Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of UFC fighter's missing stepdaughter says 'this is completely out of character for her' | Daily Mail Online
The teen's best friend, [SW], spoke to Good Morning America on Monday morning as the search entered day five and said nothing was amiss the last time she spoke to Blanchard.

'This is completely out of character for her,' [SW] said. 'This isn't just something that she wanted to get up and run away.

GMA video (from above link)
Good Morning America on Twitter
7:39 AM (EDT) · Oct 28, 2019

In the GMA video, the reporter says Aniah did not identify the man she was with? Don't we know his name is Eric? I guess that could also mean her friend did not know any details regarding "who" Eric is, other than she met him on a dating website?

bbm

That's what I'm thinking. MOO

Homewood parents seeking answers in their 19-year-old’s disappearance
A tweet from Aniah’s friend, [SW], says Aniah was going to meet a man she met on a dating app.

I live in Montgomery, and these apartments are definitely not luxury, nor is the neighborhood. I have heard VERY little on our news about this tragedy. I travel between here and Auburn every weekend and yes, there is a stretch of 85 with construction going on and heavy concrete barriers. Looks like that is what damaged the car.
Skybar is owned by a drunk, sleazy guy who also owns bars here. He would definitely turn a blind eye to the reports of Skybar being a place where women get drugged - if this is true. But you can't tell college kids anything. They are invincible until something like this happens.
The route between Auburn and Montgomery passes through Macon county, famous for high crime and an unsolved murder from many years ago. Google Mont Highley. I hope this girl is safe, but there are so many places a person can go missing between Auburn and here. Ugh.

In the GMA video, the reporter says Aniah did not identify the man she was with? Don't we know his name is Eric? I guess that could also mean her friend did not know any details regarding "who" Eric is, other than she met him on a dating website?
I’ll have to look back but I don’t think that name was ever in msm. I think someone mentioned it here. I had heard it on social media by this friend as well.

The aunt is very well spoken. I also think she was holding a lot of information back. She wouldn’t even directly answer the question as to what agencies are involved.

Also embedded in the article is an Instagram link I had previously seen that was interesting but strange to me. Both sets of parents saying there is not a family sponsored , so please don’t give to that, but there is a PayPal account.

To those local... when I searched the distance from Homewood to Auburn the two routes offered were only about 10 minutes different. One route went through Montgomery. Is there any reason you would choose one over the other? One down 280 straight to Auburn , the other down 65 to Montgomery, then 85 to Auburn?

I drove 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery a couple weeks ago and it was raining and miserable actually. But I don’t remember much more.

Just thinking about which route she might normally drive. If she was familiar with Montgomery. Etc.

Also wondering why the brother didn’t drive to Homewood to get the mom and to the funeral. I’m sure there could be many reasons for that, but still one piece of the puzzle for me.

Attachments

• BD447C0A-3728-451F-9B5E-557A3FE08118.png
    BD447C0A-3728-451F-9B5E-557A3FE08118.png
    395 KB · Views: 14
To those local... when I searched the distance from Homewood to Auburn the two routes offered were only about 10 minutes different. One route went through Montgomery. Is there any reason you would choose one over the other? One down 280 straight to Auburn , the other down 65 to Montgomery, then 85 to Auburn?

I drove 65 from Birmingham to Montgomery a couple weeks ago and it was raining and miserable actually. But I don’t remember much more.

Just thinking about which route she might normally drive. If she was familiar with Montgomery. Etc.

Also wondering why the brother didn’t drive to Homewood to get the mom and to the funeral. I’m sure there could be many reasons for that, but still one piece of the puzzle for me.

We live in the Birmingham area (suburb adjacent to Homewood), and always take 280 to Auburn (we have a son in school there). My impression is that most people take 280 from here.

Curious about the life360 app. Would someone have to log out of the app or delete it from the phone for it to be considered disabled? I’m afraid my thoughts are leading me think she might have tried to access it to receive help and the perp might have seen it.

Hoping for a good outcome for Aniah and her family but with what we know so far I don’t think it’s looking good : (

Auburn PD just realized footage from Oct 23 on the City of Auburn’s YouTube.

Only 5 seconds long but it shows what she was wearing that night.

From the page:
The Auburn Police Division, as part of the ongoing joint investigation with the Montgomery Police Department, is releasing a snippet of a video capturing Aniah Haley Blanchard making a purchase at a convenience store located on South College Street, on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just prior to her vehicle being observed traveling south bound on South College Street.

Assisting with the investigation are the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Marshal Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department, Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Alabama Fusion Center and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

As a single woman, NO way would I drive that stretch of 280 alone at night. I believe Verizon has decent service through the area, but ATT (my carrier) is basically dead in most areas near alex city. I always prefer the highways, even if longer, there’s more people, easier to get help if needed. I’m not a local but dated a man who lives north of Montgomery and drove 65 to 85 most weekends. Imo

From the page:
The Auburn Police Division, as part of the ongoing joint investigation with the Montgomery Police Department, is releasing a snippet of a video capturing Aniah Haley Blanchard making a purchase at a convenience store located on South College Street, on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just prior to her vehicle being observed traveling south bound on South College Street.

Assisting with the investigation are the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Marshal Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department, Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Alabama Fusion Center and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

Key word "snippet". I'm hoping they have more video they are holding back for good reason.

Long article, more at link...
Aniah Blanchard’s father: Missing teen’s disappearance is ‘devastating’
“It’s devastating me,’’ Aniah’s father, Birmingham business owner [EB], told AL.com Monday. “It’s surreal. It does not feel real for a human being to be talked to one minute and vanish the next.”

Her father and stepmother, Birmingham attorney [YB], as well as her mother, [AH], and stepfather, UFC Heavyweight fighter [WH], have been pleading for information in their daughter’s disappearance.

This part from this article is odd to me: (BBM)

The video footage of her at a gas station in the early-morning hours does not match up with the Aniah they have always known. “Something just doesn’t sound right, and we can’t put our hands on it,’’ Yashiba Blanchard said. “Out of all four of our kids, she’s the first one in bed and the first one to get up. She is not out at 12 a.m. or 1 a.m.”

I wonder if they think she was being forced into taking money out for someone else at the ATM? Do we know the amount of money she withdrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24