AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me link that says Brittney was involved with meth?

And, why are peeps sleuthing people that have not been named as a POI?

daisy7, this is the only link we have for meth use. I guess it's from a local but I'm not sure.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012

I think some of us are reading FB links from friends who post on her official FB missing page. We've not mentioned any names for privacy purposes, but in general, we find her peer group very concerning. I hope I'm being vague enough, if not, please delete. Sadly, even though Brittney is a WS featured forum, there haven't been any MSM articles for days.

If her phone is pinging can't the carrier of the service see if there are incoming/outgoing calls, and who they are being made to/from?

If the phone is pinging but has not been used, couldn't that indicate that the phone was discarded somewhere? Why are they not searching for the phone?

I guess Ithey are looking for her assuming she has the phone with her

has it been stated in MSM that her phone is pinging?
was the uncle's death ruled a suicide?

So it sounds to me like she's hiding out with friends in Grand Bay, laying low. She's over 18 and doesn't want to be found, it's not illegal. From what I have read about the family I'd want to get away, too!

Honestly, I could go either way on this one. It could be that she chose to leave and is staying away of her own choice OR someone, likely someone that she knew, harmed her and has her phone.

If her phone is pinging can't the carrier of the service see if there are incoming/outgoing calls, and who they are being made to/from?

It appears that law enforcement is working with the cell provider. It sounds like there might have been a delay in getting the info because law enforcement needs probable cause to get a court order for release of the records. They can't just call up the company and request them. Several family members expressed their frustration with how long this was taking, so I am guessing that law enforcement needed to do some investigating to be sure that BW was actually missing before they could say that they had probable cause. That is just a guess and an opinion, though.

I'm a relative of some of the people closest to BW and have been following since I was first asked to join the home town search fb event. I know a bit about the family and BW's personal history.

I don't know that the whole family believes in the uncle's lack of involvement in her disappearance, but I know there was some discord because of vague accusations, so they have tried to minimize that.

I don't know that they have actual information to suggest that BW is hiding rather than a victim of foul play, but they want to believe she is safe. Her phone was powered on 6 days after she went missing, and that is the only hint that I'm aware of that she may be in hiding. Personally, I believe someone who harmed her could have the phone.

If I find out anything relevant, I'll share and if there's anything you'd like me to try to find out that might be helpful to finding her, let me know. I've never been involved in a search, so I don't know what all would be helpful.

I'm a relative of some of the people closest to BW and have been following since I was first asked to join the home town search fb event. I know a bit about the family and BW's personal history.

I don't know that the whole family believes in the uncle's lack of involvement in her disappearance, but I know there was some discord because of vague accusations, so they have tried to minimize that.

I don't know that they have actual information to suggest that BW is hiding rather than a victim of foul play, but they want to believe she is safe. Her phone was powered on 6 days after she went missing, and that is the only hint that I'm aware of that she may be in hiding. Personally, I believe someone who harmed her could have the phone.

If I find out anything relevant, I'll share and if there's anything you'd like me to try to find out that might be helpful to finding her, let me know. I've never been involved in a search, so I don't know what all would be helpful.

Welcome to Websleuths Zeaux!!

Thank you!

To answer a question, BW's daughter (P) is in the custody of her paternal grandmother, not P's father.

I've been told BW's phone was pretty new & didn't have gps activated. All they have are the pings from actual use.

The information supposedly 'clearing' DH of involvement doesn't convince me or others close to the case.

A few relatives think she's in hiding for unknown reasons, while others are trying to come to terms with possibly never seeing her again. It's very sad.

I have a few more details, but don't want to share information that is being withheld from the media.

daisy7, this is the only link we have for meth use. I guess it's from a local but I'm not sure.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012

I think some of us are reading FB links from friends who post on her official FB missing page. We've not mentioned any names for privacy purposes, but in general, we find her peer group very concerning. I hope I'm being vague enough, if not, please delete. Sadly, even though Brittney is a WS featured forum, there haven't been any MSM articles for days.

