AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right, Eileen. It was all during the same maybe 5 year time period. I'll look... But to make it easier, does anyone have any kind of idea which prepaid cell Brittney uses? Brand? Model? Year? Anything?

Also, my friend's daughter has a prepaid cell with an unlimited texting plan - I kid you not. I wonder if the same goes for Internet use? If you buy minutes, wouldn't you use up Internet time quickly or would the minutes strictly be for making & receiving calls?

I've never had a prepaid & I'm clueless in this area.

I have a "real" cell phone, and have had "disposable" phones twice in my life for various reasons (essentially to keep my own number private) I first did this in 2008 when running away from a bad relationship, and needing a way to call police, landlords and potential employers without the calls showing up on our shared phone bill. That time I paid about $20 for the phone, and $10 for an allottment of minutes. Each text counted as half a minute. When you ran out of minutes you bought a new card and reloaded it.

More recently I have gotten one that is less "anonymous" but is still a month to month plan. I paid $5 for a basic phone, and $35/month for unlimited talk and text. They have other phones and plans that include data, but I did not need those features for the purpose I got the phone. There are lots of companies doing this sort of deal now, mine is from Cricket, but others are available at Walmart.

I sincerely hope this is the case! Hopefully MPD will back up that moderator's Facebook post with a statement informing this. Wasn't it the stepmom that opened up that profile? Is she the moderator or is someone else?

I believe that the stepmom started the page and is the moderator. It would be nice if MPD would give a formal statement backing up what the moderator stated. Don't know if that will happen or not, but it might help clarify things.

I hope this attached MSM article is not indicative of the ability (or lack thereof) of Fairhope's officials to rule on suicides.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...eve-Hannah-Rogers/0LttdGYx_EG-kHSocgzdTw.cspx

It sounds like they aren't done investigating in that case. So, I will withhold my criticism because it doesn't sound like the police are convinced that it was suicide. The ruling was given by the coroner, not the police. Is it normal procedure to go to a Grand Jury in suicide cases?

In BW's case, everyone is referring to MPD, which I assumed meant Mobile Police Department. Is Fairhope's PD a separate organization or an arm of MPD? I confused myself when I started to try and figure out the jurisdictions.

It sounds like they aren't done investigating in that case. So, I will withhold my criticism because it doesn't sound like the police are convinced that it was suicide. The ruling was given by the coroner, not the police. Is it normal procedure to go to a Grand Jury in suicide cases?

In BW's case, everyone is referring to MPD, which I assumed meant Mobile Police Department. Is Fairhope's PD a separate organization or an arm of MPD? I confused myself when I started to try and figure out the jurisdictions.

They are separate for sure.

Sorry... I should have been more clear when I used "officials" although I did not want to point fingers in any specific direction (LE or ME)... AND without knowing how many medical examiners are employed in Fairhope or if it was the same ME that indicated suicide for both reports.

To me at least it just seemed to be yet another possible "head scratching" coincidence in this small town.

Also... can anyone identify the make/model of the truck in this photo? How easy is it to install & remove truck bed covers?

Looks like they are easy to install and remove. When I get on the computer I'll look at the pic and see what make/model it is. Interesting that this is yet another missing persons case that there is potentially a white 4 door truck involved. The link says 1-2 min to remove cover.
http://www.undercoverinfo.com/hard-truck-bed-covers.html

The moderator on the Hometown Search page posted earlier today that MPD has cleared BW's uncle of any involvement in her disappearance. There was no explanation given for how they reached that conclusion, but it appears to be what law enforcement is telling the family. The post can be found under the recent posts box.

Are you referring to the Hometown Search site started by the step-mom?

I would think everyone in the car would be noted also!
I read about her in the car in the last thread i believe someone posted she was in a car that was like a rolling meth lab. I think the person read it on FB...

I would think if she was in the car she would have been busted!

I did read her family wants her to give up the pot to try to get her daughter back.

It may depend on when this occured. She is only 19 now. If she were 17 or 18 (you are not a legal adult in Alabama until 19, cannot even purchase cigarettes). If she were a minor, you probably will not find it. If she were prosecuted, but filed "youthful offender" her record would have been expunged and the media would not have listed her name b/c of her minor status.

Wow!
Just because it looks like a suicide does notmean it is one.
I think all suicides should be investigated!

Anyone can be made to write a note!
It can be staged and if LEdoes not check it out ppl get away with murder!

May I follow along with another question. Are there any family members or anyone here whom knows the family well. Can you tell us if he had a history of depression and or attempts at ending his life. Or does it seem he decided for what ever reason to come home on this day and attempt suicide by shooting himself with a shot gun? The will to survive is strong. And he held on for two days after the shooting. I found it somewhat strange that it is reported he attempted suicide with a shotgun and failed at it.

Looks like they are easy to install and remove. When I get on the computer I'll look at the pic and see what make/model it is. Interesting that this is yet another missing persons case that there is potentially a white 4 door truck involved. The link says 1-2 min to remove cover.
http://www.undercoverinfo.com/hard-truck-bed-covers.html

What does the truck have to do with BW missing, I thought I was caught up but I guess I'm behind on this part, can anyone plz explain?

What does the truck have to do with BW missing, I thought I was caught up but I guess I'm behind on this part, can anyone plz explain?

There is another case nearby (within 4 hours of Mobile) that has a white 4 door truck as a vehicle of interest... The photo I posted has ties to BW so I was curious. Granted there are thousands of white 4 door trucks on the road but given the similarities I'd be remiss if I didn't inquire about the make/model of this particular truck.

Even IF it is found to be true that she was in a "rolling meth lab"....Brittney was apparently always looking for a ride somewhere. She could have hitch hiked or found a ride on Craigslist with those people.

IMO Brittney is not/was not involved with doing meth. Even after a limited amount of use, it rots your teeth out and gives you sores on your face and body.

As hard as it was to do (teens driveling on about nothing all day, every day) :doh: and with the Urban Dictionary open in another tab, I read Brittney's facebook page beginning with 5/31/11. I didn't see any hint of anything worse than cigarettes and alcohol were being used by her or her circle of friends. She may have liked to smoke weed every so often but I think that's pretty normal.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Also... can anyone identify the make/model of the truck in this photo? How easy is it to install & remove truck bed covers?

Is this question regarding Brittney Wood's disappearance or are you asking for input for another case?

If it's for Brittney, can you please explain how it fits in? (If there is another white truck involved in this case....I may have to run!)

There is another case nearby (within 4 hours of Mobile) that has a white 4 door truck as a vehicle of interest... The photo I posted has ties to BW so I was curious. Granted there are thousands of white 4 door trucks on the road but given the similarities I'd be remiss if I didn't inquire about the make/model of this particular truck.

You should try the Mickey Shunick thread....they LOVE researching white trucks over there! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ok... so I am not exactly clear on what information we can post here about things we read on FB since they are not MSM or based on factual information BUT... I noted something upthread today that was VERY disturbing.

I read it on someone's FB page from 2011... it was to BW from one of her very close friends and this friend was talking about the time they got that "child molester to buy us beer" and then they robbed or stole something from him and ran off.

If this type of post is not permitted then please accept my sincerest apologies but I felt that I had to mention it because there is a missing girl who may have been associated with a potential child molester. That isn't something I can easily dismiss from my mind.

Have we heard anything from today's search?

You should try the Mickey Shunick thread....they LOVE researching white trucks over there! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That is why I asked about the make & model of this particular truck which does have ties to BW. I don't know enough about automotives to be able to identify it.

Someone here mentioned they believe the photo I posted is a Ford and if that is correct then it is not a match for the other case... just a coincidental 4 door white truck.

That is a tiny picture, do you have a link to where the picture came from? It does look like a ford though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member