Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm having now had the family confirm she lived right by the chevron it makes the following timeline even more bizarre.

11:20 pm: Purchased chips at Chevron
11:30 pm: Communicated with roommate via Snapchat text ( note sent multiple messages)

So in the space of 10 mins of leaving the Chevron she or somebody used her phone to send multiple texts to her room mate, now that is an insanely short amount of time between the two events. If somebody had snuck into the car while she was in the chevron i would expect them to wait for her to get away from the chevron until shes on a more secluded part of a road before jumping over to the front or grabbing her from behind the drivers seat or what ever they may have done. Once they had done this they would then have to subdue her, there would have been some kind of struggle they would have had to then take her phone, unlock it and then send multiple texts all in the space of 10 mins? that sounds extremely bizarre to me.

Now that's assuming somebody got into her car immediately after leaving the chevron, now if she made to her apartment complex and something happened there then it would give the suspect even less than 10 mins to complete all of that.

I don't know man but that 10 min window from her making a purchase in the store to sending those texts is extremely bizzare.
It is odd IMO - was she snapchatting and driving - did she do this often? If not, and her phone didn't have a passcode, anyone could have seen who her last snap was and sent messages. So did she get in her car by herself at chevron, was anyone in the car already, did she sit in the car for 10 minutes texting, did she drive and text - just when did she meet with someone bad? If the Chevron is a busy place - I do think it is possible someone got in the car either before or followed her out - but they should have this on video - I'm beginning to think LE has a bit more than they have released. JMO

I don't believe so because it was her roommate in their apartment that the texts were being sent between that's the thing.

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with eric
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

That's not a conversation you would have outside your apartment with your room mate who's in the apartment.

What's also bizzare about those texts is when she says " im with eric" her roommate clearly has no idea who eric is because she asks " who's that" then replies with " i just met him" that just sounds very odd its self,

Exactly...which, for me, means it was either *not* Aniah -- because she would explain, not give some name she would have known meant nothing to her roommate...OR if it was Aniah, she was trying (under duress/being watched) to let her roommate know something was wrong.

I’m going to ask this here because it’s somewhat related to this case but I’m sure it happens more often. Mods if too OT, I apologize.

When I first looked up sex offenders in the area one came up I had interest in watching. The address said temporary and it was a hotel. Today I went back to link that search and he no longer shows up in the area. I can find him based on his name (because I screenshot it) but he does not show in the Auburn search although in comments of his profile it says he is in that area temporarily but permanent address is elsewhere.

Does anyone know how that works? I guess if you wanted to go back in time anywhere and see who was in an area at a particular time, it would not show because they moved? Are LE able to tell who was in an area at a particular time?

It is odd IMO - was she snapchatting and driving - did she do this often? If not, and her phone didn't have a passcode, anyone could have seen who her last snap was and sent messages. So did she get in her car by herself at chevron, was anyone in the car already, did she sit in the car for 10 minutes texting, did she drive and text - just when did she meet with someone bad? If the Chevron is a busy place - I do think it is possible someone got in the car either before or followed her out - but they should have this on video - I'm beginning to think LE has a bit more than they have released. JMO
Absolutely LE has more info. If I may quote Kenny Roger’s on this one...”You got to know when
Absolutely LE knows more info. Shall I quote Kenny Roger’s Gambler song?

This is a tricky one. A few things are bothering me...
Second thing regarding texts with the roommate. How would the guy know what she was sent on SnapChat warranted a response? Why would he even respond? Why not just let the snaps go? Why not just toss the phone? To me it doesn’t sound like a guy would say “I’m so so sorry”.
I agree with this. I actually do think it was AH sending those messages.

There appears to be two main areas for non gas pump parking at that chevron, both appear to be in rather sketchy spots when parked at during the night imo, I could see how somebody could have the chance to sneak into an unlocked car. That said a gas station like that would be a strange place to choose to do such a crime considering the chances of CCTV covering the lot is very high at a gas station.
IxOWIHy.jpg

qUyJZMB.jpg
This gas station would be considered pretty safe. This is a super heavily traveled area. If my daughter were stopping somewhere on South College, this would be the one I would have recommended prior to this situation.

I don't believe so because it was her roommate in their apartment that the texts were being sent between that's the thing.

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with eric
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

That's not a conversation you would have outside your apartment with your room mate who's in the apartment.

What's also bizzare about those texts is when she says " im with eric" her roommate clearly has no idea who eric is because she asks " who's that" then replies with " i just met him" that just sounds very odd its self,

I find this text exchange odd...everyone says that the Aniah they know would not meet up with a random
guy late at night. The roommate doesn’t seem startled or surprised when she says she’s with a guy she just met. She doesn’t ask more details about him, how they met or when she’ll be home or tell her to be careful. I’m leaning towards thinking something may have happened when she got home. Whether in the parking lot or in her apartment. Also a possibility it could be someone that knows her. An ex boyfriend, a fellow student. Someone that knew she had the life360 app on her phone...JMO

I don’t see any reason to believe the text exchange was faked or not Anaih. I believe she was indeed hanging out with someone who was named “Eric”. I’m confident LE has gone through her phone records and tracked down this person and that is why they are relatively quiet. This has such strong resemblance to Mackenzie Luecks case.

Another thing that is extremely bizarre about those text messages is why on earth would a suspect send messages to her friend implying that she has just met a random guy at 11:30 at night? For all they know she could have a boyfriend and sending such a message would ring even more alarm bells.

Another thing that is extremely bizarre about those text messages is why on earth would a suspect send messages to her friend implying that she has just met a random guy at 11:30 at night? For all they know she could have a boyfriend and sending such a message would ring even more alarm bells.

Good points but the message was in response to a text sent by a worried roommate.

This is a tricky one. A few things are bothering me...

She dropped her brother off around 11pm. Has this been confirmed? Does the brother have roommates? How do we know what time it was? Initially it was reported that Aniah mentioned maybe meeting up and brother suggested it was late and she had to work. Then we hear, no that didn’t happen, Aniah told brother she was going right home. So which was it and where did the first version come from? Then we hear it was brother who called parents in the morning. How did he know she was missing? Did work family call him? Why would they call him? Did roommate call him? Did he try to contact Aniah? What was so alarming that police were involved right away? Might this be why LE is tighter lipped with family?

Second thing regarding texts with the roommate. How would the guy know what she was sent on SnapChat warranted a response? Why would he even respond? Why not just let the snaps go? Why not just toss the phone? To me it doesn’t sound like a guy would say “I’m so so sorry”.

So she either met up with this person between 11 and 11:20 or between 11:20 and 11:30. If it was the former, this person stayed in the car and she obviously wasn’t threatened or she would have reached out to someone in the store. But how does she meet someone in prob less than 10min? Seems like if she just stopped off quick she would have said something like “I stopped quick to see Eric”. I guess to me “I’m with Eric” implies more than a few minutes. Just so confusing. Are they sure the time stamps are correct? How would “Eric” know she had Life360 on her phone? That would imply a more seasoned criminal IMO the avg person wouldn’t know to look for that. Who knew she had that feature on her phone?

Last thought is that everyone has described her as responsible and organized. Aren’t most girls smart enough not to meet someone they “just met” at 11pm? It just doesn’t make sense yet her roommate didn’t seem to bat an eye that she was with some random guy she’d never heard of?

I still just get the feeling that it's someone she knows and felt comfortable with. And that the person sent the snap texts, k owing how she speaks and the language she uses. Using Eric as a name to throw it off. I don't know, Ive been sitting with this for a while that this really might not be a stranger. The person may ha e known the roommate and known roommate would've been worried not hearing back and responded instead if letting the messages go. JMO

Unless they knew her personally...

One thing that just hit me, and IF the texts were sent by abductor, the snap coming may have reminded them that she might have location services on—- snap map— and her friend might be seeing where she was. Therefore they then responded to text. I wonder if location services were turned off on Snapchat? Or if they were ever on?

If any of the above happened would imply a younger perp I believe, and not homeless.
I find this text exchange odd...everyone says that the Aniah they know would not meet up with a random
guy late at night. The roommate doesn’t seem startled or surprised when she says she’s with a guy she just met. She doesn’t ask more details about him, how they met or when she’ll be home or tell her to be careful. I’m leaning towards thinking something may have happened when she got home. Whether in the parking lot or in her apartment. Also a possibility it could be someone that knows her. An ex boyfriend, a fellow student. Someone that knew she had the life360 app on her phone...JMO
I wonder if she had find friends with location on?

Good points but the message was in response to a text sent by a worried roommate.

In the tragic case of Hania Aguilar, the little girl was taken by an opportunist career criminal ****. Her parents were warming the car before taking her to school, and Hania who was inside the car, was taken with the car. She was raped and her body was found days later 10 miles out of town.

The car was found 5 miles out of town. Why? Because the perp needed to get back to where he was staying, closer to town. He was identified by DNA in the car.

Why didn't he torch the car and remove all evidence? Because there never was a plan, it was a crime of opportunity.

I see Aniah's case to be similar. I think if "Eric" was involved, LE would would be all over him and not saying what they are saying in the media. There is a digital trail.
Some type of fake Eric or catfishing scheme seems unlikely to end in murder, I'm not going there.

The fact that the car was found at an apartment complex many miles away suggests that the perp needed to get there. The fact that it wasn't torched suggests no premeditation and limited investigative knowledge. Aniah appears to be heading home that night rather than meeting someone. Something may have happened in the Chevron parking lot, or when she got home.

This really could be random. And the DNA left in the car will be critical. There might not be anything else to go by, other than the final location of the car, and finding the location where the car hit something.

NC - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, Lumberton, MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
I think you're right about the car being the key to this. The perp ended up home that night at some point. He either parked the car within walking distance of his home or his car; and he knew about this apartment complex and the fact the gate was broken.

I wonder if LE has been able to spot him walking away on any cameras in the vicinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24