Thank you. This poster has not yet been verified as an insider, so what he/she says should be considered as a rumor. I'm sure y'all already know that FB posts are considered rumors here, as anyone could post whatever they want to on FB. So, unless we hear about a confirmed meth connection to Brittney, this discussion needs to end now.

If a member is a local/knows the people involved and has inside information, then they must be verified to post this inside info. Please email us at wsverify@xmission.com with the following info to get verified:

Their Websleuths name
Their phone number and a good time to call
Their real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential

TY! Makes sense to me..I think what WHH meant re: organ donor is after an hour in his condition it was too late to donate..I don't think anyone expected him to live that long..Once he did they left it in "God's hands" & IIRC it wasn't too much longer after that he did pass away.

eta..I just saw where she said to his daughter she was gonna "donate" his organs but this is also when they were talking about taking him off "life support" so I guess I was wrong about my statement above..Now I'm thinking that 'hour' was after that happened & for whatever reason they weren't able to work it out with a recipient before that 'hour' after he passed was up..I do recall now that ppl waiting for a transplant have to get to the hospital ASAP when they get the call there's a donor for them..IOW! They must never be too far away.

The organs are sometimes removed (harvested) from the organ donor and transported to other hospitals. I know this because my husband, an anesthesiologist, has been involved in them. He says it is a highly organized efficient procedure. On his last "organ harvest", a transplant team was flown in to our local hospital around midnight. The team was comprised of smaller teams with surgeons who had the responsibility of removing a specific organ(s) from the donor. The team brought equipment for packing/preserving the donated organs (including liver, kidneys, heart, corneas, bones and other things). The different organs were then flown out to other hospitals. My husband was there to switch off the donor's ventilator after the procedure was complete.

Knowing this, I was confused by WHH's comment about organ donation...but then again...many of her posts confused me. Hoping and praying for news about Brittney soon!

BTW: My husband and I are both organ donors.

Thank you!

To answer a question, BW's daughter (P) is in the custody of her paternal grandmother, not P's father.

I've been told BW's phone was pretty new & didn't have gps activated. All they have are the pings from actual use.

The information supposedly 'clearing' DH of involvement doesn't convince me or others close to the case.

A few relatives think she's in hiding for unknown reasons, while others are trying to come to terms with possibly never seeing her again. It's very sad.

I have a few more details, but don't want to share information that is being withheld from the media.

Welcome to WS, Zeaux! Please see my last post about how to get verified as an insider for this case. Thanks!

I hope I haven't misstepped. I am not interested in becoming verified at this time because 1) I prefer to remain anonymous as I don't have permission to share private info, and 2) I'm not sharing anything that the family or LE are keeping from the media. I'm just hoping to answer some general questions that may or may not calm some fears, at least regarding little P.

Does anyone else think it odd that LE called off official search in Styx River area on Thurs I think due to the fact that they found out her phone was turned back on six days after she became missing.....we knew that last weekend. What is the deal??? Are they that slow? Surely they know more than they are revealing. They really seem rather cool about this search as if they believe she is alive and missing. Just because her phone was turned back on does not mean SHE turned it on. Whoever gave her a ride may have turned it on. I get the impression that she is a sweet girl unlike some of her gangster looking self centered FB friends. Hate to say but IMO if she was alive she would have let her mama know by now that she was safe. Anyone else agree?

Her phone could have been found along a road by a stranger who didn't know anything about Brittney's disappearance. The stranger could be the one who turned the phone on. moo

I agree it's hard to imagine BW not contacting her mom or dad after all this time.

The reasons I've been told for changing the search area doesn't seem compelling. Seems like both areas should be searched. Still don't understand.

I hope I haven't misstepped. I am not interested in becoming verified at this time because 1) I prefer to remain anonymous as I don't have permission to share private info, and 2) I'm not sharing anything that the family or LE are keeping from the media. I'm just hoping to answer some general questions that may or may not calm some fears, at least regarding little P.

No worries!! We just ask that you not post insider info that is not in MSM (main stream media). We are happy you are here at WS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse