Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the same thing up thread
Makes no sense. His father is arrested for lieing to police. He transports IY and gets no charges, Really?
Can't prove connection to crimes. Can't prove he knew IY was a suspect. Was made an offer he couldn't refuse. Made a deal to give up location of IY. Till will tell maybe.

Please don’t take this wrong or that I am complaining or blaming. I’m trying to understand the gag order. Since it was put in place and since Aniah’s remains being identified I have noticed her parents speaking in a public way. Has something changed with the gag order?

Please don’t take this wrong or that I am complaining or blaming. I’m trying to understand the gag order. Since it was put in place and since Aniah’s remains being identified I have noticed her parents speaking in a public way. Has something changed with the gag order?
JMO I don't think anything has changed in the gag order. LE can not really stop her parents from speaking out, what's he going to do, arrest them? Talk about carrier suide.

As I understand it, the gag order never applied to the parents. It applied to LE, the suspects and their attorneys. Maybe witnesses too. After Aniah’s parents spoke to Dr. Phil, the defense attorney asked that the gag order be extended to Aniah’s family, but the judge has not yet ruled on that. I believe the judge has said he will rule on that motion at the next hearing (dec 4?). Since then, the family has been laying low, but now that Aniah has been found, how can they remain silent? But, everything I have seen from them lately has been about their grief, not about the case against the suspects.

I did my masters thesis on sex trafficking in the US. it is rampant in every community. It is wildly underreported and often times the victims are the ones being arrested.
Talking about abduction for sex trafficking, not just sex trafficking. How common is abduction for sex trafficking, how many cases per year in the United States?

As I understand it, the gag order never applied to the parents. It applied to LE, the suspects and their attorneys. Maybe witnesses too. After Aniah’s parents spoke to Dr. Phil, the defense attorney asked that the gag order be extended to Aniah’s family, but the judge has not yet ruled on that. I believe the judge has said he will rule on that motion at the next hearing (dec 4?). Since then, the family has been laying low, but now that Aniah has been found, how can they remain silent? But, everything I have seen from them lately has been about their grief, not about the case against the suspects.
I totally agree... how can they remain silent thanks for explaining.

The cause of death has not been released and the court has issued a media gag order until the preliminary hearing on Dec. 18. Ibraheem Yazeed, 30, is charged with kidnapping, while Antwon Fisher, 35, was arrested for providing transportation and disposing of evidence.

Earlier this week, David Johnson Jr. was charged with hindering prosecution and was released on bond; however, Yazeed and Fisher remain in custody based on their extensive criminal histories dating back several years.
Walt Harris posts emotional reaction to loss of Aniah Blanchard — ‘Nothing makes sense and I’m so lost’

Do you have a link to this? First I have heard of this. If true I guess that is the reason he has not been arrested.( I don't agree with it, but kind of understand)
I’m not finding anything about a “written statement” but he did give a statement. Here’s a good description of how things went down with the 2 Johnson’s. I’m just speculating here but I wonder if the younger Johnson had already agreed to work with LE (FBI, US Marshall’s, or Auburn Police) to set up IY and that’s how LE was able to know their location quickly and why the younger Johnson is not being arrested.

According to an arrest affidavit, police on Nov. 7 went to the home where 35-year-old Antwain Fisher, charged with first-degree kidnapping in connection to Blanchard's disappearance, lived with Johnson III. They'd received a tip that 29-year-old Yazeed, the first suspect charged with first-degree kidnapping in the case, had been at the Placid Drive home.
At the home, Johnson Jr. told police he saw Yazeed leave the home "with an unknown white female in an unknown vehicle."
Yazeed was discovered in Escambia County, Florida hours later. Officers then discovered that Johnson III drove Yazeed to the area, according to court records.

The younger Johnson was interviewed by Montgomery police the following morning where he allegedly admitted to driving Yazeed to Florida despite knowing he was wanted by police. He also told police that his father, Johnson Jr., knew Yazeed was wanted and witnessed the pair leaving for Florida, according to court records.
On Nov. 10, U.S. Marshals and detectives from the Auburn police department returned to the Placid Drive home for a follow up interview with Johnson Jr. He then allegedly confirmed what his son told officers, that he saw Yazeed leave with Johnson III, despite saying otherwise initially.

Suspect in Aniah Blanchard case lied about his son's involvement with another suspect, documents say

ETA: here it is

The younger Johnson was interviewed in the early-morning hours of Nov. 8 where he provided a written statement admitting to knowing that Yazeed was wanted by police and driving him to Pensacola. He also told investigators his father knew Yazeed was wanted and saw him leave with Yazeed in his car.

Man lied about son driving Aniah Blanchard suspect to Florida, records state

I totally agree... how can they remain silent thanks for explaining.

Her mom is an absolute mess right now. I watched a live stream of the Vigil that was held for Aniah in Auburn and Aniah's mother was there. She spoke on the microphone to everyone and was sobbing. I highly doubt speaking out in the media is the first thing on her mind right now after finding out her child is dead. She had so much hope that Aniah would come back alive. I don't think it is right to judge her for not speaking out.

Her mom is an absolute mess right now. I watched a live stream of the Vigil that was held for Aniah in Auburn and Aniah's mother was there. She spoke on the microphone to everyone and was sobbing. I highly doubt speaking out in the media is the first thing on her mind right now after finding out her child is dead. She had so much hope that Aniah would come back alive. I don't think it is right to judge her for not speaking out.
Oh please don’t interpret my question as judging. I even prefaced it as such. I am only trying to learn and ask a question. I was informed she is not under gag order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desireh