AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's our CW.

Question: If a person was totally innocent and her attorney knew that...wouldn't it benefit them to take the lie detector test? Is there any reason for an innocent person to refuse one?

Ive heard that since they are not admissible in court many attorneys wont allow them. Not sure if it's true. Just what I have heard.

Ive heard that since they are not admissible in court many attorneys wont allow them. Not sure if it's true. Just what I have heard.

But they are used as an investigative tool and can rule ppl out in a crime.

You are right that it can't be used, but I always thought it can't be used against you if you are the defendant and didn't pass. I knew CW knew more about BW than she stated when she said her attorney adviced her not to take one.

BTW. I think she was lying about even having an atttorney at that point. I almost think if the Wood family perps mouths are moving then they are lying!

But they are used as an investigative tool and can rule ppl out in a crime.

Right, and most people would take one if their child was missing and they were innocent. It would help LE turn full focus on others.

I suppose, regardless of its value as evidence or not, a lie detector test can really help police exclude the people closest to a missing person quickly, from their investigations.

I don't know if I'm being simplistic, but I'd have thought commonsense would indicate that a person willing and eager to take a test, who encourages other relatives to take one too, would not raise suspicions in the way someone refusing would. Espeially if it's the parents of a child.

I'm sure I've seen several cases where people have been asked to take a test, agreed but it was never followed through. Police just seemed to be using it as a litmus test, to see how co-operative people were being. As they take a lot of time and money but can't be used as evidence, that seems a good strategy to me.

Wow...

It's crazy how much has happened since I last viewed this thread. However, let me just say this:
A SMALL GROUP OF US HERE HIT THE NAIL ON THE FREAKIN HEAD WITH REGARDS TO THE PEOPLE NOW IN CUSTODY - EVERY LAST ONE OF THESE CRAZY PERVERTED WHACKJOBS! My intuition says there's more yet to be arrested, maybe significant others? Lol...

Sometimes, just sometimes, things can't be posted publicly about stuff that's researched. Holy cow. Crazy, none of us are even cops! Wait...not that I'm aware of...

Steph, I'm still thinkin' of ya. Sending good positive thoughts your way. Peace. Strength. Keep on keepin' on.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/posts/10151986920763944

Lots of interesting comments. A couple from mothers of Jenny's scout troop. Says the boys always had their meeting at her house, and she has a dark room to teach the boys how photos are developed.

???

Was anything more reported on this dark room? I didn't even think people used darkrooms anymore, what with hd digital & monitors with good pixels, etc. Considering how inexpensive printers are nowadays, why go through the trouble of using a dark room & chemicals to develop film? It doesn't even make sense...unless she was using disposable cameras.

I keep having the thought that maybe Brittney is in witness protection and/or she's somehow in communication with LE and helping to break this whole thing open. I'd love to think that she has been able to reach out to the victims and they talked to her and she encouraged them to go to LE.

All this is pure speculation and maybe wishful thinking on my part that Brittney is alive and safe.

She's not in witness protection. For some reason it keeps coming up. Would be nice, though. The authorities wouldn't be investigating her as a missing person if she were under govt protection. Also, a cop went on record to say he didn't think she was alive. I think it was the same detective that was interviewed by Andrew Perez some months back. Gosh, I can't remember at the moment. Police also mentioned she was a victim.

& I'm curious how many of us think its possible Scott used the guise of geocaching to share child &/or cummunal *advertiser censored*...

I have absolutely no connection with this case. Yet my heart is broken for what happened to Brittney and all the other children/juveniles involved, including her brother and cousin who are in jail, for they were raised into this h*ll on earth and it was all they knew.

I have an active imagination and I've read a lot of mystery books and followed many true crime stories. It was the way Brittney reached out to the girl on Facebook who said she'd been raped that makes me feel that she would do everything she can to help the victims.

Also I think that what we know is only the tip of the iceberg.

Totally agree! I think investigators are only sharing certain things with the pubic to either generate more info or bc said info has been used to its worth already. I think they have tons more. Omgosh, just thinking about the cyber data they had to have accrued gives me a migraine lol! These people are cooked...

Donald Holland was Brittney's favorite uncle. She was very close with him. I don't for a single second doubt that she knew of these sex allegations. Actually, to sink it home, I'll put it into this perspective - Britt & Derek were very close, inseparable. I'm certain Brittney knew about what happened to Derek & also what Derek did to be charged with his sex crime. They were raised in this family. They were taught to be this way. They were probably all groomed as young kids for crying out loud.

Since the first time I read the Facebook message Britt shared with her cousin (the one released in the media numerous times), I didn't really view it as her reaching out. I viewed it as her feeling it out. She wanted to know what the girl knew. I mean, the victim is specifically telling her what happened & who was involved, yet Britt says she didn't know what was said & what is the truth?

<modsnip>

If she's not, then I think she was murdered or committed suicide bc she was afraid of what was to come. She knew the chit was gonna hit the fan. She knew a detective was wanting to speak with her.

My personal opinion at the moment hasn't changed - I think she's deceased. However, I can see how others might not think that and that makes sense too. I just don't see her leaving her daughter. IMO she might have viewed baby P as the one perfect thing she did in her life, something to be proud of.

I wonder about Chessie. As much as I agree she wins no mother award, is it possible she's innocent of what she's been charged with? Out of all that's arrested, she's the only one I've second guessed. I mean, I'm not surprised she was arrested, after all look at how she has her mom living there - the same whacko that's still sending $$$ to Brittney's rapist in jail. But with the way she's vehemently denying the molestation charges against her, it sort of makes me wonder if she could be telling the truth. Is it possible? Could she have been falsely accused as retribution for the downfall of this child sex abuse / *advertiser censored* circle? I'm still not liking this lady...but over time have wondered what if.

FOX10's earlier post now has the 9pm broadcast clip with Andrew Perez.
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/baldwin-county/11th-person-in-alleged-sex-ring-arrested

Andrew says in the video "Baldwin County is expected to add new charges to older suspects and other agencies are looking at new suspects."

I also heard "The Holland case is even crossing state lines."

I love Andrew's reporting on this case, but this thought kinda sums it up - Uhhhhh duhhhhh...

:waiting: :hourglass: :scared: :panic: :whip: :jail:

I think Scott told about the abuse because he knew they were going to get caught!
So he decided to go to LE and say yea this is whats going on and told about everything in return for a lighter sentence.

Did RSW take a poly lie detector test after he went into LE to confess to a crime he was part of?

It shows he was thinking ahead to cover his own behind.

Then, when Brittney goes missing, he's the one organizing searches. He strikes me as someone that thinks ahead and does things to get out of being caught. Seems he wants to appear as "the good guy" even though he took part in the crimes.

Is anybody having a problem with hitting Thanks & having your handle show up? I've hit Thanks on sooo many posts but its not showing up on any of them.

Did RSW take a poly lie detector test after he went into LE to confess to a crime he was part of?

It shows he was thinking ahead to cover his own behind.

Then, when Brittney goes missing, he's the one organizing searches. He strikes me as someone that thinks ahead and does things to get out of being caught.

Don't know if he took a poly.

Yeah, I agree he's the one with half a brain. The other half seem to be shared by the rest of his siblings. Deranged...the whole lot of 'em.

Wonder what his relationship is like with his own kids... I feel so sorry for them.

The other sister hasn't been implicated at all. I hope she's getting help to deal with all of this going on around her. She stood up for a couple of them in the beginning of this mess, then she went silent. I think somebody (maybe Scott or Chessie) told her the real deal. Gosh I feel bad for her. This is enough to drive somebody insane. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee