27/20. 5/27/20 Update: Lee County judge Steven Speakman found probable cause for Yazeed Wednesday on the assault charge & will send the case to a grand jury. Yazeed will be back in court on June 3rd for the preliminary hearing in the capital murder case of Aniah.
Montgomery County case: Yazeed was out on bond on charges of attempted murder & 2 counts of 1st degree kidnapping, 2 counts of 1st degree robbery & possession of marijuana in connection with a January 2019 crime. According to court records, two male victims – one of them 77-years-old - were held against their will in a hotel room (SureStay Motel) in January 2019 on the 1200 block of Eastern Blvd. The older man was beaten until “unconscious, unresponsive, severely injured and near death” & robbed of a Rolex, rifle, handguns, wallet, bank card, clothing & unknown amount of currency. The other man was also beaten and robbed of at least $40. Bond was $295K has been revoked (12/5/19).
12/5/19 Update: Due in court for bond hearing in reference to the January 2019 of 1st kidnapping & attempted murder charges. Preston Presley did not oppose the judge’s order for bond revocation, reserving the option to revisit the issue if the counts in Lee County were dropped. The Montgomery case is currently bound over for grand jury consideration.
*Antwon “Squirmy” Shamar Fisher (35) was arrested & charged (11/22/19) & arraigned on (11/25/19) with first-degree kidnapping. No plea entered yet. $50K bond. Preliminary hearing on 12/18. 12/17/19: Charges dismissed “with prejudice” by Judge.
*David Lee Johnson, Jr. (63) arrested (in Montgomery) & charged (11/25/19) with hindering prosecution. $7500 Bond (released 11/25/19). Hearing on 1/3/20. No update on court site thru 6/6.

Attorney: State cannot prove Ibraheem Yazeed kidnapped Aniah Blanchard in Lee County

June 3, 2020
A judge bound the cases against Ibraheem Yazeed, the man accused of kidnapping and killing Aniah Blanchard, over for grand jury consideration despite arguments by his attorney that prosecutors can't prove she was kidnapped in Lee County.
[.....]
A probable cause warrant filed in court revealed Yazeed told an acquaintance Blanchard "went for the gun." Yazeed now faces the death penalty for two counts, one in connection to Blanchard's kidnapping and another for shooting her inside her car.

During a preliminary hearing Wednesday, Detective Josh Mixon with the Auburn Police Department testified to the timeline of the night, starting with the time Blanchard dropped her brother off at his residence in Auburn about 11:05 p.m. that night.
[.....]
Attorney William Whatley Jr., representing Yazeed, argued there was no evidence Blanchard was under duress during the time they appeared to be together, and therefore prosecutors cannot prove she was kidnapped in Lee County thus the cases were due for dismissal on the grounds of improper jurisdiction.
[.....]
Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes argued that by Yazeed giving a false name, that there was ill intent and that intent was enough legally to prove the case was appropriately being prosecuted in Lee County.

"She was lured under false pretenses," Hughes said.
[.....]
Judge Russell Bush listened to the testimony for about an hour and a half.

"I find probable cause exists that the kidnapping happened in Lee County," Bush said. "It will be bound over to a grand jury."

Yazeed will remain in the Lee County Jail without bond in the cases.

Saw the news and just came to see if this case was still being discussed
I am really surprised
by this BBM

New details revealed in Aniah Blanchard’s death

Mixon testified that Blanchard came into contact with Yazeed at a gas station and they left together, according to news outlets. Blanchard and Yazeed then stopped at a second gas station where he went inside and while she remained in the driver's seat. He returned to the passenger’s seat and they both left, Mixon said.

It does not say they knew each other before. How did it go from her being in the passenger seat to she grabbing a gun and being shot. so confused. So she was not forced into the car as previously stated?

Saw the news and just came to see if this case was still being discussed
I am really surprised
by this BBM

New details revealed in Aniah Blanchard’s death

Mixon testified that Blanchard came into contact with Yazeed at a gas station and they left together, according to news outlets. Blanchard and Yazeed then stopped at a second gas station where he went inside and while she remained in the driver's seat. He returned to the passenger’s seat and they both left, Mixon said.

It does not say they knew each other before. How did it go from her being in the passenger seat to she grabbing a gun and being shot. so confused. So she was not forced into the car as previously stated?
That news story is horribly written. All that matters is the Judge found it probable Aniah was kidnapped and sent the case to a grand jury. The defense attorney can argue Aniah was a willing participant all he likes, we know that's a lie. Victimize the victim, an age old disgusting defense tactic.

The truth will prevail and the piece of crap will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Yazeed's lawyer could not immediately be reached by PEOPLE, but reportedly said the young woman willingly let his client into her car, according to the AP, and said that because her car and body were found in other counties, there was not proof she was kidnapped in Lee County.

Judge Russell Bush found probable cause that the 19-year-old was indeed kidnapped, and sent the case to a grand jury, WRBL reported.

When reached for comment on the case, Hughes told PEOPLE, "I will let the testimony that came out in the preliminary hearing stand on its own."

Hughes told WRBL that the testimony on Wednesday was not a surprise to Blanchard's family.

"I’ve advised the family along the way, every step of the way about what’s going on," he told the outlet. "Nothing that they’ve heard today was a surprise, because I’ve kept them informed because they have a right to know.
"
Witness Says Man Who Allegedly Murdered UFC Fighter's Stepdaughter Dragged Body in Comforter: Police

That news story is horribly written. All that matters is the Judge found it probable Aniah was kidnapped and sent the case to a grand jury. The defense attorney can argue Aniah was a willing participant all he likes, we know that's a lie. Victimize the victim, an age old disgusting defense tactic.

The truth will prevail and the piece of crap will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Yazeed's lawyer could not immediately be reached by PEOPLE, but reportedly said the young woman willingly let his client into her car, according to the AP, and said that because her car and body were found in other counties, there was not proof she was kidnapped in Lee County.

Judge Russell Bush found probable cause that the 19-year-old was indeed kidnapped, and sent the case to a grand jury, WRBL reported.

When reached for comment on the case, Hughes told PEOPLE, "I will let the testimony that came out in the preliminary hearing stand on its own."

Hughes told WRBL that the testimony on Wednesday was not a surprise to Blanchard's family.

"I’ve advised the family along the way, every step of the way about what’s going on," he told the outlet. "Nothing that they’ve heard today was a surprise, because I’ve kept them informed because they have a right to know.
"
Witness Says Man Who Allegedly Murdered UFC Fighter's Stepdaughter Dragged Body in Comforter: Police

Okay thank you.

Definitely not blaming Aniah. Even if she willingly left he still killed her. I just trying to understand.

Actually now I reread the words it is the defense attorney's interpretation she willingly went. The cop just said they left together. That could mean many things.

Well at least they aren't doubting Yazeed was the one she was with.

And hmmm, that witness imo should be slap with at least something but I guess they got bigger fish to fry.

So I watched the video of the preliminary hearing that took place on June 3rd and from my understanding she gave him a ride from the first gas station to the second. The witness that “saw him forcing her into the vehicle” I guess didn’t add up and he just saw them interacting outside of the gas station. I’m going to watch it again because all of this is confusing

So I watched the video of the preliminary hearing that took place on June 3rd and from my understanding she gave him a ride from the first gas station to the second. The witness that “saw him forcing her into the vehicle” I guess didn’t add up and he just saw them interacting outside of the gas station. I’m going to watch it again because all of this is confusing
Welcome to Ws m.lee9!

Happy Birthday beautiful Aniah! I hope you are watching over your mother on her first birthday without her baby girl.
a9eb0db8ce903f1c4f91f25b5ead6d1f.gif

The "man" is a monster, imo. rbbm.
High-profile felony suspect, Ibraheem Yazeed, charged with murder in 2018 Montgomery cold case
''Updated June 25 at 4:12 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The Montgomery County Cold Case Unit has handed down a new murder charge for Ibraheem Yazeed in a 2018 homicide. He’s charged with shooting Stephen Hamby to death in a wooded area off Maxwell Boulevard near the Salvation Army.

District Attorney Daryl Bailey says on Dec. 1, 2018, Stephen Hamby and Geraldine Talley, who were both homeless at the time of the shooting, were shot multiple times. Hamby was pronounced dead on the scene. Talley was shot in the face and recovered, later dying of natural causes.

Investigators cite newly-discovered witnesses and the re-examination of evidence collected at the scene developed Yazeed as a suspect in Hamby's murder.

FHH24BVHANFNZGUNKIAZO3ALQU.jpg

Ibraheem Yazeed is charged with attempted murder, two counts of first degree kidnapping and two counts of first degree robbery. (Source: Montgomery County Detention Facility)
“There is a sense of peace that he will not be able to harm anybody else’s child,” said Angela Weldon, Hamby’s mother.

High-profile felony suspect, Ibraheem Yazeed, charged with murder in 2018 Montgomery cold case
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The Montgomery County Cold Case Unit has handed down a new murder charge for Ibraheem Yazeed in a 2018 homicide. He’s charged with shooting Stephen Hamby to death in a wooded area off Maxwell Boulevard near the Salvation Army.

District Attorney Daryl Bailey says on Dec. 1, 2018, Stephen Hamby and Geraldine Talley, who were both homeless at the time of the shooting, were shot multiple times. Hamby was pronounced dead on the scene. Talley was shot in the face and recovered, later dying of natural causes.

Investigators cite newly-discovered witnesses and the re-examination of evidence collected at the scene developed Yazeed as a suspect in Hamby's murder.

Ibraheem Yazeed is charged with attempted murder, two counts of first degree kidnapping and two counts of first degree robbery. (Source: Montgomery County Detention Facility)
“There is a sense of peace that he will not be able to harm anybody else’s child,” said Angela Weldon, Hamby’s mother.

Victim's mom's name is Angela too, I bet there is more murders under his belt. Maybe they have his DNA now. Moo of course.

I’m not surprised. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more coming.

Oh geez - I'm going to run into 2 pages for this guy on my info sheet....

Thanks for the update dotr! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back