AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link i posted last has been updated and is more detailed on what happened. Fox just posted this too:

http://fox10tv.com/2014/08/06/sodomy-sex-abuse-suspect-rejects-plea-agreement-will-face-trial/

So he changed his mind at the last minute and wants a change of venue LMAO. The victim was in court, i hope they are doing okay with this. How incredibly strong they are to be standing and facing these monsters in court. I hope he gets way longer now, surely he doesn't think he's gonna walk with less?!

Kristina Zverjako ‏@Kristina_WPMI 27m
BREAKING NEWS: Randall Scott Wood, uncle of missing Brittney Wood, accepts a guilty plea for sodomy 2nd degree. @LOCAL15NEWS

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/two_in_wood_family_child_sex_i.html

Randall Wood, 44, of Mobile, pleaded guilty to a second-degree sodomy charge. Donald Holland Jr., 22, of Daphne, was given youthful offender status.

The Baldwin County District Attorney's Office dropped incest and second-degree sexual abuse charges against Randall Wood in exchange for his plea.

Randall Wood's sentencing on the sodomy charge has been scheduled for Oct. 23.

The sodomy charge carries a penalty of two to 20 years in prison. Baldwin County Assistant District Attorney Teresa Heinz said the sentence that she recommends for Holland will depend on his cooperation in the future.

Donald Holland Jr. was arrested on charges of second-degree rape, second-degree sexual abuse and incest. He previously asked for youthful offender status in his case, but the court denied his request.

Wednesday's hearing was held behind closed-doors. The cases against Donald Holland Jr. will be sealed as a result of his youthful offender status.

Under state law, a judge can grant youthful offender status to a person charged with a crime that happened when the person was under 21 years old.

Heinz said Donald Holland Jr. was not sentenced during the hearing. She said his sentence will depend on his cooperation in the future.

If little miss victim(s) is/are reading here - you are a HERO. Hope you will always know that. Stay strong. Many people are wishing you peace and happiness. :blowkiss:

Brownlee's an idiot. My gosh there's tons of evidence! Now between Baldwin AND Mobile, he'll probably do triple time! Here's video of his lawyer being interviewed regarding Brownlee not accepting the deal. Pilcher talks about the amount of time he's looking at for certain charges, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZuQ1JwuX0&feature=youtube_gdata

I think it's pretty clear the prosecution has the goods. I sooooo hope when Brownlee has his trials and IS found GUILTY he gets the book thrown at him. I am extremely angry about the plea rejection! This means the victims will likely have to testify in court twice. Not just once because he is facing 2 trials, Baldwin and Mobile. The prosecution stated a deal will not be offered again since Brownlee rejected this one. Maybe Brownlee will find some sense before the trials start and the prosecution will allow the deal. The victims have been through hell, God bless them. Brownlee is a piece of crap!

I think it's pretty clear the prosecution has the goods. I sooooo hope when Brownlee has his trials and IS found GUILTY he gets the book thrown at him. I am extremely angry about the plea rejection! This means the victims will likely have to testify in court twice. Not just once because he is facing 2 trials, Baldwin and Mobile. The prosecution stated a deal will not be offered again since Brownlee rejected this one. Maybe Brownlee will find some sense before the trials start and the prosecution will allow the deal. The victims have been through hell, God bless them. Brownlee is a piece of crap!

I understand how you feel, my gut is to feel that way too but I have always had a moral issue with "throwing the book:" at them if they reject a plea deal. If prosecutors think it is safe to have them out in 10 years for example and that is enough punishment, then that should be the sentence. To have a trial is everyone's right including innocent peoples, and to double up on the sentence because someone wants to exercise that right is simply wrong morally. Same with death penalty pleas. If someone says they are innocent for example, and rejects a plea, they don't suddenly deserve the death penalty. If the prosecutor is ok with LWOP then they should be ok with it no matter what.

imo

Chessie plead Not Guilty and will go to trial. Dustin took the deal and plead Guilty to 2nd rape and 2nd sodomy:

Kati Weis @KatiWeis · 5m
Dustin Kent, uncle by marriage to missing #BrittneyWood, took plea deal in #MobileCounty #court. Guilty to Rape 2nd & sodomy 2nd @FOX10News

Kati Weis @KatiWeis · 6m
Dustin Kent will face a sentencing hearing Nov 13, & could get 2-20 years in prison. @FOX10NewsKati Weis @KatiWeis · 6m

Chessie Wood, mother of missing #BrittneyWood pleading not guilty & will go to trial. @FOX10News

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/members_of_alleged_brittney_wo.html#incart_related_stories

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/brittney_woods_uncle_pleads_gu.html
1 / 13
Dustin Kent faces rape, sodomy, sexual abuse and child *advertiser censored* charges in Mobile County. On July 31, he pleaded guilty to second-degree rape and sodomy charges in Baldwin County. He is the uncle of missing Mobile woman Brittney Wood.
on August 07, 2014 at 1:42 PM, updated August 07, 2014 at 5:03 PM

MOBILE, Alabama – The first person to admit his guilt in an alleged two-county, inter-family child sex ring has now done so in courts on both sides of the bay.
On July 31, Dustin Kent pleaded guilty to second-degree rape and sodomy charges before Baldwin County Circuit Judge Jody Bishop, and Thursday had his day in Mobile County court. According to the prosecutors, Kent had sexual intercourse with two 13-year-olds as far back as the fall of 2008.
Both times were in an automobile and with girls he was related to, Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson said. Kent, 38, is the uncle of missing Mobile woman Brittney Wood.

Due to discovery issues in the cases of Mendy Kent, William "Billy" Brownlee, Chessie Wood, Wendy Holland, Nelton Morgan and James Cumbaa, their cases were reset to Aug. 21.

Published: May 30, 2014
"Lead investigators working on missing mother Brittney Wood’s case say they are waiting for forensics results on possible evidence found in a vehicle.

Detectives are not revealing who the vehicle belonged to. Only saying they found the vehicle a few months ago, took samples and sent possible evidence to a forensics lab.

Detectives say they sent possible evidence to a foresenics lab a few months ago and it will be another couple of months before they get the results."

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/britt...ensics-results-sources-close-to-case-talking/

It's been couple of months. I guess the evidence didn't pan out?

I missed the comments by the journalist on my first read of this article:
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...leged_brittney_wo.html#incart_related_stories

Since he is the author & is clarifying his MSM post, I think this a comment I can post:

Michael Dumas | mdumas@al.com 8 hours ago
Billy Brownlee apparently wasn't transported over from Baldwin County this morning, so his possible plea has been reset until Aug. 21, when most of the rest of these dependents will be seen again. There have apparently been some issues with discovery.

Published: May 30, 2014
"Lead investigators working on missing mother Brittney Wood’s case say they are waiting for forensics results on possible evidence found in a vehicle.

Detectives are not revealing who the vehicle belonged to. Only saying they found the vehicle a few months ago, took samples and sent possible evidence to a forensics lab.

Detectives say they sent possible evidence to a foresenics lab a few months ago and it will be another couple of months before they get the results."

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/britt...ensics-results-sources-close-to-case-talking/

It's been couple of months. I guess the evidence didn't pan out?

Patience...
Could be very interesting with the final four.

I understand how you feel, my gut is to feel that way too but I have always had a moral issue with "throwing the book:" at them if they reject a plea deal. If prosecutors think it is safe to have them out in 10 years for example and that is enough punishment, then that should be the sentence. To have a trial is everyone's right including innocent peoples, and to double up on the sentence because someone wants to exercise that right is simply wrong morally. Same with death penalty pleas. If someone says they are innocent for example, and rejects a plea, they don't suddenly deserve the death penalty. If the prosecutor is ok with LWOP then they should be ok with it no matter what.

imo

I completely agree with your take on a plea vs punishment after trial. The only thing I'd add is that I do think a plea should give an incentive to spare the court & victim's time, however the incentive shouldn't be that much of a difference when dealing with a prison sentence. It should still be within a certain realm.

I missed the comments by the journalist on my first read of this article:
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index...leged_brittney_wo.html#incart_related_stories

Since he is the author & is clarifying his MSM post, I think this a comment I can post:

Michael Dumas | mdumas@al.com 8 hours ago
Billy Brownlee apparently wasn't transported over from Baldwin County this morning, so his possible plea has been reset until Aug. 21, when most of the rest of these dependents will be seen again. There have apparently been some issues with discovery.

To put this in perspective, here's what they're referring to as a discovery issue...

http://fox10tv.com/2014/08/07/dustin-kent-chessie-wood-enter-pleas-in-sex-abuse-case/

According to the Mobile County District Attorney’s Office, their attorneys have issues with discovery. The DA’s office said the defense feels they have not seen all of the evidence against them that they are entitled to seeing, including some Department of Human Resources (DHR) reports in Baldwin County.

Holland, Kent, Cumbaa and Morgan all had court dates reset for August 21. On August 21, a DHR representative will be in Mobile County court to flesh out the discovery issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee