Identified! AL - Bibb Co, WhtMal UP13483, 14-17, MVA/hitchhiker, tattoo: RY + LOVE Mar'61 - Daniel Armantrout

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would like to present a possibility (although unlikely) that I hadn't seen mentioned here

A quick summary
12 year old Alexander Walter Roberts went missing from Phoenix, Arizona 7/29/1960
Last seen at his uncle's house on the 1300 block of east Brill but lived with his aunt in the 6400 block of west Cavalier
8th grader at St. Agnes School
*Mom lived in San Francisco, CA
*Dad lived in Glendale, Arizona
*Known to have relatives in Texas, may have traveled to California or stayed in the Phoenix area after his disappearance
Went missing with a gold Timex watch with a leather band, white T shirt, Levi jeans, brown high top shoes, and a brown wallet

Alexander's height, weight and eye color don't match the UID as he was listed at 4'11"-5'1" about 90-100 lbs with brown eyes. Teenage boys grow quite fast at times, but 4-5 inches plus or minus 20 lbs in less than a year according to when the MVA occurred seems unlikely. Same with the eye color and he was noted to have a scar under his left eye.

However, it appears Alex's hair parts on the far left side, his ears are a similar shape to the UID and in one of his pictures on NAMUS, he's wearing a white T Shirt with a collar that looks similar to the UID photo. I also found it strange that Phoenix, Arizona is hot normally but in a lot of Alex's pictures he's wearing long sleeves or even multi-layers. He went missing with a watch and a brown wallet although those weren't uncommon at the time.

Not sure! Definitely just thinking out loud
Hopefully these young men find their families either way :(

I recieved a reply from Monterey military, i think the man was confused about my question, i told him this young man possibly served at Ord and shuffled between Montevallo Alabama and South Carolina.

That was a quick reply!

I would like to present a possibility (although unlikely) that I hadn't seen mentioned here

A quick summary
12 year old Alexander Walter Roberts went missing from Phoenix, Arizona 7/29/1960
Last seen at his uncle's house on the 1300 block of east Brill but lived with his aunt in the 6400 block of west Cavalier
*Known to have relatives in Texas, may have traveled to California or stayed in the Phoenix area after his disappearance
Went missing with a gold Timex watch with a leather band, white T shirt, Levi jeans, brown high top shoes, and a brown wallet

Alexander's height, weight and eye color don't match the UID as he was listed at 4'11"-5'1" about 90-100 lbs with brown eyes. Teenage boys grow quite fast at times, but 4-5 inches plus or minus 20 lbs in less than a year according to when the MVA occurred seems unlikely. Same with the eye color and he was noted to have a scar under his left eye.

However, it appears Alex's hair parts on the far left side, his ears are a similar shape to the UID and in one of his pictures on NAMUS, he's wearing a white T Shirt with a collar that looks similar to the UID photo. I also found it strange that Phoenix, Arizona is hot normally but in a lot of Alex's pictures he's wearing long sleeves or even multi-layers. He went missing with a watch and a brown wallet although those weren't uncommon at the time.

Im not sure, but i think the age might rule him out? I dont know what the rules and ages are in the usa, would a 12 year old be in the military?

I see, I believe 12, 13 and even 14 are pretty young for the military. I know some boys lied about their age but as 16, 17 years old. Maybe he was in a military type school or program?

Love can sometimes be a girl’s name. So RY could be his initials or short for Ryan.

Im not sure, but i think the age might rule him out? I dont know what the rules and ages are in the usa, would a 12 year old be in the military?

We don't know that he was in the military--some of the quotes suggest that, but who knows whether he was telling the truth. If he was way under age, he might have been lying about it to make himself sound older, or something.

I was thinking the same thing as you Carbuff. A runaway may have even disguised his looks a bit to run off with a girl, I'm thinking something went wrong there. Her parents found out, or she got pregnant, sent away who knows and maybe he went to look for her out somewhere in another state. When encountering adults, the boy may have lied to prevent being taken back home.

A quick summary

Alexander is listed as an exclusion on the Doe's NamUs.

Post mortem pic and photos of the 3 boys (names removed just in case)

Sonz82 by any chance did you ever find any more info or height and weight on the last guy that you posted? I really feel he looks like the UID

Sonz82 by any chance did you ever find any more info or height and weight on the last guy that you posted? I really feel he looks like the UID

He was listed as 5 foot 9 ,slender build, blonde hair and blue eyes.

I also got a reply from the email i sent. If i can send links and photos, they could look into it for me.
I know he might of been lying about going there but we dont know he wasnt either, it cant hurt to find out.

I think we can rule all 3 of these boys out, but it looks like they were never found...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200426-175025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-175025_Chrome.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members