Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't even think there was a "white guy named Eric" she was meeting now. Not if she always got chips before she turned in for the night. I think either this guy was a no show if he was even real and/or she was heading home to bed. Something nefarious happened after the Chevron visit. IMO

So you think the text exchanges (via Snapchat) between Aniah and her roommate, around 11:30 pm, were possibly not made by Aniah?

I know some of you are new and welcome to Websleuths! :D
But please do check the TOS under Rules on the Welcome boards, especially about social media. Screencaps aren't allowed. Might want to self delete if still time. If not, just alert your post so a mod can do it.

I know some of you are new and welcome to Websleuths! :D
But please do check the TOS under Rules on the Welcome boards, especially about social media. Screencaps aren't allowed. Might want to self delete if still time. If not, just alert your post so a mod can do it.

How do I delete my screenshot? Just click "report"?

Bingo IMO

On NG podcast today, this is how mom recounted Aniah's text exchange with her roommate:

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with ****
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

Mom said she felt like this sounded like her daughter's vernacular. Is it possible "Eric" was being persistent about just meeting up for a minute, so they met in a nearby parking lot right after the chip purchase? Just a thought

This past week I've been replaying over and over the possible situations that could have happened as far as the car damage goes.. that is what really worried me when I first saw that.

I've been hoping more footage would be released showing who was driving/a passenger in the car at various points. Out of all the places the car had to move, there is no extra footage yet? Especially near those apartments where the car was found. Unless LE is purposely keeping the footage close to their chest for Aniahs sake as they have the suspects clearly on video? Theres also the possibility that the person who parked that car knew a route where they can remain hidden and had appropriate clothing to hide from surveillance while driving. I just keep wondering why the car has damage.. Could there have been a surprise 'friend' of the date guy 'Eric' that she was meeting that tagged along in the car and grabbed her from the back seat, trying to strangle her once she was driving back to a certain point? Then as this happened she put her foot down on the pedal and there was a crash against a barricade or tree or something. The fact that the car has been ditched elsewhere near those apartments just feels so premeditated.

I knew who Walt Harris was prior to Aniah going missing because I'm a big UFC fan, so this case has had me very concerned and worried, I've been checking back very frequently hoping for good news or strong leads.. I just keep hoping Aniah is still okay and hanging in there. I really hope she will return home safe.
This past week I've been replaying over and over the possible situations that could have happened as far as the car damage goes.. that is what really worried me when I first saw that.

I've been hoping more footage would be released showing who was driving/a passenger in the car at various points. Out of all the places the car had to move, there is no extra footage yet? Especially near those apartments where the car was found. Unless LE is purposely keeping the footage close to their chest for Aniahs sake as they have the suspects clearly on video? Theres also the possibility that the person who parked that car knew a route where they can remain hidden and had appropriate clothing to hide from surveillance while driving. I just keep wondering why the car has damage.. Could there have been a surprise 'friend' of the date guy 'Eric' that she was meeting that tagged along in the car and grabbed her from the back seat, trying to strangle her once she was driving back to a certain point? Then as this happened she put her foot down on the pedal and there was a crash against a barricade or tree or something. The fact that the car has been ditched elsewhere near those apartments just feels so premeditated.

I knew who Walt Harris was prior to Aniah going missing because I'm a big UFC fan, so this case has had me very concerned and worried, I've been checking back very frequently hoping for good news or strong leads.. I just keep hoping Aniah is still okay and hanging in there. I really hope she will return home safe.

The car damage is what I'm keyed in on too...my mind goes to her being restrained in the car & trying to break free, causing the driver to crash, with another vehicle following. I don't like thinking that, but it's what makes the most sense to me of the type of damage & the car being ditched at that complex.

I’m confused on the timeline. This Snapchat convo was what time? And the chip purchase was what time?

On NG podcast today, this is how mom recounted Aniah's text exchange with her roommate:

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with ****
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

Mom said she felt like this sounded like her daughter's vernacular. Is it possible "Eric" was being persistent about just meeting up for a minute, so they met in a nearby parking lot right after the chip purchase? Just a thought

The car damage is what I'm keyed in on too...my mind goes to her being restrained in the car & trying to break free, causing the driver to crash, with another vehicle following. I don't like thinking that, but it's what makes the most sense to me of the type of damage & the car being ditched at that complex.
I also wonder if the damage to the car was caused by an altercation inside. If that’s the case, I hope she learned some self defense moves from Walt and fought like hell!! MOO

So, I’m looking at that 10 min window between chip purchase and Snapchat. It’s just not much time. I wonder if she met someone in the parking lot of the Chevron. Instead of it being someone she met on a dating app, it could be that she was approached by someone who seemed non-threatening, and she decided to go hang out with him. Then things went wrong.

11:20 pm: Purchased chips at Chevron
11:30 pm: Communicated with roommate via Snapchat text
12:30 am: Aniah’s license plate pinged off a traffic light around the South College area in Auburn.

11:20 pm: Purchased chips at Chevron
11:30 pm: Communicated with roommate via Snapchat text
12:30 am: Aniah’s license plate pinged off a traffic light around the South College area in Auburn.

She comes in to purchase chips (by herself) at Chevron...and 10 minutes later, she types to her roommate that she's with some guy she "just met"...way odd. Also, the roommate didn't ask *who* she was with -- she asked *where.* That location question was never answered, which I find very disturbing.

Locals- where is I-65S in regards to Chevron stations?
Its a post on Twitter - he posted a reply to Summer Whatley.
So, I’m looking at that 10 min window between chip purchase and Snapchat. It’s just not much time. I wonder if she met someone in the parking lot of the Chevron. Instead of it being someone she met on a dating app, it could be that she was approached by someone who seemed non-threatening, and she decided to go hang out with him. Then things went wrong.

I wish we knew where she lived. If she was close to her home then maybe she went to that Chevron often. But if it was far from her home I’m sure her parents have more reason for concern.

This sounds more realistic to me, given the 10 minute window. UNLESS, she met this person before she went into the Chevron. Maybe they met right after she dropped her brother off at 11:00? That would allow more time for her to let her guard down, feel comfortable enough to let this person in the car with her.

She comes in to purchase chips (by herself) at Chevron...and 10 minutes later, she types to her roommate that she's with some guy she "just met"...way odd. Also, the roommate didn't ask *who* she was with -- she asked *where.* That location question was never answered, which I find very disturbing.

You're right, she does evade the question about "where" she was. But remember, the police aren't certain that someone wasn't in her car in the Chevron parking lot.

I’m leaning toward her meeting someone that night. I mean she just came back from a dear friend of the family’s tragic funeral, so she was probably exhausted physically and emotionally, yet she went out for some reason anyway.
Knowing she had to work early the next morning, I think she was excited about seeing this person, whoever it was.
She could’ve easily canceled and made plans another time, but she didn’t. MOO of course!

Has it been reported anywhere that Summer is her roommate? or was that snapchat message to someone else? Also
snapchat messages disappear after a short while. ( not sure the exact time think it is based on the users settings) Curious if there is proof of this snapchat exchange or if the conversation was recalled from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member