Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a link to the thread for Kellie Ann Hughes (the homicide victim identified in article). AL - Kellie Ann Hughes, 31, fatally shot in woods after 911 call, Jefferson County, Dec 2019
This is a dangerous world for sweet and kind people. It seems that we have done our children a disservice in teaching them that everyone is the same and if they just show kindness everything will be better. It is excellent to have empathy for others but it is essential that we are very cautious especially with strangers. One of my daughters will listen to me about this but the younger one just cuts me off and lectures me.

Her roommate is not summer. They are 2 different people. The person who she sent the snaps to was her roommate.
MOO, I was meaning that information may have been quickly communicated from family or the roommate to many others in the initial effort to locate AB. That info could have been altered and supplemented by others. Young people can share information instantaneously these days. A lot of apparently wrong information is still out there because of this. I think those tweets about meeting a boy were just part of this and may have originated with what AB's brother said.

In MOO, yes, I think so. If I were IY’s legal counsel, I would for sure follow websites like this one.
I would think they might follow just to keep a finger on the pulse of what might or might not stick with a jury, but you'd have to hope that any practicing lawyer would be able to piece together a defense as obvious as the ones we've theorized about here. If any of these ideas are new and surprising to lawyers in this case (on either side) then these people need new lawyers IMO.

Friday, January 3rd:
*Preliminary Hearing (in Montgomery County) (@ 9am ET) - AL – Aniah Haley Blanchard (19) (last heard from Oct. 23, 2019 text with friend, Auburn, Lee County; car found early morning hours of Oct. 24 along South College St; officially reported missing Oct. 24, 2019; found Nov. 25, 2019 near Highway 80 in Shorter, Ala., which is about 25 miles east of Montgomery, Macon County off County Road 2 near New Hope Baptist Church several feet into the woods.) - for *David Lee Johnson, Jr. (63) arrested (in Montgomery) & charged (11/25/19) with hindering prosecution. $7500 Bond (released on 11/25/19).
12/9/19: First hearing set for 12/13. 12/13/19: Next preliminary hearing on 12/20/19. 12/20/19: Preliminary hearing continued to 1/3/20.
*Ibraheem Yazeed (29) – Last hearing for Aniah re gag order on 12/4 & Montgomery County Case of 12/5. No update on court site thru 1/6/20.
*Antwon “Squirmy” Shamar Fisher (35) was arrested & charged (11/22/19) & arraigned on (11/25/19) with first-degree kidnapping. No plea entered yet. $50K bond. Preliminary hearing on 12/18. 12/17/19: Charges dismissed “with prejudice” by Judge.

Case against secondary suspect in Aniah Blanchard case heads to grand jury

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A Montgomery man who has been charged with hindering prosecution in the Aniah Blanchard kidnapping will have his case heard by a grand jury.

David Johnson, 63, was in court Friday morning, where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing. As a result, District Judge Tiffany McCord sent Johnson’s case to a grand jury.

During a preliminary hearing, a judge will typically determine if there is enough probable cause to move the case to trial.

Case against secondary suspect in Aniah Blanchard case heads to grand jury

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A Montgomery man who has been charged with hindering prosecution in the Aniah Blanchard kidnapping will have his case heard by a grand jury.

David Johnson, 63, was in court Friday morning, where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing. As a result, District Judge Tiffany McCord sent Johnson’s case to a grand jury.

During a preliminary hearing, a judge will typically determine if there is enough probable cause to move the case to trial.
Yes!

During a Monday afternoon briefing, Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes and the Auburn Police Division confirmed charges against 30-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed of Montgomery have been upgraded from Kidnapping First to Capital Murder. The cause of Blanchard’s death has been ruled a homicide by gunshot wound.

“In the interest of Public Safety, I can say the investigation has determined Ibraheem Yazeed to be the lone person responsible for Aniah’s abduction and her murder and he remains in Lee County jail without bond,” said Hughes.

Yazeed is slated to have an initial court appearance sometime this week.

TIMELINE OF EVENTS IN ANIAH BLANCHARD CASE:

Wednesday Night – October 23: Blanchard is seen on video at the Chevron Gas Station along South College Street in Auburn, Alabama. The video is the last known image of Blanchard.

Thursday – October 24: Blanchard is reported missing to the police by her family. Investigators say Blanchard’s SUV is seen traveling in the early morning hours along South College Street in Auburn, Alabama.

Friday Night – October 25: Blanchard’s black Honda CR-V SUV is recovered at Park Place Apartments in Montgomery, Alabama. The vehicle has been damaged. Evidence is recovered from inside the vehicle.

Thursday – October 31: Police confirm for the first time publicly evidence taken from inside the SUV tested by the Department of Forensic Sciences indicates Aniah Blanchard has been harmed and is a victim of foul play. A “life-threatening” amount of Blanchard’s blood was discovered in the vehicle.

Monday – November 6: Police ask public assistance in identifying a person of interest seen on surveillance video inside Auburn Chevron gas station along South College Street at the same time as Blanchard. Investigators say Yazeed was in the store purchasing an alcoholic drink when Blanchard walked in and Yazeed turns and noticed her as he got change. Investigators say they located a witness who claims he saw Yazeed push the teen into her vehicle and drive off.

Tuesday – November 7: 30-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed of Montgomery named as the wanted suspect in the Kidnapping of Aniah Blanchard. Yazeed is taken into custody in Pensacola, Florida at 11 p.m.

Friday – November 22: Second suspect in disappearance of Aniah Blanchard arrested identified as Antwon Fisher, AKA Squirmy, charged with Kidnapping 1st degree. Investigators say Fisher provided assistance to Yazeed by providing transportation to Yazeed and disposing of evidence.

Monday – November 25: Human remains suspected to belong to Aniah Blanchard located in Macon County.

November 25: Prosecutors confirm 63-year-old David Johnson Jr. was arrested and charged with Hindering Prosecution in Montgomery. An affidavit indicates David Johnson Jr. lied to investigators about Yazeed’s actions after Blanchard vanished. The affidavit alleges detectives discovered later Johnson III, the son of Jonson Jr., drove Yazeed to Florida and Johnson Jr. later admitted he knew Yazeed was wanted the first time officers came to the residence and that he saw Yazeed leave with his son.

Wednesday – November 27: The Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences confirms remains located along County Road 2 in Macon County belong to 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard. The positive identification comes 35 days after the quest to find Aniah began.

Monday – December 2: 30-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed charged with Capital Murder in the kidnapping and murder of Aniah Blanchard. The state announces it will seek the death penalty.

News 3 will continue to update you. on this developing story.

Capital Murder charges filed against Aniah Blanchard’s suspected killer

I’m confused. Didn’t we already know this?

Yes, this is an old article, but dated 1/8. We heard about this back on 12/2.... that is why the article says he is due in court some time this week. Which he did appear on 12/4.

edited to add - I've looked thru 1/12/20 & nothing shows for a court hearing for Yazeed or Johnson. Yes, I looked in both Lee & Montgomery counties.

Yes, this is an old article, but dated 1/8. We heard about this back on 12/2.... that is why the article says he is due in court some time this week. Which he did appear on 12/4.

edited to add - I've looked thru 1/12/20 & nothing shows for a court hearing for Yazeed or Johnson. Yes, I looked in both Lee & Montgomery counties.
Hmm i’m Seeing posted 12/2 and updated 12/9. Weird but wouldn’t be surprised if he goes before grand jury this month.

I know they had a memorial service but it does not seem like they had a funeral yet, I don't see any obituary.

Elijah and Yashiba Blanchard, Aniah’s father and step-mother, sent ABC 33/40 this statement:

“The Blanchards are thankful for the continued prayers and support for our family as we seek justice for Aniah and honor her name and legacy. One being an officer of the court, they respect the court’s standing gag order against the accused in the Aniah Blanchard case and support the integrity of the judicial process. They hope state legislators utilize their resources and power to enact legislation during the upcoming session that protects citizens in similar circumstances by withholding bond for those accused of certain heinous crimes.”

Proposed bill inspired by Aniah Blanchard would limit who qualifies for bond

Snipped from article

State Senator Cam Ward is the one proposing this bill, but this is something local leaders have been pushing for quite some time. You may remember, a year ago, Mobile Public Safety Director James Barber brought a similar bill to Montgomery.

Snip

“What happened to her should not have happened. That maniac should have been held without bail until trial and tried on that original case instead of released only to complete the murder the second time,” said Barber.

Senator Cam Ward of Alabaster wants to make bond revocation mandatory. Denying a bond for people who have been arrested for certain crimes: murder, first-degree rape, first-degree sodomy, sexual abuse, sexual torture or human trafficking.

Snip

“We are trying to deal with 21st-century threats with a 1901 constitution and times have changed. The dangers have changed, weapons have changed. In order for us to protect people, we should have our day in court so we can show the possibilities of likely to re-offend,” said Barber.

Snip

Ward said he plans to file his bill when lawmakers go into session next month, on February 4th. Barber said he believes that this time the bill will have major support to push it forward.

Local leaders weigh in on proposed bill inspired by Aniah Blanchard to revoke bond for violent offenses

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back