Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This part from this article is odd to me: (BBM)

The video footage of her at a gas station in the early-morning hours does not match up with the Aniah they have always known. “Something just doesn’t sound right, and we can’t put our hands on it,’’ Yashiba Blanchard said. “Out of all four of our kids, she’s the first one in bed and the first one to get up. She is not out at 12 a.m. or 1 a.m.”

I wonder if they think she was being forced into taking money out for someone else at the ATM? Do we know the amount of money she withdrew?

Hmmm, yes, that quote does not quite jive with Aniah texting her roommate/friend around 11pm(?) stating she was with a male, and the roommate/friend believing she sounded fine. I also read that Aniah told her brother she might go out after dropping him off at home after the funeral. His response was something like-You shouldn't because it's late and you have to work tomorrow-
I wonder if it's simply a case of parents not really knowing what their teen's life is like (which is very common, imo) OR--Did Aniah have this "meeting" planned for awhile and was looking forward to it? Which would make sense that her roommate/friend was not surprised she was out that late. Maybe she brought the "going out later" scenario up with her brother to sort of feel him out on it? Or sort of like--hey, I know this is unusual for me so I'm sharing it with you in an excited way? The fact she went through with the meeting after being at a funeral earlier in another part of the state also lends me to think this was planned and she wasn't going to miss it. MOO of course. Edit for typo

Asking for anyone that might have seen her vehicle during the crucial time period. Auburn police have spotted it around 12:30 am 10-24 in south college street and 95 (I think he said) .

From the page:
The Auburn Police Division, as part of the ongoing joint investigation with the Montgomery Police Department, is releasing a snippet of a video capturing Aniah Haley Blanchard making a purchase at a convenience store located on South College Street, on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just prior to her vehicle being observed traveling south bound on South College Street.

Assisting with the investigation are the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Marshal Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department, Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Alabama Fusion Center and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

This part from this article is odd to me: (BBM)

The video footage of her at a gas station in the early-morning hours does not match up with the Aniah they have always known. “Something just doesn’t sound right, and we can’t put our hands on it,’’ Yashiba Blanchard said. “Out of all four of our kids, she’s the first one in bed and the first one to get up. She is not out at 12 a.m. or 1 a.m.”

I wonder if they think she was being forced into taking money out for someone else at the ATM? Do we know the amount of money she withdrew?
Ok, that video is interesting to me.
1. Is she wearing what they described? It does look like she has boots on but they aren’t what I call duck boots. Maybe I don’t know what they meant.

What she has on looks like a tunic to me. I can see a slit on the side I believe. Is this what they thought she was wearing or wore to funeral?

She looks like her card is visible and almost looks like she has papers in her hand abs phone in the other. I’m confused by all the stuff in her hands. No purse?

2. So they called this making a purchase just before she was seen on I 85. They said that the sighting on college and I 85 was 12:30. Debit card purchase was 11:20 (I thought) so is this after that? Where was she from 11:20 to 12:30?

Too many missing pieces to know!

The family almost sounds like they wouldn’t expect her to go out. I just bet they don’t know all that they think they do about her. Did she really meet a guy and when? If the Snapchat to friend happened and phone disabled by 11:56 yet this was just before 12:30 spotting, was it after 11:56?

I can’t tell you how many chargers my kids have bought from gas stations because they forgot theirs or it broke... that’s not the issue here I don’t think. She would’ve bought one I think. (Well now I’m wondering how much money she had) We know dad Walt Venmo’d her money for “food” at 9:30. Maybe she didn’t have enough to buy a charger and charge phone? I doubt that but who knows. The cords are about $5 and can plug to usb.

Was phone disabled completely, or just life 360 tracker? Maybe she just didn’t want mom/dad to know where she was? And then something happened?

8:30 left Homewood with brother
9:21. Walt Venmo’s money
11:00 Drops brother Elijah off
11:20 Debit Card used location pinged by LE (in Auburn)
11:57 phone turned off (went dark)
12:30 car spotted on college and I 85

My biggest question - was communication with Roomie via text only. That could imply someone else sent it if so. The reporter in the story with mom on phone leads the question by saying she “talked to Roomie” but mom calls it Snapchat.

Maybe......maybe not. I have different theories on that aspect. But she was more than likely still in the car for at least part of the drive there. Her car was seen on camera in Auburn heading towards I-85 IIRC. I'm not sure if LE knows who was driving. There are a lot of security cameras in that part of Auburn.

I've driven that route between Auburn and Montgomery several times, but it was earlier in the day or evening and there was a lot of traffic. And I haven't been through there in about 3-4 years. But at that time of the night during the week I can't imagine there were that many cars on the road. As awful as the thought is, I did wonder about the more isolated areas between the two cities....

I just can't see her letting a guy she didn't know well drive her car unless she was incapacitated in some way. That's always a possibility. She had already traveled a lot that day so driving to Montgomery that late seems like something she might not want to do voluntarily.

I also wondered if the guy she met had an accomplice.
That's my working theory at the moment.

Ok from this video:

*fbi are involved

*The video released today was from just before 12:00 am

*The reporter refers to a chevron station on college street (I assume where video from)
yes, possibly related to her meeting someone

*Asking for people who saw her, or vehicle to come forward

*Damage to vehicle included the mirror—( would that happen with concrete barrier? Seems the barrier would be too low. —my question)

Auburn PD just realized footage from Oct 23 on the City of Auburn’s YouTube.

Only 5 seconds long but it shows what she was wearing that night.

is this the chevron right here by I 85?
Chevron
2461 W Pace Blvd, Auburn, AL 36832
(334) 887-2266
Google Maps
It is time stamped 10/23. So LE says right before midnight.

1. Is she wearing what they described? It does look like she has boots on but they aren’t what I call duck boots. Maybe I don’t know what they meant.

What she has on looks like a tunic to me. I can see a slit on the side I believe. Is this what they thought she was wearing or wore to funeral?

She looks like her card is visible and almost looks like she has papers in her hand abs phone in the other. I’m confused by all the stuff in her hands. No purse?

2. So they called this making a purchase just before she was seen on I 85. They said that the sighting on college and I 85 was 12:30. Debit card purchase was 11:20 (I thought) so is this after that? Where was she from 11:20 to 12:30?

The family almost sounds like they wouldn’t expect her to go out. I just bet they don’t know all that they think they do about her. Did she really meet a guy and when? If the Snapchat to friend happened and phone disabled by 11:56 yet this was just before 12:30 spotting, was it after 11:56?

I can’t tell you how many chargers my kids have bought from gas stations because they forgot theirs or it broke... that’s not the issue here I don’t think. She would’ve bought one I think. (Well now I’m wondering how much money she had) We know dad Walt Venmo’d her money for “food” at 9:30. Maybe she didn’t have enough to buy a charger and charge phone? I doubt that but who knows. The cords are about $5 and can plug to usb.

Was phone disabled completely, or just life 360 tracker? Maybe she just didn’t want mom/dad to know where she was? And then something happened?

My biggest question - was communication with Roomie via text only. That could imply someone else sent it if so. The reporter in the story with mom on phone leads the question by saying she “talked to Roomie” but mom calls it Snapchat.
I’m unclear if what mom says (11:20) for last purchase is correct or if this is, or if this is in addition to 11:20.

Ok from this video:

*fbi are involved

*The video released today was from just before 12:00 am

*The reporter refers to a chevron station on college street (I assume where video from)
yes, possibly related to her meeting someone

*Asking for people who saw her, or vehicle to come forward

*Damage to vehicle included the mirror—( would that happen with concrete barrier? Seems the barrier would be too low. —my question)

How scary to know the suspect has the family’s address from her drivers license.

why would you think anyone has her license?

Attachments

• 39DEF8FF-6061-48C6-B705-BFD4D2CA683E.jpeg
    39DEF8FF-6061-48C6-B705-BFD4D2CA683E.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 108

As a parent to two girls close to her in age and in the same state, it is common for girls to not carry a purse. My girls never carry a purse. They just stick those card holders on the back of their phones and/or carry those wallet/key chain combinations. So, I don't find it unusual that Aniah wouldn't have a purse.

Also, where did she drop off her brother Elijah? Is he in school in at Auburn or Southern Union too?

is this the chevron right here by I 85?
Chevron
2461 W Pace Blvd, Auburn, AL 36832
(334) 887-2266
Google Maps
It is time stamped 10/23. So LE says right before midnight.

I’m unclear if what mom says (11:20) for last purchase is correct or if this is, or if this is in addition to 11:20.

why would you think anyone has her license?

Because they likely have her purse.

I don’t either find the purse odd. Many carry a crossbody if they are wearing something without pockets though.

Brother lives in auburn.
As a parent to two girls close to her in age and in the same state, it is common for girls to not carry a purse. My girls never carry a purse. They just stick those card holders on the back of their phones and/or carry those wallet/key chain combinations. So, I don't find it unusual that Aniah wouldn't have a purse.

Also, where did she drop off her brother Elijah? Is he in school in at Auburn or Southern Union too?

Last edited:
How scary to know the suspect has the family’s address from her drivers license.

Because they likely have her purse.

welcome to gavandimii.
I wanted to explain why I find this an odd comment. Maybe it’s just me. Most people’s addresses are readily available on white pages.com. We should all think that someone couldn’t get our address without a license.

@Ltiger4 , I’m still new too and get things wrong sometimes. I think we can refer to comments on media pages but we can’t discuss. So you might want to delete.

although you could bring up the idea of hers as an opinion or thought of your own. I wonder if, kind of thing.

I’m not the authority on rules yet, so all moo.

welcome to gavandimii.
I wanted to explain why I find this an odd comment. Maybe it’s just me. Most people’s addresses are readily available on white pages.com. We should all think that someone couldn’t get our address without a license.
Easy to find homeown
welcome to gavandimii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24