Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But that's the entirety of the kidnapping case as far as we know, right? Some guy says he saw it (and didn't tell police)?

It seems like it would be simple for IY to say that the witness is wrong, and that he obviously didn't force AB into her car because she let him walk around to the other side, let him get in the passenger side of the car (why not just lock the doors and drive away?), drove him to another location, didn't drive off when he got out there, and let him back in the car. I'm not saying I think he's not guilty, but I think it's reasonable to be nervous about the case until we know they have more than we've heard about.
So he shoves her into her car, grabs her wallet and threatens her with him going and killing her family if she tries to drive away?

Thank you @Tupelohoney for the info on DJ.

Can you post the link "where" you found this item; I would like to see if I can access it. TIA! :)

and
welcome-group3.gif
!!

Can you find anything on IY? He's in Lee County & Montgomery County sites.
His last hearing in Lee County was 12/4 re gag order & on 12/5 in Montgomery County.

Blanchard’s family and state Rep. Merika Coleman of Birmingham pledged to fight for changes in Alabama law to protect others. They promised to advocate for the creation of an Aniah Blanchard Alert for missing people between the ages of 18-64. While Amber Alerts and Silver Alerts are used to tell the public about missing children and senior citizens, law enforcement doesn’t have such an option for other adults.

Several leaders in local and state government sent to Blanchard’s family resolutions passed in her honor. Homewood Mayor Scott McBrayer declared Dec. 21, 2019 as Aniah Blanchard Day.

Bill Cleveland, superintendent of Homewood City Schools and a friend of Blanchard’s family, said the school system will establish an annual scholarship in Aniah’s memory.
Loved ones celebrate life of slain Alabama college student

So damn unnecessary, I wonder if this guy has any remorse, they should play this over and over in his cell. This was the first case I really got involved in and it hurts. I could only imagine what her family is going through and many others who lost their lives by monsters.

Also weird comment, so forgive me, but are women more at risk when they have a vehicle? I feel the last cases I have been following here, they almost always have a car.

It doesn't matter if she reached for his gun or not. She had every right to do so. That doesn't give him the right to kill her if this was a car jacking to begin with. JMO

I hope you don't think that I'm implying that I think she has any fault at all, because I certainly don't. He deserves to rot in hell. I hope the prosecution is ready to bury him.

So damn unnecessary, I wonder if this guy has any remorse, they should play this over and over in his cell. This was the first case I really got involved in and it hurts. I could only imagine what her family is going through and many others who lost their lives by monsters.

Also weird comment, so forgive me, but are women more at risk when they have a vehicle? I feel the last cases I have been following here, they almost always have a car.
I think it would be unusual for a woman not to have a car these days. But I think a female college student who doesn't have a car and lives on campus would be less likely to be out away from campus alone, so therefore would be less likely to be a victim of crime. I guess that would be true for anyone (no car = less risk), but they would also have less freedom (except maybe in some cities like NYC), so it's a risk vs reward thing.

Thank you @Tupelohoney for the info on DJ.

Can you post the link "where" you found this item; I would like to see if I can access it. TIA! :)

and
welcome-group3.gif
!!

Can you find anything on IY? He's in Lee County & Montgomery County sites.
His last hearing in Lee County was 12/4 re gag order & on 12/5 in Montgomery County.
It is www.alacourt.com. The state court website for attorneys to track their cases. It is a pay site. IY Lee Co. kidnapping case bound over to grand jury, not anything new on Capital cases & Montgomery cases bond revoked.

That murder definition is very broad, doesn't matter if Squirmy killed her and not IY. It also doesn't matter if "she went for the gun"

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-5-40

(a) The following are capital offenses:

(1) Murder by the defendant during a kidnapping in the first degree or an attempt thereof committed by the defendant.

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-6-2

(a) A person commits the crime of murder if he or she does any of the following:

(3) He or she commits or attempts to commit arson in the first degree, burglary in the first or second degree, escape in the first degree, kidnapping in the first degree, rape in the first degree, robbery in any degree, sodomy in the first degree, aggravated child abuse under Section 26-15-3.1 , or any other felony clearly dangerous to human life and, in the course of and in furtherance of the crime that he or she is committing or attempting to commit, or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant if there be any, causes the death of any person.

That murder definition is very broad, doesn't matter if Squirmy killed her and not IY. It also doesn't matter if "she went for the gun"

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-5-40

(a) The following are capital offenses:

(1) Murder by the defendant during a kidnapping in the first degree or an attempt thereof committed by the defendant.

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-6-2

(a) A person commits the crime of murder if he or she does any of the following:

(3) He or she commits or attempts to commit arson in the first degree, burglary in the first or second degree, escape in the first degree, kidnapping in the first degree, rape in the first degree, robbery in any degree, sodomy in the first degree, aggravated child abuse under Section 26-15-3.1 , or any other felony clearly dangerous to human life and, in the course of and in furtherance of the crime that he or she is committing or attempting to commit, or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant if there be any, causes the death of any person.
So the key to the prosecution is to show that IY abducted her. It would be interesting if those snap chat messages were the deciding factor in showing this. If they were sent in the time frame between the two gas stations, the use of the name "Eric" would indicate deception regardless if she or IY sent the messages. I don't think a jury could be convinced that she intentionally gave a false name. I think any effort by the defense to besmirch her name would backfire, but they will probably try. Her friend's character will probably be referenced. She probably needs to go ahead and start getting mentally and emotionally prepared for that now.

So the key to the prosecution is to show that IY abducted her. It would be interesting if those snap chat messages were the deciding factor in showing this. If they were sent in the time frame between the two gas stations, the use of the name "Eric" would indicate deception regardless if she or IY sent the messages. I don't think a jury could be convinced that she intentionally gave a false name. I think any effort by the defense to besmirch her name would backfire, but they will probably try. Her friend's character will probably be referenced. She probably needs to go ahead and start getting mentally and emotionally prepared for that now.

You mean Summer? wasn't the info she posted second hand information? I could see they calling the roommate for sure.
But how would Summer fit into it? I just realized the lawyer also has the name Elijah and the initials EB as her brother and father.

You mean Summer? wasn't the info she posted second hand information? I could see they calling the roommate for sure.
But how would Summer fit into it? I just realized the lawyer also has the name Elijah and the initials EB as her brother and father.
I expect the defense team will try to imply that AB had similar behaviors as her friends. I don't know how they would introduce information such as tweets, but I assume they can call whomever they want as a witness.

Her roommate is not summer. They are 2 different people. The person who she sent the snaps to was her roommate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back