Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter why the apartments were built. No need to get hung up on that. This is an area that is going downhill regardless of who the tenants are. It's no longer safe and it's not good her car was found there. I'm through there several times a year. Bottom line is it isn't a safe area there along the Atlanta Hwy and it's concerning that her car was left there.

Ok, upon additional examination I think we can put to bed the notion these units were built for sec 8 or any kind of subsidized housing. Doesn’t mean they aren’t occupied by subsidized tenants but they were not built for that purpose.

The Alabama Housing Finance Authority is the state funnel for state and federal subsidy funds. Among other things, it finances developers to construct subsidized apartments. The AHFA did not provide any funding for these units. I suppose there could have been some other type of incentives, possibly city, but that is unlikely as it would go through Montgomery Housing Authority and it also doesn’t list Park Place as one of its projects. Looks like it was speculatively built based on supply/demand and it ended up in an area of decreasing values. 2008-2010 changed the trend dramatically.

Who takes the lead in this case? Montgomery, where her vehicle was found or Auburn, her last know location? The lack of LE info kind of makes me feel they are in recovery mode.

There seems to be a lot going on with this case behind the scenes.

Considering I always end up having to root for Bama towards the end of the season, ( cough cough UGA) I am an honorary "Baman". It looks like guardrail to me as well. Could definitely be concrete barrier too. I hope she is safe somewhere, but I fear that is not the case. You can warn your young adults until you are blue in the face- they think they are invincible ( until they aren't)

We have to pull for the SEC, only exception Florida w/o Tebow.

Speaking of accomplices....my nieces were telling me some scary Tinder stories their friends told them. My nieces say they never use it, and I hope not, lol.
But they told me 2 scary incidents their roommates had, involving '2nd' men appearing. In both cases, the girls had met 'cute' guys on Tinder, agreed to meet them for dinner. And after a nice, fun dinner with a polite guy, they agree to go for drinks. When they get to the bar, suddenly, out of the blue, a 'friend' of the date's appears, and suddenly you have TWO men, sitting with you, leering at you.

In both cases they said it was a sudden change that felt threatening and vulnerable. And it seemed set up. One friend had called an Uber, and the 2 guys tried to talk their way into the ride with her. She kept telling the driver she didnt want them to come along and they eventually walked away.

In the other incident, the friend called her roommates, and they came and picked her up. But the 2 guys were trying hard to get her to go with them to eat breakfast and she knew it was a trap/

I do think it's possible she expected to meet up with one 'nice guy' and then at some point his friend joined them. A woman is vulnerable with one strange man, but is doubly so with two of them. JMO

Aniah’s best friend and the person I’ve been assuming is the roommate posted on Twitter 4 hours ago about an organized search. She’s directing volunteers to 1103 North Donahue Drive to begin, which I assume is the family’s command center. I wonder what areas they are searching.

"She was possibly last seen in downtown. Downtown Auburn. Downtown Auburn. Reporter: According to police, Blanchard's vehicle was last seen just before midnight Wednesday. Her mother telling a Birmingham TV station her debit card was last used around 11:30 that night and that she messaged her roommates saying she was out with a guy.

Blanchard's friend and classmate at southern union state community college, summer Watley, says she last spoke to her friend Tuesday night and says there were no signs that anything was wrong. This is completely out of character from her. This isn't just something that she wanted to get up and run away. This is a very serious matter and something has happened.

Now, missing black Americans are over represented in the total number of missing people in the United States. Despite making up only 13% of the total U.S. Population, more than 30% of all missing people were black in 2018. That's according to the U.S. Census bureau. Often these cases don't get enough media attention. They don't get the attention as their white counterparts."

Video: Missing college student’s car spotted about 50 miles away from her home

Snipped and BBM

I think it was randomly dumped there, unless someone was so stupid as to drive Aniah's car to hide where they lived, which seems unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility. However, after looking at google maps, it seems the apartment complex is tucked away a bit from the main road. There appear to be many other apartment complexes in the area. I think you would almost have to know it was there. That tells me the person who put the car there knew about the apartment complex and probably had a connection there.

I agree it was dumped there. They probably thought it would blend in and take a while to be found.

Maybe the car was dumped there with the expectation that it would get rummaged through or stolen, leaving somebody else's fingerprints all over it?
Yes. I wonder if they left it unlocked? They often leave the victim's wallet/cell/keys visible inside, to try and lure someone to steal them or the car.

I wish we know if her things were left in the vehicle.

What a frightening world our daughters now live in. I don't know about anyone else on here, but it really scares me how many go missing on a daily basis, and most of them are found deceased. It scares me to death. Some of the men that end up as suspects don't even have records, nor have they shown violent tendencies in the past. There's no rhyme or reason, you might seem some red flags with some suspects, but not all of them display them.

I would love her to be found alive, but I just don't think so.

What a frightening world our daughters now live in. I don't know about anyone else on here, but it really scares me how many go missing on a daily basis, and most of them are found deceased. It scares me to death. Some of the men that end up as suspects don't even have records, nor have they shown violent tendencies in the past. There's no rhyme or reason, you might seem some red flags with some suspects, but not all of them display them.

I would love her to be found alive, but I just don't think so.
I hear ya. My daughter laughs sometimes about all the questions I ask when she has a new boyfriend. :oops:....but it scares me to death, as it is just like you said, totally out of the blue sometimes. :(

Another FYI. The license plate was registered in Marion County, Alabama. That’s a long way from Auburn and a couple hours north west of Homewood, the parents city. Not sure its relevant but maybe she has connections in Marion County? It borders Mississippi to the west and pretty rural. Hamilton is the County seat.

For those in Auburn area, there’s mention of road work on I-85, does it include concrete barricades? From pictures of damage to right side door panel and wheel fender, the white residue and location could match up to a barricade.

That's actually what I was looking into last night. When I did a search on Google Earth of the 85 route to Montgomery/The forest on the way there. They have stretches of highway that have no barricade whatsoever and there are construction signs, but these images are from March-July, I believe. Then some stretches do have that concrete barrier. Here is a picture of a stretch that has the concrete.

WxDqHd4

Attachments

• aniah.png
    aniah.png
    701 KB · Views: 67
That's actually what I was looking into last night. When I did a search on Google Earth of the 85 route to Montgomery/The forest on the way there. They have stretches of highway that have no barricade whatsoever and there are construction signs, but these images are from March-July, I believe. Then some stretches do have that concrete barrier. Here is a picture of a stretch that has the concrete.

WxDqHd4
Look back at post#167

WxDqHd4
Exact image of what I think could have caused damage specifically on the right side of SUV.

Another FYI. The license plate was registered in Marion County, Alabama. That’s a long way from Auburn and a couple hours north west of Homewood, the parents city. Not sure its relevant but maybe she has connections in Marion County? It borders Mississippi to the west and pretty rural. Hamilton is the County seat.

That's the same area of Alabama where she earlier attended a funeral. Winfield is in both Marion and Fayette Counties. There is probably family there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech