AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, same link...

http://fox10tv.com/2014/08/07/dustin-kent-chessie-wood-enter-pleas-in-sex-abuse-case/

“I shouldn’t be convicted, innocent people don’t get convicted,” said Wood after her court appearance Thursday morning. “I’m not going to take (a) plea deal.”

Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Nicki Patterson told FOX10 Thursday morning she has no trouble taking Wood to trial.

“The children in these cases are very descriptive, very graphic in their descriptions,” said Patterson, “I feel comfortable in putting them on the stand, and letting them tell a jury what happened to them.”

http://local15tv.com/news/features/...om-says-shes-innocent-6613.shtml#.U-RKIMu9KSM

On Thursday, Wood's uncle, Dustin Kent, pleaded guilty to second degree sodomy and rape charges in Mobile County. As part of his plea deal, his rape first charge was downgraded and six other charges were dropped. He'll be sentenced in Mobile County on November 13.

"He knows he's responsible for committing horrible acts," said his attorney John Beck.

"It is an embarrassment to him and his loved ones. It's a worst case scenario for him but he also knows he has to take responsibility for what he did," said Beck.

Patterson said Randall "Scott" Wood, Brittney Wood's other uncle, will also be pleading guilty in Mobile County in October. According to prosecutors, he couldn't make it to court Thursday morning because he was on the verge of losing his job. He too pleaded guilty to similar charges in Baldwin County on Wednesday.

Published: May 30, 2014
"Lead investigators working on missing mother Brittney Wood’s case say they are waiting for forensics results on possible evidence found in a vehicle.

Detectives are not revealing who the vehicle belonged to. Only saying they found the vehicle a few months ago, took samples and sent possible evidence to a forensics lab.

Detectives say they sent possible evidence to a foresenics lab a few months ago and it will be another couple of months before they get the results."

http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/30/britt...ensics-results-sources-close-to-case-talking/

It's been couple of months. I guess the evidence didn't pan out?
I'd say that depends on where the evidence was sent, and whether two months was a reasonable estimate of time. I know in the Lauren Giddings case, two weeks stretched out to two months, and ultimately over two years. Jaren Lockhart is another case that springs to mind where a forensic lab backlog delayed processing of evidence for well over a year.

Even if the evidence did pan out, I'd hardly expect a bombshell, breaking news headline.

JMO

ADA Nikki Patterson interview dated today 8/7/14...

http://youtu.be/-1YzeFgYZA4

In the interview the ADA is asked (not verbatim) if she feels more confident about convicting the others involved. ADA in part of her answer (not verbatim) states anytime you can add an adult who can I saw it too, I was there, you take some of the pressure off these children.

This is in regards to the children testifying in court so it sounds like Dustin plans on testifying for the prosecution.

ADA Nicki Patterson interview dated today 8/7/14...

http://youtu.be/-1YzeFgYZA4

At the end of the interview the ADA is asked how these cases tie into Brittney's disappearance. ADA Nicki Pattersons answer -

Well, someone knows where she is or where her body is and certainly I think it is very important for Baldwin county and Mobile county to know where that is. And we would certainly very much like to know her location.

In the interview the ADA is asked (not verbatim) if she feels more confident about convicting the others involved. ADA in part of her answer (not verbatim) states anytime you can add an adult who can I saw it too, I was there, you take some of the pressure off these children.
This is in regards to the children testifying in court so it sounds like Dustin plans on testifying for the prosecution.

*with Derek, Paul and Scott. IMO.

Repost to quote Nikki Patterson:
http://youtu.be/xEY0sjhSGIE?t=1m55s
"It's been very difficult for these kids for their family members, to be somewhat united in saying that they were lying."
Brittney went through this testifying at 12 for the events when she was 9 and her abuser is still serving a life sentence.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/08/man_charge_in_wood_family_sex.html#incart_2box

Snipped from above article:

Pilcher also told the judge that Brownlee made the decision against his advice.

"The deal was a fair deal, in my opinion, considering the facts that I have been provided up to this point," Pilcher said after the hearing.

Pilcher is Brownlees's lawyer, I'm thinking even he believes brownlee is guilty.

To "quote" the article, there's a new button 2nd row 2nd from far right (same row as Underline but the other end) The icon looks like the little quote balloon with the nipple hanging down. Highlight your pasted text in your post and click that icon will put it in a cloud balloon. As well as clicking it first, then pasting the text between the QUOTE tags that appear (more similar to the old style). Either way works.
You'd asked a page or 3 back. :wave:

My gut is telling me that Dustin & Scott will both testify and that they're just trying to do the right thing now, for what it's worth - be it whether they're helping the State to help heal the victims or to save their own azzes remains to be seen. Wendy Wood Holland KNEW EXACTLY what was going on the whole time, and SO DID Jennifer Moore, so those two are the ones I hope receive the harshest penalties. Jennifer filmed some child *advertiser censored* $4!+ and Wendy was married to Donnie for crying out loud - so darn right I hold them more complicit.

How convenient that Wendy was with Jennifer that night that Brittney disappeared...

Now that this is in mainstream, can we talk about it? For instance, her age when she testified... If she knew what was going on with members of her family as well so why didn't she tell on them too?

The last sentence is mine. Not part of ADA quote. So I think we still tread lightly.

Repost to quote Nikki Patterson:
http://youtu.be/xEY0sjhSGIE?t=1m55s
"It's been very difficult for these kids for their family members, to be somewhat united in saying that they were lying."
Brittney went through this testifying at 12 for the events when she was 9 and her abuser is still serving a life sentence.

And think back when we were 9 & 12 years old.

[
QUOTE=KateB;10835383]To "quote" the article, there's a new button 2nd row 2nd from far right (same row as Underline but the other end) The icon looks like the little quote balloon with the nipple hanging down. Highlight your pasted text in your post and click that icon will put it in a cloud balloon. As well as clicking it first, then pasting the text between the QUOTE tags that appear (more similar to the old style). Either way works.
You'd asked a page or 3 back. :wave:
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

My gut is telling me that Dustin & Scott will both testify and that they're just trying to do the right thing now, for what it's worth - be it whether they're helping the State to help heal the victims or to save their own azzes remains to be seen. Wendy Wood Holland KNEW EXACTLY what was going on the whole time, and SO DID Jennifer Moore, so those two are the ones I hope receive the harshest penalties. Jennifer filmed some child *advertiser censored* $4!+ and Wendy was married to Donnie for crying out loud - so darn right I hold them more complicit.

How convenient that Wendy was with Jennifer that night that Brittney disappeared...

Just a few days ago I took my sister out to the location where DH was found injured. We were all around Fish River. When she saw the spot where WWH & JM found DH with the head injury she looked at me at said: Look at this brush, she didn't see how anyone would be able to find a person or a person's belongings in that area. It is thick, nasty, and impossible to check the whole area. My sister also commented on how these two were even able to find him in that short of time. Now, there is a house built where DH's car sat. Before that it would not have been as cleared.

Steph and I have filmed the area, however I am not able to upload from my tablet. If I can get that figured out, it may give good insight to just how bad the environment is. Between Styx River and the location DH was found injured, it is extremely thick and dangerous. Tons of hidden areas.

The other thing, I'm not sure evidence LE sent to forensic didn't come back with favorable results to the prosecution. There are several pleading guilty. I doubt we will know either way unless it comes out in court.

I just pray we will find Brittney.

Just a few days ago I took my sister out to the location where DH was found injured. We were all around Fish River. When she saw the spot where WWH & JM found DH with the head injury she looked at me at said: Look at this brush, she didn't see how anyone would be able to find a person or a person's belongings in that area. It is thick, nasty, and impossible to check the whole area. My sister also commented on how these two were even able to find him in that short of time. Now, there is a house built where DH's car sat. Before that it would not have been as cleared.

Steph and I have filmed the area, however I am not able to upload from my tablet. If I can get that figured out, it may give good insight to just how bad the environment is. Between Styx River and the location DH was found injured, it is extremely thick and dangerous. Tons of hidden areas.

The other thing, I'm not sure evidence LE sent to forensic didn't come back with favorable results to the prosecution. There are several pleading guilty. I doubt we will know either way unless it comes out in court.

The last sentence is mine. Not part of ADA quote. So I think we still tread lightly.

Thanks Kate! Is there anyway you could please edit your post bc even though you used quotations, there's no space between where Nikki Patterson spoke and you spoke, so it looks as though the whole thing is from her...or maybe separate what she said using the quote brackets? I asked mods if we could discuss it now that its in msm, but now I realize that's not what was said. Darn it.

ETA - I also just deleted my post req to discuss it now.

Hi Willow Knight. Thanks! Maybe it could be uploaded to YouTube then the link supplied here?

They are not doing the right thing for the right thing's sake. People like this don't just "see the light". There is one reason and one reason only why people like this plead out. It's because they believe it's in their own self interest. Believe it or not, they will probably view it as having beaten the system because they didn't get the max sentence. Just MHO.

Might sound silly, but I wonder if the DA is making too many deals too fast. I have always felt that finding the answers to where Brittney is was dependent on the trial dates getting here and having life imprisonment lingering over people's heads in order to garner that information. I certainly understand making a plea deal with one of them to garner their cooperation and bolster the victim's testimony, but if they plead out everyone, they have no hammer. That is, unless some pleading out have already provided or are assisting with finding Brittney and we don't know it yet. My biggest concern is, plead everyone out and there is nothing left pending, the investigation will stall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx