AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a cover up, and certainly not any cover up of a crime.

Just a complete failure to acknowledge or handle the publicity slowly building about their family members. It is true I do not know if the footballers family had access to a PR professional, but I would have thought there was someone available to give professional advice.

It is that professional's approach I just can't understand, if there was one.

I'm sorry. Obviously, I misunderstood your post. This is a tender subject for me for many reasons.
Yes, Dustin is AJ's uncle. BUT, we need to remember, Britt is not AJ's cousin.

I just don't understand how AJ's uncle being a child rapist is news. It is good juicy gossip, yes, but not newsworthy.

I'll actually lose all faith if that young man's career gets damaged because of a distant family link with this case. What would that suggest for the other young victims, and Peyton? They are all related too, and have had more than their fair share of suffering. I hope all blame and damage gets directed exactly where it is due.

I'm sorry. Obviously, I misunderstood your post. This is a tender subject for me for many reasons.
Yes, Dustin is AJ's uncle. BUT, we need to remember, Britt is not AJ's cousin.

I just don't understand how AJ's uncle being a child rapist is news. It is good juicy gossip, yes, but not newsworthy.

One good thing that did strike me - once again, Chessie seems to have gone against her lawyer's wishes in talking to the newspaper. She refused to talk to them without a lawyer at first, then it looks like she just could not keep quiet.

Even if her lawyer's been at every police interview, it gives me hope that at a trial, everything Chessie knows will come out.

Welcome, Percyfaith! I know it's confusing with all the names, but I think you mean Donny, not Danny?

Yes, I meant Donny. Thanks!

So many names! I can't believe that this many people went along/knew/participated in this amount of depravity.

Yes, I meant Donny. Thanks!

So many names! I can't believe that this many people went along/knew/participated in this amount of depravity.

It is unbelievable. Usually there is one bad apple. Here the whole bag is rotten.

[Borrowing images of some of Curious' angry bird friends:]
article-2516875-19C60F6F00000578-655_634x341.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ks-like-flown-straight-famous-video-game.html
article-2358817-1ABA6FF7000005DC-589_634x889.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eatures-look-furious-having-photos-taken.html

Thanks for the grin, Quester. Love those birds!

I'll actually lose all faith if that young man's career gets damaged because of a distant family link with this case. What would that suggest for the other young victims, and Peyton? They are all related too, and have had more than their fair share of suffering. I hope all blame and damage gets directed exactly where it is due.

Bolded by Me while yelling, "Me too!"

That is one creepy molester van! :scared:

that entire set up looks just like it sounds, a set-up. The purpose is: "My daughter is dead and please pity me" or "My daughter is dead & I feel guilty, so I'm making this as a distraction away from how i feel and the truth", or lastly "My daughter is dead, I know who did it - and everytime she drives by here she's going to see this to Brittney and it will eat at her".

I noticed CW's interview was billed as an 'exclusive'. I don't know how it works with the US version, but that almost invariably means someone was paid in the Britain. If she was, I hope it benefits the little ones.

Thud. :)
I was just working on a post of Chessie classics, but am now distracted and maid mode calls. I'm sure #Alabama on Twitter will be popping.

BBM

Kate, I'm looking forward to your post on Chessie classics. However, I am concerned that you may get a severe headache. (-; Just thinking about all of the different stories-of-the-day almost gives me a migraine. A new day, a new story. The one that gets to me the most is "going to confront Donnie".

Keep the aspirin handy!

I really hope that his reputation will not be tarnished because of this. He's a young man at the height of his success and does not deserve to face unjustified repercussions for the actions of his scummy extended family. I hope that the family hires private PR or seeks any PR professionals available through the university so that they can speak out and do some effective damage control. There's been enough victims of these depraved people already. Though I do question whether it was best to keep hush-hush about this until after the ticking time bomb went off; proactive measures to save face (and to help find Brittney! - whether she was technically a cousin or not) might have been better.

Yet, as uncomfortable as it makes me feel, a small part of me is glad that the connection has finally been reported in the media. I've thought a lot about how I would feel about the media eventually running with this eye-catching headline. A huge part of me really sympathizes with AJ, his mother, and all of the other innocent family members who could be (and now have been) pulled through the mud due to the actions of another family member. However, another part of me recognizes how this high-profile connection could help bring us answers about Brittney by increasing media coverage, public awareness, and possibly various financial or political pressures for a resolution. There's also the possibility of these factors facilitating the discovery of additional victims of the sex crimes, particularly any victims that are outside the family or even outside of the two county area. There's the possibility that these types of victims exist and they deserve to receive justice and the treatment they undoubtedly need.

I guess I'm just anxious to see how this big reveal plays out for all those affected by these disturbing people. I really hope that enough good can come out of it to at least partially justify any harm caused to AJ and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm the dog who sits in that yard, and nobody took a picture of me for that article.
It's an outrage!"

BBM

Kate, I'm looking forward to your post on Chessie classics. However, I am concerned that you may get a severe headache. (-; Just thinking about all of the different stories-of-the-day almost gives me a migraine. A new day, a new story. The one that gets to me the most is "going to confront Donnie".

Keep the aspirin handy!

Ha! I went to Twitter to see what the buzz is, and found out the Univ of TX football coach is (rumored to be) resigning and right after that, someone had the Univ of AL football coach paged at the Austin airport as a prank and stirred up a mini frenzy.
I don't follow college football close enough to understand why, but still thought it an amusing prank to fuel more rumors. (or not.)
Still looking for the truth there, too.

That one is definitely in there, too. :)

Oh Curious ~ Please, I beg of you, please tell me that CW isn't responsible for / own pets too! TIA

I guess that team can afford expert PR advice, but I have to say that from moment I realized this was the equivalent of one of our Brit big football players, I was dumbfounded at the approach.

I don't even understand how any PR professional could have hoped the family connection would not surface publically. How much better it would have been if the young player and his family or their spokesperson had spoken up for his missing cousin early on, and aligned themselves on the side of one who so needed help. If the family link had been dealt with head on from the start, there would be no story now.

The way this has been handled was just a disaster waiting to happen, imo.

Brittney & the football guy are NOT cousins. They are not blood related at all.

"I'm the dog who sits in that yard, and nobody took a picture of me for that article.
It's an outrage!"

It's not still tied up in the yard the whole time, is it? You'd think CW might appreciate how awful it feels to be imprisoned in a small space, by now.

"Her uncle has committed suicide and supposedly he was the last one she was with and so we're worried about that," says Hanke. "I'm hoping to God and I really don't think he would hurt my baby," says Brittney's mother.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood 19, Mobile, 5/31/12 Media Links, Timeline, Maps *NO DISCUSSION*
MSM link is 404, thanks to bessie, the direct quote published is archived. The video of Chessie saying it was clipped and shown on HLN in their episode here - http://youtu.be/yIi3xWcMakk

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html
VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m going to throw that same question out to Chessie Wood, because you`re Brittany Wood`s mom. We were having audio problems. Chessie, what`s going on here?
WOOD: Well, I do not believe they have a relationship. He was married to my sister. And he was -- he was -- my son has even went to their house a lot.
My sister was at that house with Donnie the Thursday night, that would be June 1st. So we don`t know if she even made it to Don`s. She was not actually seen with Donnie. The reason we`re searching that area is because her phone was pinged there.
Now if it had some relation -- something to do with my brother-in- law`s suicide, we don`t know. The Mobile Police Department and the Baldwin County Sheriff`s Department is taking care of that. We as a family and a community is just searching for Brittany.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/brittney-woods-mom-still-has-faith
"She was happy as she could be. She wasn't upset at all. She walked out of my yard carrying a blue bag and just i thought she was going to a friend's (house.) That was the last time I saw her," said Wood.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/special-report-missing-brittney
"I'll never, ever, ever give up that little piece of hope that she's alive," said Chessie Wood.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/10/chessie_wood_accused_of_child.html
"I believe my daughter went to confront him about other victims and it backfired on her," Chessie Wood said. "She was a fireball and she found out some information that she couldn't handle.
"I believe Donnie killed my daughter over the sex crimes."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tney-Wood-pleads-SISTER-tell-body-buried.html
“No mother should lose their daughter, but it is even worse when there is no body. We just want to mourn. All I want is to be able to say goodbye to my daughter and to end the agony of not knowing', said Chessie.

“My daughter died because she was going to stand up and tell the truth', she said. 'My daughter died protecting people she cared about. I don't care what other people say she was doing the right thing.”

More, if we had the 21 minute version of the press conference transcribed, but I did not even capture the video. And haven't seen a transcription of the 6 min version still available.

MOO
There has been an ongoing campaign for a year and a half to destroy the life and future of AJ McCarron - who has nothing to do with Britt's disappearance or the horrendous crimes committed against the child victims.
There has been an "all out" Twitter campaign over the last several days to the Heisman voters in an attempt to destroy his chances of winning - just because he has an uncle who is a sick freak.
Slandering AJ and the University of Alabama has ZERO to do with finding Britt or justice for the victims.

The pictures were not sold. They were shared in an attempt to destroy a young man's career.

If the person who campaigned so furiously to destroy AJ had put some of that effort into finding Britt and/or seeking justice for the victims, we might have a hero.

BBM - Who has been leading this "ongoing campaign" "to destroy" against the football player? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoTX local