Identified! AL - Bibb Co, WhtMal UP13483, 14-17, MVA/hitchhiker, tattoo: RY + LOVE Mar'61 - Daniel Armantrout

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Carrying bag with several long sleeve shirts and pants made from heavy fabric, a brown plastic wallet without any identification, a photograph of the decedent with a girl, and a pack of Pall Mall cigarettes with a South Carolina tax stamp."
The doenetwork mentions that he had a photograph of himself with a girl.

"Carrying bag with several long sleeve shirts and pants made from heavy fabric, a brown plastic wallet without any identification, a photograph of the decedent with a girl, and a pack of Pall Mall cigarettes with a South Carolina tax stamp."
The doenetwork mentions that he had a photograph of himself with a girl.
I have never seen the picture. You'd think that would be released, especially to maybe ID the girl.

Amazing find with the FBI bulletin!! I can’t help but wonder how many other agencies have held back things like this, when all we have are horrible (no offense to the artist) reconstructions of otherwise recognizable victims!

A newspaper article from 1961, which includes the reconstruction that was circulated at the time (which is similar to the NCMEC one). I think it may be based on a postmortem photo or after funeral preparation, per Body of teen exhumed for DNA test in Centreville)

Clipping from The Huntsville Times - Newspapers.com
Oh wow! A very good find! Now I see why NCMEC’s reconstruction was made the way it was. It is definitely similar to this recon. Now that there’s a clearer photo of the deceased, I hope a revamped effort to update the reconstruction is made.

In this most recent newspaper article it mentions “two extra marks of identification, not released to the general public” which were used when trying to compare him to the boy whose mother thought it could be her son. I wonder what those marks were.

View attachment 266002
I'm not convinced 100%, but the boy in the image shows similarities to the morgue pics i saw.
Height is off quite a bit, but given the age of the report I’d think there’s room for error. Visually it’s the closest possibility I’ve seen! Chin, nose, hairline, sideburns, lips...especially those ears!

ETA: AND his initial is “R”! Nice find!

EATA: I removed the side by side. I found his obituary from 2016.
8C29FAFE-D00C-4071-B60F-466AD11EB486.jpeg

Last edited:
Height is off quite a bit, but given the age of the report I’d think there’s room for error. Visually it’s the closest possibility I’ve seen! Chin, nose, hairline, sideburns, lips...especially those ears!

ETA: AND his initial is “R”! Nice find!

EATA: I removed the side by side. I found his obituary from 2016.
View attachment 266012

Good find! Your sleuthing skills are better than mine.

Good find! Your sleuthing skills are better than mine.
I wouldn’t say that! :D I usually always miss the obvious. :p

I can see why Raymond caught your eye. He looks verrry much like the UID. Gives us an idea of what to look for in other missing boys!

I really thought this could be the guy!

The problem i have with searching is this...."Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more"
It really hinders my research.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974
Back