AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, daisy7. I will be careful. I don't want to jeopardize the investigation. There should be some more media attention tomorrow if things go as planned.

Is it possible that a phone tech activated the phone remotely? If it was turned on approx 6 days after Brittney's disappearance, that may be how long it takes to get the paperwork approved.

Is it possible that a phone tech activated the phone remotely? If it was turned on approx 6 days after Brittney's disappearance, that may be how long it takes to get the paperwork approved.

From what I've been told, the LE has made some decisions based on the phone. I'd like to think they'd check into all possibilities. But my only experience with this is watching TruTV.

I'm just getting familiar with this one and I haven't even read through the threads here yet. I'm local, but not an insider in anyway at all, I don't know anyone at all connected so in that regard I'm rather useless but if I can help work out other details on locations and maps then I'll try. First things first though so I guess I should start reading....

I agree it's hard to imagine BW not contacting her mom or dad after all this time.

The reasons I've been told for changing the search area doesn't seem compelling. Seems like both areas should be searched. Still don't understand.

I agree with you about BW not contacting anyone by now. It just doesn't seem likely that she would remain out of touch with everyone in her life. I could see her maybe avoiding some of her friends, but not her entire family and all of her friends. Still, I am open to the idea that she has taken off on her own because it would mean that she is alive and well.

From what I've been told, the LE has made some decisions based on the phone. I'd like to think they'd check into all possibilities. But my only experience with this is watching TruTV.

I think that finding the phone might give law enforcement answers to some of their questions. If BW is using the phone and they find it, they find her. If someone else is using the phone and they find it, then it gives them additional information and leads to follow. Given that the phone is a prepaid cell, I think that whoever had/has it thought that it couldn't be tracked. I have often heard people say that prepaid phones can't be tracked, so it is reasonable to assume that someone might have BW's phone and think that they are "off the grid".

I'm a relative of some of the people closest to BW and have been following since I was first asked to join the home town search fb event. I know a bit about the family and BW's personal history.

I don't know that the whole family believes in the uncle's lack of involvement in her disappearance, but I know there was some discord because of vague accusations, so they have tried to minimize that.

I don't know that they have actual information to suggest that BW is hiding rather than a victim of foul play, but they want to believe she is safe. Her phone was powered on 6 days after she went missing, and that is the only hint that I'm aware of that she may be in hiding. Personally, I believe someone who harmed her could have the phone.

If I find out anything relevant, I'll share and if there's anything you'd like me to try to find out that might be helpful to finding her, let me know. I've never been involved in a search, so I don't know what all would be helpful.

These are some questions that I couldn't find answers to:

1. Did BW plan on being gone over night? Did she take a purse, backpack, clothes with her? I didn't see anything listed in the description of what she was wearing when she left, but wanted to double check.
2. Does BW smoke? If yes, does she favor a particular brand?
3. Was she in the habit of carrying cash, credit cards, debit card?
4. What was her normal method of topping up minutes on her phone? Did she purchase phone cards, or have a credit card that was charged when she added minutes?
5. Does BW have a laptop or other wireless device that she would use to access the internet? Does she belong to any online gaming forums or have other interests that she pursues online?

The above were just some things that I wondered about, mainly to see if there was any way to "track" BW's possible movements after she left home.

1. Did BW plan on being gone over night? Did she take a purse, backpack, clothes with her? I didn't see anything listed in the description of what she was wearing when she left, but wanted to double check.
4. What was her normal method of topping up minutes on her phone? Did she purchase phone cards, or have a credit card that was charged when she added minutes?
5. Does BW have a laptop or other wireless device that she would use to access the internet? Does she belong to any online gaming forums or have other interests that she pursues online?

The above were just some things that I wondered about, mainly to see if there was any way to "track" BW's possible movements after she left home.

1. I can ask for more info, but reports say she had a pink or teal bag. I haven't asked for clarification.
2. I can ask that, too.
3. Cash, if anything.
4. She had been on a family plan until recently. I think that's why there are so many questions about the phone--it was a recent change.
5. Her previous phone had web access. She used Facebook regularly.

Tracking her is what her family and LE are trying to do. That's why the search area changed, though I disagree with the decision to stop searching the Styx River area unless LE knows more than they're telling (I get the idea they're withholding info, maybe because they haven't eliminated persons who may be involved). Part of the problem is dealing with different LE agencies. Two different counties. The Baldwin County LE has apparently been more helpful than Mobile.

I agree with you about BW not contacting anyone by now. It just doesn't seem likely that she would remain out of touch with everyone in her life. I could see her maybe avoiding some of her friends, but not her entire family and all of her friends. Still, I am open to the idea that she has taken off on her own because it would mean that she is alive and well.

She has taken off before, but remained in contact with family and friends. She's never been gone more than a few days, and even then made contact. This is entirely different. No one has heard from her. Her brother has been incarcerated & was just released. If she was able to, she would be in touch with him.

According to these two posts from her facebook she does smoke and likes Newport brand. (The times noted are Pacific time as I am in WA state, add 2 hours for Central time)

Hope that helps!

Brittney Wood
Payton Finally Feel Asleep. Im About To Die For A Cigg. Lol Then Off To Bed With My Angel♥
Share • Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 8:56pm •

Brittney Wood
Need a newport!!!
Share • Sunday, February 26 at 3:23pm via mobile •

Wow, princesspjs, you're thorough! Wonder if the local LE is trying as hard to get clues!

To all of our new members...

84580,xcitefun-welcome.gif

Zeaux, do you know if Brittney lived in Texas at one time? Also, do you know if PMH's father was ever shot by somebody where Britt lived & while PMH was in the house? Lastly, since you've informed AH's mother is actually the person that has custody of PMH, is there a court order showing this or did BW just sign her over? Thanks sooo much!

Zeaux, re Brittney taking off...

I automatically assumed Brittney doesn't have a car, which is why she walked everywhere and/or bummed rides all the time...BUT...I failed to find out - does she actually have a driver's license? If not, why?

Zeaux, did Brittney have anyone in her family that she may not have gotten along with? It's been stated that her uncle that died was her favorite, but what about his wife? What was Britt's relationship like with her?

Zeaux, which coroner is assessing Uncle Donnie? Which county - Baldwin or Mobile? I'm just wondering if it's the same coroner's office that busted their secretary for narcotic / prescription drugs theft... Heck, maybe they share a coroner, I'd better go check...

Re the other times Brittney jetted, I wonder where she went, how far it was, if she packed anything then...

Bc she didn't pack anything this time from what we've seen. Or no?

I have a hard time knowing Britt was going 35-40 miles away without packing anything. I mean, hitching a ride is crazy but understandable, however not packing a change of clothes just rubs me the wrong way. I mean, not even panties, tshirt, toothbrush or deodorant? Odd...

When Brittney left, did she leave in haste or act as if it were preplanned?

Zeaux, do you know if Brittney lived in Texas at one time? Also, do you know if PMH's father was ever shot by somebody where Britt lived & while PMH was in the house? Lastly, since you've informed AH's mother is actually the person that has custody of PMH, is there a court order showing this or did BW just sign her over? Thanks sooo much!

This odd to me. AH has stated on his facebook that he has custody of PH. He has a court order dated 04/03/2012 from Juvenile Court giving him full legal custody of PH and giving BW visitation rights. It says nothing about the paternal grandmother in the court order.

According to these two posts from her facebook she does smoke and likes Newport brand. (The times noted are Pacific time as I am in WA state, add 2 hours for Central time)

Hope that helps!

Brittney Wood
Payton Finally Feel Asleep. Im About To Die For A Cigg. Lol Then Off To Bed With My Angel♥
Share • Wednesday, August 17, 2011 at 8:56pm •

Brittney Wood
Need a newport!!!
Share • Sunday, February 26 at 3:23pm via mobile •

Thanks!!!
I was curious about the smoking because my brother managed a gas station for a few years and they sold lottery tickets and cigarettes. He got to really know his regulars more by what they drove and smoked than anything. Smoking is a habit that people tend to keep, so I was wondering if maybe asking around at places that sell her brand and mentioning that she might have bought Newports might trigger someone's memory or make them more alert to anyone that buys that brand.

Also, I am a huge coffee drinker. When I travel, that habit stays with me. I prefer Dunkin or Starbucks, so I will automatically gravitate towards those places. I always order the same thing. Does BW have a particular habit like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member