AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The moderator on the Hometown Search page posted earlier today that MPD has cleared BW's uncle of any involvement in her disappearance. There was no explanation given for how they reached that conclusion, but it appears to be what law enforcement is telling the family. The post can be found under the recent posts box.

Im willing to bet its based on the Aunt's statements, and that she says DH was with her the night in question. Or how else could they determine this since DH is now dead? Thats the only thing i can come up with. Anyone else know how they can come up with that conclusion?

Im willing to bet its based on the Aunt's statements, and that she says DH was with her the night in question. Or how else could they determine this since DH is now dead? Thats the only thing i can come up with. Anyone else know how they can come up with that conclusion?

Maybe if Brittney was seen or heard from after Donnie was taken to the hospital. It would have to be more than cell phone pings.

According to the local gossip, Klaas has left. The searches in Grand Bay are being done by the family with some assistance from LE. I have been unable to confirm or deny this. I see people have asked more than once why Klaas left, but I have not seen an answer. I think if Klaas did leave, it would be b/c they are convinced that BW is not in danger. Then family keeps saying things about how Klaas is printing flyers but ran out of ink and such. I am not sure if that is really the case.

Also, BW states on her FB profile she is a cashier at Food World. I went to that Food World today b/c is very close to my home. They have NO flyers up regarding her being missing. I think she hasn't worked there in a while, but I still expected they would have flyers posted there. I have talked to a few neighbors and everybody around here just does not seem concerned about it at all. Her family is really not getting much support, which is sad. No one really know what is going on and I would hope better efforts were being done for my family member if they went missing.

After reading Brittney's facebook pages all the way back to 5/31/11 all that I can say is.... with friends like that you sure don't need enemies.

For goodness sakes...all of her "best friends" post things like "I just can't stop crying thinking of Brittney" and within 15 minutes they're posting something like the most hilarious youtube video they've ever seen. WTH???

Where's Brittney???

ETA: IMO, JMO, MOO

Also, BW states on her FB profile she is a cashier at Food World. I went to that Food World today b/c is very close to my home. They have NO flyers up regarding her being missing. I think she hasn't worked there in a while, but I still expected they would have flyers posted there. I have talked to a few neighbors and everybody around here just does not seem concerned about it at all. Her family is really not getting much support, which is sad. No one really know what is going on and I would hope better efforts were being done for my family member if they went missing.

Its horrible that only the family seems to be worried about her missing imo, do we know if shes gone missing before, it not then i think there should be more support cause something is not right.

According to the local gossip, Klaas has left. The searches in Grand Bay are being done by the family with some assistance from LE. I have been unable to confirm or deny this. I see people have asked more than once why Klaas left, but I have not seen an answer. I think if Klaas did leave, it would be b/c they are convinced that BW is not in danger. Then family keeps saying things about how Klaas is printing flyers but ran out of ink and such. I am not sure if that is really the case.

According to the comments made here on her official search page by The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood, Klaas has not left.

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood her friends are all over her facebook and on the event that was created prior to this page i wil send u and invite. and Klaas Kids didn't leave the police said with new evidence she made it to grandbay in the early morning hrs of 5/31 but we are waiting to find out where in Grandbay and they have us painting Grandbay with Flyers
3:40pm (2 hours ago) · LikeReply

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...451748538169505.104495.451298481547844&type=3

That is heartbreaking to hear about there being no flyers or posters up at her workplace. :( Especially since it's a grocery store and they usually post missing posters there.

*sigh* why do I always get involved with sleuthing the cases that end up going without answers?

After reading Brittney's facebook pages all the way back to 5/31/11 all that I can say is.... with friends like that you sure don't need enemies.

For goodness sakes...all of her "best friends" post things like "I just can't stop crying thinking of Brittney" and within 15 minutes they're posting something like the most hilarious youtube video they've ever seen. WTH???

Where's Brittney???

ETA: IMO, JMO, MOO

As I said before, it was similar in Sierra's case...kids are just not able to focus on any one thing anymore, it seems...on twitter, one would post about how much they missed Sierra and how sad they were, and then their news manicure a minute later...

As I said before, it was similar in Sierra's case...kids are just not able to focus on any one thing anymore, it seems...on twitter, one would post about how much they missed Sierra and how sad they were, and then their news manicure a minute later...

With the search moving closer to home, I hope her friends will become more active in helping out. When I watched her friend's tribute video, all the misspelled words made me sad. It's perplexing indeed.

New to this forum, I have wondered about this case. I live in BSL, MS and have been following Jaren Lockhart for the past 2 weeks. Brittney doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Sorry if some of this has been discussed already, I didn't read every post. A few things stand out to me. 1.) Her cell is ringing and then goes to voicemail saying it's full. Has this been verified? If so, who is charging that phone? 2.) LE can ping the phone for location, but also get cell phone records for any calls coming in/going out after she went missing. Have there been attempts to do this? 3.) Why does Uncle Donnie's wife seem so jealous of Brittney? Should she be looked at as a POI? 4.) Why are so many seemingly unconcerned about her missing? - Maybe everyone feels that she is hiding. Maybe she is saving her voicemails and not deleting them because she can listen to frantic people wondering where she is. She wouldn't be the first to disappear for attention.

JMO/Musings

You have a lot of good points, especially about the phone being charged , I just can't see her hiding out when she doesn't seem to have transportation or money apparently. I think she would call family also. welcome to the forum!

New to this forum, I have wondered about this case. I live in BSL, MS and have been following Jaren Lockhart for the past 2 weeks. Brittney doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Sorry if some of this has been discussed already, I didn't read every post. A few things stand out to me. 1.) Her cell is ringing and then goes to voicemail saying it's full. Has this been verified? If so, who is charging that phone? 2.) LE can ping the phone for location, but also get cell phone records for any calls coming in/going out after she went missing. Have there been attempts to do this? 3.) Why does Uncle Donnie's wife seem so jealous of Brittney? Should she be looked at as a POI? 4.) Why are so many seemingly unconcerned about her missing? - Maybe everyone feels that she is hiding. Maybe she is saving her voicemails and not deleting them because she can listen to frantic people wondering where she is. She wouldn't be the first to disappear for attention.

JMO/Musings

I am trying to find the news story that I read earlier today. In it, they stated that LE has evidence suggesting the it is BW that turned the phone on in Grand Bay and also is the one keeping it charged. They also stated they believe she was seen in Grand Bay.

This is a quote from Brad Dennis of KlaasKIDS...

"To clarify....KlaasKIDS Foundation has not stopped their assistance to Brittney's family or our search for Brittney."

More on The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood FB
http://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844?ref=ts

Where can I find a link about her "meth" arrest prior to her missing? Everything I find is a 27 year old BW...her mugshot looks NOTHING like our missing BW.

Where can I find a link about her "meth" arrest prior to her missing? Everything I find is a 27 year old BW...her mugshot looks NOTHING like our missing BW.

The statement of meth came from someone that knows her & posted that info here. They said she may not have been arrested but was with people that were arrested, re meth in car. Also, the 27 y/I that you quoted above is not the same person at all in relation to this case. Meth is big in that area so it doesn't surprise me, but I like facts and I myself still haven't found a police report with meth & Brittany's name both stated in the report. I wouldn't rule it out but I also wouldn't rule it in when investigating here unless it can be linked with fact.

I feel absolutely terrible for this entire family. What horrendous emotions they must all be going through right now. However, denial won't help find Brittany. I sure hope his suicide has nothing to do with Brittany's disappearance but it's certainly ironic that it would happen all at the same time.

The moderator on the Hometown Search page posted earlier today that MPD has cleared BW's uncle of any involvement in her disappearance. There was no explanation given for how they reached that conclusion, but it appears to be what law enforcement is telling the family. The post can be found under the recent posts box.

I sincerely hope this is the case! Hopefully MPD will back up that moderator's Facebook post with a statement informing this. Wasn't it the stepmom that opened up that profile? Is she the moderator or is someone else?

Analyze This, please could you direct me to where she says the MPD cleared the uncle bc I can't find it anywhere. I've viewed it in mobile version & desktop version, even viewed All, but I can't locate it. I see where she posted that MPD are shifting their focus to the Grand Bay area but it says nothing about clearing Uncle Donnie. I'll search cache to see if it was maybe there but then deleted for some reason. Maybe it's right in front of my face & I'm overlooking it..? Please help... :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages//451298481547844?ref=ts

I just searched the Hometown Search page again - 4th time - I don't see it anywhere that MPD cleared the uncle. I also think it's odd that it would have been posted in the first place bc he wasn't a suspect that we know of, just that the timing is suspect/suspicious.

Analyze This, did you see it posted on the Hometown Search page or did the stepmom post it on another page maybe? The stepmom is the owner of that search page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste