Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I edit a post? I need to edit one of mine to comply with the rules, but don't see an edit button on my post?
You only have a set period of time to edit a post - if you are logged in and do not see an"edit" button the time has passed. You may alert your post to a mod by reporting it with an explanation if necessary.

Most times “foul play” is perpetrated by someone known to the victim.

In the interview, it sounds like the brother was driving from home to Auburn with Aniah and offered to drive. Is it possible, that the further laid back seat could mean that he drove, and is it possible then that he got into an accident while she was sleeping. She woke up upon impact and was freaking out. Maybe he was high, or drunk, and she was indicating telling on him. This led to a panic and covering up a heat of the moment reaction to her anger. This would somewhat explain a relatively similar pattern of communication as he would know how she interacts in conversation, and if it wasn’t her sending the Snapchat messages, then it would have had to have been someone who knew how to unlock her phone (given it wasn’t forcefully done with her finger while unconscious), which he maybe would have had knowledge of a password.

Just speculation and theory.

This is not what happened what so ever. If you’re going to comment make sure you’ve read everything. They were headed home on a 4 hour drive from a close friends funeral. They were NOT high or drunk and that’s honestly kinda racist to imply that. Something terrible happened after she dropped her brother off at 11:00 and bought those chips at 11:20. but we’re not going to imply they were drunk on the way home from the funeral. No evidence points to that at all. Just not true

Snapchat messages or messages through an app don't show up on your phone bill like a regular text does.

LE would have to get warrants for those specific apps, I'm guessing. And if they are deleted can they even read them? Read messages on snapchat delete after a certain time. Are those able to be recovered?

Also you can put anything in the info when you sign up for these apps. Any name, email, phone number, etc.

Snaps LE guide...
https://storage.googleapis.com/snap-inc/privacy/lawenforcement.pdf

Logs of Previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats
Logs contain metadata about a user’s Snaps, Stories, and Chats, but not the user’s content.
Legal process required for logs: Logs of previous Snaps, Stories, and Chats can be obtained pursuant to a court order under 18 U.S.C. § 2703(d) or a federal or state search warrant.

I agree that you can put anything in the user data, but IMO the FBI have forensics experts who can dig into the metadata to determine the source (IP address, etc?).

"While I have several thoughts running through my mind about the possible perp in this case, I have to agree with you. IMO she knew this person, very well."

Welcome jp6012 and SharksLivesMatter (they do!).

I kind of get the feeling you are close to the case, are you local?

Knowing the person well, implies someone other than the "Eric". Implies an angry ex or stalker, which is certainly a strong possibility for that night.

"While I have several thoughts running through my mind about the possible perp in this case, I have to agree with you. IMO she knew this person, very well."

Knowing the person well, implies someone other than the "Eric". Implies a stalker, which is certainly a strong possibility for that night.
Not local, just following this story because it scares me to death thinking of this happening to anyone I love. Terrible and tragic. Just don’t want speculation out there for things that haven’t even been brought up about the case

This is pure speculation on my part. I don’t think Aniah met someone thru a dating app. I have 19yo daughter, a freshman at another university (not in AL). She is meeting so many new people thru her classes, friends, out at clubs, etc. I can’t see a need for using an app to meet someone. Of course, it could happen, but i just don’t think so.

I’m wondering if “Eric” is an ex- or current boyfriend of one of her friends. That would be a reason that Aniah may have a cover story for who she was with that night. Again, pure speculation.

From someone (me lol) who drives Interstate 85, 5 days a week to get to work. Yesterday on my way to work, I looked at the guardrail, cable, & barrier as I was driving by. Someone jump in if there are some holes in my observation...but assuming this damage to the car happened on the interstate & the damage to the side & damage to the mirror happened at the same time...it doesn’t seem as tho the guardrail would be tall enough for where the damage was located & also to do any damage to the mirror on the passengers side. I know from experience that cable is only put in the median so that’s out. The only places where there is concrete barrier is on the bridges & if I remember right, one construction zone. On the bridges it’s not a solid piece of barrier. It’s more like concrete railing (if that doesn’t make sense think of concrete guardrail on the side of a bridge). I’m still not 100% that’s tall enough...might be. & also not sure if that would result in that same straight line damage. However, that construction zone is just just passed exit 26 (Tallassee) going south. They have some temporary concrete barrier set up for the construction on the bridge that starts before the bridge actually begins (to protect the workers & equipment). That temporary barrier is 100% tall enough to do that straight line swipe damage to the passengers side & possibly damage the mirror. If this happened on the interstate, my money is on a side swipe right there.

Obviously it’s just my theory/observation. Just wanted to let those of you that are curious but can’t actually see what the interstate looks like, know what I personally see.

Sarah is her roommate, Summer is her friend.

Has this been confirmed? In any case, do we know that Sarah (?) is her only roommate?

In several articles, LE refers to her "roommates" (plural). Many apartments in Auburn house four people. If she went home before going out, maybe she told everyone that she was going to meet Eric? Maybe there were others there when she said this? That would seem to expand the number of people who would know to send the "I'm with Eric" message later, if it wasn't her sending it.

I think all of the family is considered a victim here and her brother is included. Unless and until LE names him as a POI, he is off limits. There is nothing to suggest he is involved. This thread is going to get shut down if new members keep going against the TOS. Go read the rules as they have been so politely posted up thread.:confused:

You missed this post if you read everything.
Except you forgot she was in auburn buying chips at 11:20...

You should probably edit your post. This type of conjecture is not following the rules.

Also, a good reminder for everyone new. Take a look at the rules before posting. Glad to have you, but let’s follow the rules so we don’t get this thread shut down. The Rules

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
@xjvx To answer your question—-

He didn’t say her phone was dead... he said battery low, according to his mom’s statement.

Most recently comment by mom said “he didn’t know she was going out”. I don’t know if original statements were reported wrong, or have been changed.

He wasn’t the last one to see her... THE CHEVRON clerk was AFAIK.

Most important, here we consider all family victims. We treat them as such.

He said her phone died and went black when she dropped him off at 11:00 p.m but then she was seen on video at the gas station at 11:20 buying chips. How did she send a Snapchat to her roommate saying she was meeting a guy Eric if her phone was dead at 11:00 p.m (based off what her brother said)

Every article i have read stated her brother had said her phone was dying not dead?

This is not what happened what so ever. If you’re going to comment make sure you’ve read everything. They were headed home on a 4 hour drive from a close friends funeral. They were NOT high or drunk and that’s honestly kinda racist to imply that. Something terrible happened after she dropped her brother off at 11:00 and bought those chips at 11:20. but we’re not going to imply they were drunk on the way home from the funeral. No evidence points to that at all. Just not true

It's racist to imply someone was high or drunk? That's a bit much.

I feel as though I've seen veiled racism on messages boards but I do not think this is one of those times.

All kinds of people drive drunk and high.

I think all of the family is considered a victim here and her brother is included. Unless and until LE names him as a POI, he is off limits. There is nothing to suggest he is involved. This thread is going to get shut down if new members keep going against the TOS. Go read the rules as they have been so politely posted up thread.:confused:

Quoting my own post......

Knowing the person well, implies someone other than the "Eric". Implies an angry ex or stalker, which is certainly a strong possibility for that night.

Not a local either. I’m in St. Louis. However, this case is terrifying, and heartbreaking. I’m just a regular true crime junkie, with not a whole lot to contribute “professionally”. I stumbled across this website and have literally been hooked (some might call it mildly obsessed :)) ever since!

Elijah Blanchard, Aniah Blanchard’s father, has hope for his daughter’s return

“My daughter looked like she was troubled. Either she was troubled or extremely tired. To see her going into the store like that… she looked like she was trying to send a signal to someone that she was bothered,” Blanchard said.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information regarding Aniah’s whereabouts, or other knowledge about the case is asked to call the Auburn Police Division Detective Section at 334-501-3140, the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391 or the 24-hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24