AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another case nearby (within 4 hours of Mobile) that has a white 4 door truck as a vehicle of interest... The photo I posted has ties to BW so I was curious. Granted there are thousands of white 4 door trucks on the road but given the similarities I'd be remiss if I didn't inquire about the make/model of this particular truck.

Ah ,yes I know of that case, just thought there was something I missed reading

Even IF it is found to be true that she was in a "rolling meth lab"....Brittney was apparently always looking for a ride somewhere. She could have hitch hiked or found a ride on Craigslist with those people.

IMO Brittney is not/was not involved with doing meth. Even after a limited amount of use, it rots your teeth out and gives you sores on your face and body.

As hard as it was to do (teens driveling on about nothing all day, every day) :doh: and with the Urban Dictionary open in another tab, I read Brittney's facebook page beginning with 5/31/11. I didn't see any hint of anything worse than cigarettes and alcohol were being used by her or her circle of friends. She may have liked to smoke weed every so often but I think that's pretty normal.

IMO, JMO, MOO

limited use sometimes has that effect. not always. i have an inlaw that has been using it daily for 10+ years. she lost one back tooth u cannot see and her skin is only bad occasionally. when people see her, they are amazed. so don't assume that u can always tell by looking at them. and she never says anything meth like on her facebook. ever. also, unfortunately, u cannot access our local juvenile court records. AH did not take BW to court and win custody of their daughter b/c she likes to smoke pot. Also, a close family of his that helps him with the daughter said he got custody bc of BW's drug problem. She also said BW dropped her daughter of with him and did not come back to get her for over a week. He felt that like that was the final straw and was concerned for his daughters safety.

Also, did anyone else notice the necklace in the missing poster is a replica of brass knuckles? around here, a lot of teenagers think they are "hard", "street" or "gangsta". I'm sorry but I don't see a lot of girls wearing brass knuckles that are not part of that lifestyle. We live in a drug community here. Pot is common. People from all walks of life smoke it here. It's really considered a non-factor. These "hard" teenagers...doing a lot more than smoking pot.

I finally just caught up.

Ok, so Brittney def has a prepaid cell? I thought federal electronic laws changed some years back to mandate gps or some kind of tracking installed in them. Does anyone remember or know anything about this? I think it was done around the time Fed DEA agents were fighting the major war against drug cartels coming from Colombia & Mexico. I think it was around the time those tunnels were discovered going from Mexico into Cali, up the western coast... I don't know if laws changed or if lawmakers just talked about it to alleviate trafficking, bc most were known to use throwaway cells. They used them back then bc they felt safer, like they couldn't be traced, bc there wasn't gps & they could use fake names during set up of the phone.

I thought the laws changed during 911 because the terrorists all used untrackable perpaid cell phones!

What y'all are thinking of is E911 (enhanced 911) and it has nothing to do with drug trafficking or terrorists. Rather it deals with the fact that over 50% of 911 calls come from cell phones and the ability of a 911 operator being able to map that phone to a physical location. It allows emergency services to be able to retrieve cell tower pings or gps locations within 5 minutes from the cellular provider without the need for a subpoena when a call goes through the 911 system.

You can still buy cell phones anonymously (or they might ask you name/address info and you can put whatever you want and it is not verified in most circumstances).

Hi ya'll! I am new, but have been following BW case as a guest from day 1.

I came upon a mugshot website that has 2 incidents where AH has been arrested.

.....just sayin'

.....just sayin'

:Welcome1::welcome3:

Sorry... I should have been more clear when I used "officials" although I did not want to point fingers in any specific direction (LE or ME)... AND without knowing how many medical examiners are employed in Fairhope or if it was the same ME that indicated suicide for both reports.

To me at least it just seemed to be yet another possible "head scratching" coincidence in this small town.

I was curious about the Grand Jury ruling on the suicide versus homicide approach because I couldn't help but wonder if at some point we'll see the same thing here. I'd love to know if the police are still investigating the suicide of BW's uncle. Do they suspect foul play at all? Is there a chance that BW ran away because she heard about the suicide and was afraid that she would somehow be implicated? I know that it's a stretch, but law enforcement specifically stated in one of the latest media articles that she was not in any trouble with the law. It made me wonder if she thought she was in some kind of trouble.

Are you referring to the Hometown Search site started by the step-mom?

Yes. The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood facebook page has updates indicating that the family has moved the search area to Grand Bay. Klaas is still providing support to the family regarding searches, but aren't organizing large scale ground searches at this time. It would appear that the change was directed by law enforcement based on potential sighting (per media article) and GPS from BW's phone (from FB posts made by family). The family was apparently told by law enforcement that BW made it to Grand Bay in the early morning hours of 5/31.

.....just sayin'

And he just got custody?

Also, did anyone else notice the necklace in the missing poster is a replica of brass knuckles? around here, a lot of teenagers think they are "hard", "street" or "gangsta". I'm sorry but I don't see a lot of girls wearing brass knuckles that are not part of that lifestyle. We live in a drug community here. Pot is common. People from all walks of life smoke it here. It's really considered a non-factor. These "hard" teenagers...doing a lot more than smoking pot.

An entire community of drug users? That is very sad.

I don't know if he has custody or not. IMO, I hope not. Both arrests have happened within the last 12 months I believe.

I always assumed that BW real mom had custody. Why? It appears as if they were both pregnant around the same time, and it just made sense to me that CW would be primary caregiver to both babies????? IMO

Yes. The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood facebook page has updates indicating that the family has moved the search area to Grand Bay. Klaas is still providing support to the family regarding searches, but aren't organizing large scale ground searches at this time. It would appear that the change was directed by law enforcement based on potential sighting (per media article) and GPS from BW's phone (from FB posts made by family). The family was apparently told by law enforcement that BW made it to Grand Bay in the early morning hours of 5/31.

So it sounds to me like she's hiding out with friends in Grand Bay, laying low. She's over 18 and doesn't want to be found, it's not illegal. From what I have read about the family I'd want to get away, too!

An entire community of drug users? That is very sad.

I wouldn't say "entire". I don't use drugs. My friends, immediate family, and co-workers do not use drugs. However, if you have to pick up a rx and the local walmart pharmacy...there will be 10 people in line. Pay attention, because last time I had to wait 15 minutes for 8 of them to buy boxes of sudafed. That's just the meth heads. We have tons of xanax heads, crack heads, powder heads, lortab junkies, etc.

And he just got custody?

I'm never sure how much we can discuss FB.

If it's true he's raising their baby, I am very concerned.

Do we know where Brittney was living? It's said she left Chessie's home at 7:30 pm but has it been stated she lived there? I wish we'd get an update from LE. As missgulfsouth says, Brittney is 18 and we don't know of any crime she's committed so she has every right to her privacy. I just wish we knew if she was okay.

I wouldn't say "entire". I don't use drugs. My friends, immediate family, and co-workers do not use drugs. However, if you have to pick up a rx and the local walmart pharmacy...there will be 10 people in line. Pay attention, because last time I had to wait 15 minutes for 8 of them to buy boxes of sudafed. That's just the meth heads. We have tons of xanax heads, crack heads, powder heads, lortab junkies, etc.

What a mess.:notgood:

Can someone give me link that says Brittney was involved with meth?

And, why are peeps sleuthing people that have not been named as a POI?

So it sounds to me like she's hiding out with friends in Grand Bay, laying low. She's over 18 and doesn't want to be found, it's not illegal. From what I have read about the family I'd want to get away, too!

No matter how old!
If she is alive out there she should have called LE.

I wonder if any of her friends suddenly went on vacation..
someone had to have picked her up wed evening im thinking Uncle donnie!

I do believe they spent time together!

For what reason i dont know!!! Drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads