Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Montgomery and have seen no search activity occurring. Wondering if anyone in the area (or in Auburn or anywhere in between) has seen anything?? Saw someone ask about bodies of water between Auburn and Montgomery. Yes. There are several. Mostly small creek beds but they are there. It’s mostly woods between the two cities. Not many populated exits despite being a heavily traveled stretch of interstate.

Can’t stress enough how important it is to share on social media. I work with people in Montgomery who live in Auburn/Opelika and had no idea who Aniah was when I brought it up today!!

I hope they are scratched up to hell & back too. I keep thinking every man, woman, mama, wife, girlfriend and friend needs to be checking every male they know for any scratches, etc. that happened when Aniah went missing. Someone knows the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.
Absolutely. If this is a murder, which I think is overwhelmingly likely, it appears to have been up close and personal.

I imagine the weapon was a knife, and can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be a struggle. He’s likely scratched to all hell.

My mind has been going to more than one person involved too because I think the crime happened at another location and that maybe the car was dumped at the complex. There is either more than one suspect or the suspect lives within walking distance to that complex and chose that area to drop the car off then walked on foot back home.[/QUOTE

Came in here to say the exact same thing. Someone either picked them up or was with them the whole time.

Absolutely. If this is a murder, which I think is overwhelmingly likely, it appears to have been up close and personal.

I imagine the weapon was a knife, and can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be a struggle. He’s likely scratched to all hell.

I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of a knife. Good point! If there was a knife involved, the perp(s) may have cuts from that as well. It would be great if every church, workplace, college, etc. would slip in a memo/announcement to think back to the days following Aniah's disappearance and try to remember if anyone they know had any scratches, cuts, bites, etc. and if their behavior was "off". Unless, of course, LE has their POI.

I hope they are scratched up to hell & back too. I keep thinking every man, woman, mama, wife, girlfriend and friend needs to be checking every male they know for any scratches, etc. that happened when Aniah went missing. Someone knows the person(s) responsible for her disappearance.
This could possibly be a female perp, although unlikely.Or did I miss something?

This could possibly be a female perp, although unlikely.Or did I miss something?
Sure, but I think that’s spectacularly unlikely.

What’s far more likely, is that the suspect is male, and probably injured.

Something violent appears to have occurred inside that vehicle, and perpetrators stand a good chance of being injured by the victim in that scenario.

Sure, but I think that’s spectacularly unlikely.

What’s far more likely, is that the suspect is male, and probably injured.

Something violent appears to have occurred inside that vehicle, and perpetrators stand a good chance of being injured by the victim in that scenario.
Yes, I agree it is most likely a male perp, but investigators are supposed to look at every angle as a possibility.

Yes, I agree it is most likely a male perp, but investigators are supposed to look at every angle as a possibility.
Yes, but focusing too wide can actually hinder an investigation.

That’s the whole basis of profiling (for instance). To narrow down the suspect pool.

It doesn’t mean you ignore other possibilities, but it can help direct your efforts.

Yes, but focusing too wide can actually hinder an investigation.

That’s the whole basis of profiling (for instance). To narrow down the suspect pool.

It doesn’t mean you ignore other possibilities, but it can help direct your efforts.
I am not arguing this just pointing out women can be violent attackers just as they can be sexual abusers.

I was thinking of the case that recently was solved of a woman that was killed in a violent attack and they suspected the fiancé but years later found it was the ex of the fiancé and she happened to be a police officer.
Sorry I can not remember the victims name.
Sherri Rasmussen, who was bit by her assailant (Stephanie Lazarus) in a struggle. Took a while, but DNA nailed her.

Murder of Sherri Rasmussen - Wikipedia

Agree that it was up close and personal, but I don't see a knife being used. To me, a knife suggests premeditation, or someone who is on the edge, and ready to use it on a stranger or someone they just met. Certainly a possibility.
There is evidence of foul play in the car, but killing someone with a knife in a car probably would result in blood splattered in the interior, possibly on the windows. Somebody found the car and probably peeked inside, and we haven't heard anything about that, which we might if there was visible evidence such as blood. People talk. But I guess we'll find out soon.

I would think Aniah suffered physical violence and strangulation, by someone in the car with her. This itself could result in evidence of a struggle in the car, and probably/possibly some blood etc, which LE has vaguely referenced.

BTW, the reward amount has gone up quickly. Someone in Montgomery knows someone that was out of town that night, that came back late, and may have scratches that can't be explained. Please collect that money.

Would they have even used the term foul play in this type of scenario if she was just assaulted in the car?
I don't think so, before they let this out to the public they had to speak to the family. They had make sure before they went public. I feel that abduction happened at the curb store or ar her apartment parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24