AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, wait I am sooo confused. I thought DH was found at the Styx River home which is near Grand Bay not the Fairhope home address. aka Turkey Branch

Styx River and Fairhope Alabama are on one side of Mobile Bay and Grand Bay and Theodore/Tillman's Corner (where Brittney lives) are on the other side. You have to take Interstate 10 to cross Mobile Bay. It's quite a distance.

Grand Bay and Fairhope are the furthest apart.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sugexp=...&sa=X&ei=MgTeT8aYGpKI6AH_95W4Cw&ved=0CLYBELYD

Wait, wait I am sooo confused. I thought DH was found at the Styx River home which is near Grand Bay not the Fairhope home address. aka Turkey Branch

Nope, DH was found at his Fairhope home.

Does anybody know what happened with these items? We're they tested? Are they related to Brittney's disappearance?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/13/s-ar-3967700/

Search Intensifies for Brittney Wood
By: DEBBIE WILLIAMS | WKRG
Published: June 13, 2012

Snipped:
Searching in grid patterns through thick woods, volunteers look for clues. Brittney's cell phone, her bag, an article of clothing, anything.

In this particular search a couple of items of interest that are marked with a red ribbon. A pair of women's underwear laying on the ground, rain soaked and then just a few feet away, behind a mound another unexplained item. A bath cloth that just seems out of place.

This is news to me..Interesting! Altho, it is near a lake so that makes it far less suspicious?

eta..a good clue would be the SIZE of the underwear..Brit's a very small teen.

The Hometown Search for Brittney FB page has been updated to say that MPD has new evidence that leads them to beleive that Brittney traveled to "Grandbay, Al in the early morning hrs on Thurs 5/31".

The family will be handing out fliers in GrandBay, Irvinton aBatre.

Yet, her phone PINGED not far from the Lake House supposedly sometime after midnight which is why the original search was there..All this proves to me is her phone & possibly Brit? left that area for Grandbay..IOW! It does not disprove that Brit was (at some point) at Uncle Donnie's.

I wonder if there were neighbors or witnesses who heard the shot. Were there 911 calls about having heard a shotgun blast? Do they know the exact time the suicide occurred?

For some unknown reason there's been very little info re: the suicide..Not from family, LE, or the media..WHY?

What we do know from Donnie's wife is it was sometime Friday am.

IMO regarding the bolded/pinked - what immediately came to my mind when I read her post about always needing a ride was that SHE was sick of Brittney always needing a ride...because IMO maybe Uncle Donnie offered to give her a ride a lot more than WWH liked. I felt like it was a snide and jealous remark for her to make. How often did UD give her rides around town? How often did they hang out together at the cabin? Did the rides that he gave her seem to take longer than they should? He was married to Brittney's mother's sister, therefore not related by blood. Did they start a romantic relationship? It's totally possible. I've seen a few pictures of UD where he appears to clean up nicely.

IMO, JMO, MOO

sbm

My guess is WWH didn't like hubby giving Brit rides but since she was putting this on HIM in her post I got the impression she was trying to make everyone believe that Donnie thought Brit was nothing but a 'pain in the arse'..Anything to deflect away from THEM & any implications of their relationship being anything BUT what it should be was & still is her main agenda.

Was Brittney's ex (PMH's daddy) shot with a gun while PMH was in the home, by somebody that either lives with Brittney or was visiting her family? If so, why & was the shooter arrested? Also, was this on Brittney's family's property?

sbm

Wow JG! Is there a link for this info? TIA!

"New evidence sent that hunt to Grand Bay. According to Hanke, police believe that’s where she was last seen."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/Search-for-teen-moves-to-Grand-Bay

So it's more than her cell phone pings. It seems she was actually seen in Grand Bay. Still, we have her aunt WWH (Donnie's wife) trying to hack Britt's phone to delete messages, so I have to wonder how reliable this sighting is.

WWH's sister? MWK share the same opinions as to when/where events occurred. Britt's family seems to be split down the middle.

Also we have Brittney's mom Chessie Wood giving public appeals. And in the above video is Stephanie Hanke - Brittney's step mother. To add to the confusion I read Uncle Donnie's last name is actually Hanke, not Holland. So would make him related to both Brittney's mom and step mom?

Confused? Do we have Uncle Donnie's obit? Perhaps that would help determine the family group.

ETA: all these names are taken from MSM articles. They have spoken to the news about Brittney.

bbm

There's always FALSE sightings in these cases & since LE said "believes" I'm leaning towards she was not & this is "unreliable" info..Unfortunately!

MWK seems closer to her sister WWH then her other sister, Brit's mom Chessie, from what I've seen..Someone in the family said way back that they "always chose sides & this is nothing new"..Sad if true! That was in regards to WWH not hearing from Brit's family since hubby died & not going to his funeral..She said they were also "pissed" at her for not helping to search for Brit..WWH admited to no wrong doing of her own tho..It's as if she doesn't think her sister's daughter being missing is that BIG of a deal & it's also taking attention away from her & her problems.

This 'Hanke' biz is new twist..I hope someone can get to the bottom of it!

eta..SORRY! for 'hogging' this thread..playing catch up :)

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

:bump:

I keep seeing posts with unfounded allegations, which I guess are merely speculation based on FB posts.

You may NOT discuss FB pages if they are not allowed to be linked as Imamaze posted above. If you want to discuss FB rumors, posts, etc. of random peeps that are related to Brittney, there are other forums to do so. But, this is not allowed on WS.

I dont know if my facts are straight so correct me if im wrong but the truck stop wasnt the first place the phone pinged ..last time the phone was used it had pinged at the styx location ..now days later after searching etc the phone suddenly is turned on and pings at the truck stop, and shes apparently on foot. I wonder if the cops are just going on cell phone pings and dont have much else. if so next week they could be searching somewhere else. I agree she would have gotten ahold of family by now..

I have a prepaid phone like Brittney and can buy minutes at Walmart or Radio Shack, but I can't remember if I need my access code to add the minutes. Maybe someone - LE or family - added money to her prepaid phone and it turned itself back on. When I add minutes, the phone chimes and comes alive again. Still, why is the phone now in Grand Bay?

bbm

This doesn't seem accurate to me cos WWH said "Donnie told me Brittany called asking to come to the Lake House..I told her I wasn't going to be there (that night being WEDS) but if she could get a ride there it would be ok"..And then something about Brittany always needing a ride even when she was up there.

JVM's version here is Brittany was WITH her uncle but WWH claims she never made it there at all even tho her cell pinged within a mile.

We have to remember that the ONLY one saying she never made it there is WWH! Donnie is gone so he can't confirm or deny & Brittany is missing..The neighbor that claims she saw her sitting in the yard on the swing is supposedly wrong..It was someone else that looked just like her..But WHO????

Bumping up Amysmom's post from last week.

Brittney's cell phone pings don't bode well for WWH's version of the events. Also it sounds like Brittney spent the night at the lake house alone with her uncle. Is this correct?

Is there an MSM link that states that Brittney had a pre-paid phone that I missed?

Is there an MSM link that states that Brittney had a pre-paid phone that I missed?

I dont believe so
I posted earlier her mother had a pre paid phone and that i Thought maybe BW had a prepaid phone also!

I read it on her official FB site. It was confirmed by the site moderator. Look on the right hand column under recent posts.

https://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844

Chessie informed Jane Velez-Mitchell that Donnie had financial problems, like most all of them do. Well then how the he!! could he afford a rental home/condo that's miles from the home he lives in with his wife?
SNIPPED FOR SPACE

I do not think he had a second home/condo. I think he had an old trailer or camper in a trailer park near the river. As someone previously pointed out (can't remember who) the area where it was reported he was staying in Styx River is mostly made up of old trailers and campers. It is a pretty scary area IMO. This may not have even been his camp, but may have been a friends, relatives, etc. or inherited from his father (just speculating here). In one of the albums on the now gone FB of DH there was a photo of him on a motorcycle. The photo appears to have been taken in a trailer park made up of older trailers/campers. I think this pic was possibly taken at the Styx River location. Styx River used to have a biker rally every year called "Styx River Rally, Best Little Rally in the South". One year when my husband had a Harley and was big into bikes we attended that rally. It was basically held at a campground, which had some permanent campers/trailers and some people brought their own campers too. The background in the pic mentioned above looks similiar to the site where the rally is held. Did anyone archive those pics before his FB went poof?

I found one of the pics online and cropped out the face of the minor. I hope this is allowed if not mods please delete. Just wanted to give posters an idea of the area in Styx River where I think the uncle was staying in and where Brits phone pinged from.
DonaldHollandedit.jpg

So, if LE is right then BW was not in Styx River at the time of DH's suicide? That is really strange. She liked her uncle enough to leave Tillman's Corner on foot to go see him, but not enough to be a part of his memorial? For me, that brings up a lot more questions. I would think she would come forward before the search got this far. If they find out she's just been hanging out in Grand Bay this whole time, don't they usually charge you with a crime for wasting tax payers money and LE resources??? I have no idea if BW is on meth or drugs at all. However, I know quite a few people who are. Disappearing for weeks and not talking to anyone b/c you are running around hustling and doping is not uncommon at all. They drop their children off, say they will be back in a few hours and show up a month later. I seriously hope she is okay, but I also hope she isn't on some kind of a binge. I hope she is not on drugs, but around here, girls who take off on foot are never "walking" and young moms who lost custody of their children.....

