Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

Thanks, MT.

If that's the case, then I'm calling BS on that text.

That whole text sounds "artificial" to me.

And I don't know a single female who'd run into a gas station to buy chips on her way to meet up with a guy, regardless of whether his name is "Eric" or not.

JMO.

Based on the info we have it seems she had every intention of going home.

She expressed to her family (brother) she was tired, had to be up early in the morning, and was going right home.

She stopped at a gas station very close to her house to buy chips. (I agree wholeheartedly she wasn't buying salt and vinegar chips and then going on a date, it makes no sense. The point that she did drive towards her house after she dropped her brother off, stopped to get a snack indicates to me she was heading home after.

Within 10 minutes of the Chevron stop, texts were stating now she was meeting up with "Eric" or had already met up with him. That makes zero sense to me.

I think whatever happened must have happened within that 10-minute time frame. Either something happened at the gas station, on the way home, or even possibly when she got to her place.

Exactly what they found in that car to indicate harm - which they haven’t said yet - is a big deal. Some things could indicate she might be still alive...others not so much.

I thought about this last night... someone help me out...I don’t know a whole lot of specifics about the operations of trafficking so let me say that up front. I know what it is & that the ppl involved in doing this are the scum of the scum of the earth. However, if this is a case to do with trafficking - which everyone speculates it is based on the agencies involved (Homeland Security, Fusion Center, Marshalls, etc.) but they haven’t officially said - isn’t the whole point to keep her alive? Obviously she could have put up a hella fight & threw a wrench in that monster’s plan. But I just keep thinking about that coupled with the lack of info. Bc idk but I would think that as soon as that monster got wind they were onto them, they’d bolt with her & the cops don’t want THAT to happen. Idk...thoughts?

Traffickers want victims that are vulnerable with respect to mental state, exploitability, and lack of family or social support. They are typically targeted rather than random.

Aniah is a college student, seemingly well grounded, from a good family. And her stepdad is a MMA champion. Not a target of trafficking IMO.

Reward to Help Find Aniah Blanchard Increases to $80K

SABBM:

Along with Auburn Police, the investigation into Aniah’s disappearance is being conducted by the Montgomery Police Department, FBI, U.S. Marshals Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department,Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Alabama Fusion Center, and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences. The task force in charge of the investigation comprises of around <sic> 60 investigators.

Clearly, there are a lot of LE boots on the ground working to find Aniah.

This case absolutely will be solved.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Thanks, MT.

If that's the case, then I'm calling BS on that text.

That whole text exchange sounds "artificial" to me.

And I don't know a single female who'd run into a gas station to buy chips on her way to meet up with a guy, regardless of whether his name is "Eric" or not.

JMO.

I agree, and it was said the chips were salt & vinegar. Not exactly great for your breath when meeting a new guy. I think that snapchat convo reply and the name "Eric" is a red herring, trying to steer attention in a false direction. If that is the case, it may be someone known to Aniah and maybe even the roommate. We've heard no mention of a boyfriend, did she have one in the past?

The hour between the snapchat and car sighting is troubling. Does that mean she is somewhere close by, or in Montgomery? Has anyone heard LE mention whether tips are coming in?

Traffickers want victims that are vulnerable with respect to mental state, exploitability, and lack of family or social support. They are typically targeted rather than random.

Aniah is a college student, seemingly well grounded, from a good family. And her stepdad is a MMA champion. Not a target of trafficking IMO.
I agree, what about a premeditated kidnapping that involves Ransom.
Perp or Perps know who her step father is, maybe was even at funeral that day. Watching her...... Remember she was never alone until Chevron after dropping brother off.
They have her finally alone 1 in vehicle making her text roommate who is only one expecting her. They pull out she driving, maybe second perp following. She is a fighter she hits something trying to disengage passenger who then causes her harm which was not plan. Kidnappers panic foul play is now in effect. She is badly hurt, they panic. Dispose of her, try to hide car and clean their mess up.
Maybe there is a Eric but she cancelled that night.
Maybe kidnapper catfished as Eric. But if they forced her to respond to roommate they would of omitted the Eric clue.
Total speculation JMO
Kidnapping gone wrong. She put one hell of a fight.
No matter what happened she fought for her life.
What do you think of this theory?

One of the things that stands out to me is that with her vehicle having been found at that apartment complex, it's highly likely that the assailant either lives right in that area, i.e., close enough to get home on foot, or there was an accomplice who drove a separate vehicle there.
Uber/Lyft could be another option. Either called to the apt complex or within walking distance of apts.

This is what I keep going back to, especially if she did in-fact to go meet someone that night. If her purchase of the chips was made at 11:20pm and the Snapchat message exchange with her roommate was around 11:30pm, that really leaves a very small window of time for her to meet someone.

I only started to doubt that theory the more I thought about the actual amount of time it takes to get someone in Auburn from that location. In MOO, if she was meeting someone that night, it would have to be in a 5 minute radius of the Chevron. Making the purchase, getting back to her car, driving to the destination, and locating someone she didn't know, all add up to taking good bit of time in my mind. Although I think it would be a tight timeline, I still think it is possible she could of gone downtown from the Chevron to meet this person.
How do we know that 'Eric' wasnt already with her at the Chevron when she made the purchase?

Questions:
What time did she drop her brother off?
How far does he live from her?
Has it been confirmed he was in fact dropped off?

The more and more I reel over this...I think this is someone she knows. Well.
I also dont think she sent those texts on SC. Again. I think someone she knows did that. had to be.

Okay - so if I recall correctly - there was some chatter about her going to both of the Chevrons on that street - was that confirmed? If so - what about this scenario...

Aniah had been communicating with someone who identified themselves as "Eric" on a form of social media - (snapchat, instagram, dating app, whatsapp, etc). They agreed to meet up that night for whatever reason and chose "The Chevron on College St" as the meeting place. Aniah arrived at the Chevron and didn't see the person there, so she went in to buy a midnight snack for later to just kill time. She then receives a text from the person who says they're at the other Chevron on College St., so she heads in that direction to meet them. They hang out for a bit and he talks her into coming back to his place in Montgomery - she says she's tired and so he offers to drive her car. As they are driving, the mood changes and Aniah tries to take over the steering wheel, causing them to sideswipe a guardrail. The perp overpowers her either by force or with a gun, disposes of her phone (and possibly her as well) and then later dumps her car in an area that was close enough to flee on foot.

Just speculation, obviously

I think it’s absolutely possible she met up with “Eric”, stopped at the gas station to get chips while he stayed in car, left with him and then in that 1 hour time period before her car was spotted she was harmed. “Eric” was driving her car at the time it was spotted to rid of the car and Aniah before abandoning the car in the apartment complex and carrying on his way. Car damaged at some point in this process by hitting concrete or guard rails, etc. I believe is was Aniah texting/snap chatting and she was with a guy named “Eric”.

I think Aniah will be found somewhere between that gas station and the apartment complex. Does anyone have a map?

No one though Mackenzie Leuck would meet up with a guy she just met in the middle of the night after deboarding a plane and wearing comfortable airport clothing, but she did.

*Edited for spelling

I agree, and it was said the chips were salt & vinegar. Not exactly great for your breath when meeting a new guy. I think that snapchat convo reply and the name "Eric" is a red herring, trying to steer attention in a false direction. If that is the case, it may be someone known to Aniah and maybe even the roommate. We've heard no mention of a boyfriend, did she have one in the past?

The hour between the snapchat and car sighting is troubling. Does that mean she is somewhere close by, or in Montgomery? Has anyone heard LE mention whether tips are coming in?

I’m wondering if there is an ex or a stalker.
Maybe he knew she was originally suppose to meet a guy from a dating app and got angry at her. So he met her in the parking lot of the apartment (she had time to get there) IMO, got in her car, then he took her phone to see what she’s been doing and responded that about being with Eric in the snapchat texts being cynical and getting back at her (revenge). In 10 minutes from buying the chips, I speculate that she would have had time to make it back to the apartments. And I do agree with many that she did not look like she was going out to meet someone in the video at the chevron. JMO
But then we have not heard a single mention of an ex or a stalker, so probably not.

SN: I’m new here, if I broke any rules, please let me know.

Dating is different now. Lots of girls don't feel the need with looking perfect before meeting a guy. With Tinder and Bumble and the hook up culture people are meeting up for one drink here and there and only putting in 100% effort if it's someone they are REALLY into. Also when you keep it super casual you can keep it super cheap!

In my single days I did meet up with people within a few minutes of getting a text. People are busy and sometimes you see that you have an hour to hang out so you run into a local dive bar, have a few drinks, chat and go on your way. It's enough time to know if this person is someone you want to know more and if they aren't you didn't go too completely out of your way for it. You didn't do the whole dress up, makeup, hair, etc. The difference is I always told one friend who I was with, where I was, if I went in his car I would send pics of his license plate number, etc. I would meet in comfortable clothing, not always looking 100%, after eating chips.

There’s not a whole lot of public transportation in Alabama. What someone from a big city would think of as “taking the bus,” doesn’t happen very much in Alabama. Any public transportation type bus in Alabama is actually pretty sketch ball IMO. This would have been a Tiger Transit bus. They are thru the University. Very nice & (for the most part) I would feel safe taking one. There was one big incident (rape I believe) with a driver involved. However, that’s the only time I’ve ever heard of anything happening. I know how they run operations & they take their transit system very seriously. They run all routes during school hours. However, they run SOME routes at night back & forth to downtown (to the bars). This is pretty much the University’s way of giving ppl an option not to drive if they are planning on/have been drinking. Idk if the stop outside her apt is one they run at night or not. There is a South College bus that runs at night but idk where it goes.
The “bus stop” in question was the one in front of the MONTGOMERY Park Place Apartments.

But you are correct, there was a rape by two individuals of tiger transit. Auburn Student Allegedly Raped on University Bus, Two Arrested

Okay - so if I recall correctly - there was some chatter about her going to both of the Chevrons on that street - was that confirmed? If so - what about this scenario...

Aniah had been communicating with someone who identified themselves as "Eric" on a form of social media - (snapchat, instagram, dating app, whatsapp, etc). They agreed to meet up that night for whatever reason and chose "The Chevron on College St" as the meeting place. Aniah arrived at the Chevron and didn't see the person there, so she went in to buy a midnight snack for later to just kill time. She then receives a text from the person who says they're at the other Chevron on College St., so she heads in that direction to meet them. They hang out for a bit and he talks her into coming back to his place in Montgomery - she says she's tired and so he offers to drive her car. As they are driving, the mood changes and Aniah tries to take over the steering wheel, causing them to sideswipe a guardrail. The perp overpowers her either by force or with a gun, disposes of her phone (and possibly her as well) and then later dumps her car in an area that was close enough to flee on foot.

Just speculation, obviously

I saw this too in several places - both chevrons - but havent placed where I saw this at (and havent had time to go back and look)

Do we know if LE has seen the phone this text was on? I am not sure that text took place. Seems to me that if AB was texting, it would be to her roommate not her roommates friend. Not sure about this friend of friend. JMO

I think it’s absolutely possible she met up with “Eric”, stopped at the gas station to get chips while he stayed in car, left with him and then in that 1 hour time period before her car was spotted she was harmed. “Eric” was driving her car at the time it was spotted to rid of the car and Aniah before abandoning the car in the apartment complex and carrying on his way. Car damaged at some point in this process by hitting concrete or guard rails, etc. I believe is was Aniah texting/snap chatting and she was with a guy named “Eric”.

I think Aniah will be found somewhere between that gas station and the apartment complex. Does anyone have a map?

No one though Mackenzie Leuck would meet up with a guy she just met in the middle of the night after deboarding a plane and wearing comfortable airport clothing, but she did.

*Edited for spelling

BBM-Good point!!

Most times “foul play” is perpetrated by someone known to the victim.

respectfully snipped by me

Just speculation and theory.
Except you forgot she was in auburn buying chips at 11:20...

You should probably edit your post. This type of conjecture is not following the rules.

Also, a good reminder for everyone new. Take a look at the rules before posting. Glad to have you, but let’s follow the rules so we don’t get this thread shut down. The Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24