Also, I wanted to say that I have not been able to find an obituary for DH. I've looked everywhere I can think to, but I haven't found one.

So, if LE is right then BW was not in Styx River at the time of DH's suicide? That is really strange. She liked her uncle enough to leave Tillman's Corner on foot to go see him, but not enough to be a part of his memorial? For me, that brings up a lot more questions. I would think she would come forward before the search got this far. If they find out she's just been hanging out in Grand Bay this whole time, don't they usually charge you with a crime for wasting tax payers money and LE resources??? I have no idea if BW is on meth or drugs at all. However, I know quite a few people who are. Disappearing for weeks and not talking to anyone b/c you are running around hustling and doping is not uncommon at all. They drop their children off, say they will be back in a few hours and show up a month later. I seriously hope she is okay, but I also hope she isn't on some kind of a binge. I hope she is not on drugs, but around here, girls who take off on foot are never "walking" and young moms who lost custody of their children.....

I was thinking about the meth binge idea last night. Several years ago, back when the internet was just a baby and cell phones were what movie people had (and they were huge), I hung out with an extended group of young adult friends who experimented with various...things--some more than others. One day I came home from work and did my usual routine of calling my friends to make evening plans, etc. But no one was home. I left messages, but nothing...next couple of days was the same...parents/roomates would say "oh they're over at so-and-so's," but there was no one at so-and-so's. No one seemed particularly concerned, and I figured either people were busy or blowing me off. Within a few days, I made contact with one of them (don't remember how) and it turns out they were all tweaking out in someone's co-worker's friend's apartment for several days. They all came back looking like zombies and I'm really glad I wasn't a part of the methed-out binge. The story then grew and soon if you asked anyone, the actual group plus a bunch of others were there for nine freaking days, man! When actually it was really only 3 days.

Anyway, if BW were into that kind of thing, and I'm not saying she is, but if...then I'd imagine that a) it certainly wouldn't go on this long...I mean, I don't think BW has an endless supply of cash on her...also, wouldn't she be with at least one other person? I just can't imagine that no one notices someone else being gone, too? And if she did go to Texas to see alleged boyfriend, then what's he got to say about it?

This case is so frustrating with the lack of information...I worry it will drift off into being a cold case and end up on the last page of the forum here...
:(

Well, I know more than a couple of meth heads that have let it go one for this long. One in particular had a newborn baby and was gone 6 weeks. Nobody sent a search party out b/c for her disappearing was common. However, that was the first time it had been that long. She was holed up with a cook. In BW's case, I think maybe it's not that b/c usually people start out going missing for a day here, then several days, before it ever gets to be this long. But they don't need cash. The girl with the newborn baby didnt have any cash or a car either. What she did have was some new friends that on one else had met yet, except for a couple of her close friends who claimed that they had not seen her (when they had been scoring from the cook the whole time). See, her new friends had ingredients. Those are worth more than all the money in the world. The meth heads I know, buy a square for 5 bucks and that's worth either 40$ or a gram. I know this, b/c they beg people to buy them for them when they reach their monthly limit.

I'm just saying that the 2 biggest theories in this part of town were:
A. UD killed BW then himself out of remorse
B. BW killed/or witnessed the killing of UD and is hiding in fear

Now, if LE is right and they know that she went to Grand Bay before UD was found shot, theory A is out. Theory B is pretty much out as well. So why the hiding???

Unless one of the lesser theories is true. That BW was going to see UD for a dope deal. Maybe UD did not deliver. Maybe BW was a go between, and the person she was getting the dope for then went and killed UD and she knows that, and that is why she is hiding out.

Or maybe UD is not the driver. Maybe the BW did get dope from UD. Maybe the person who drove BW to UD's went back to rob him for the rest of his stash???

I am not trying to say UD was guilty of anything. But if she is in Grand Bay, a place common to her. It would be unlikely to say she was kidnapped in Styx River and is being held against her will in the town she lived as a child. So that stands to reason she is Grand Bay on a binge, or hiding. So hiding from what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills